I’ve Got Heart!

Now that we are in the month of January my thoughts turn to ‘Valentines Day’.

A day set aside for us to show the ones we love just how much we appreciate them.

I love Valentines Day. . .One might say, I’ve got heart!

So of course, the crafting has begun!

Thanks to Pinterest there are plenty of ideas to draw from.

So, I’m opening up my heart(s) to you.

Heart #1 is an ornament wreath heart.  I had been collecting ornaments to make a Christmas wreath when I saw a heart one on my inspiration board.  I needed more pinks so my friend, Joyce and I hit the after Christmas sales.

DSC00249

One of my Valentines displays will have pops of aqua so I threw some of my vintage aqua ornaments in amongst the pinks, silvers, and whites.

DSC00251

A dusting of silver glitter spray gives the newer ornaments a vintage feel.

DSC00250

You can’t go wrong with a dotted Swiss pink bow.

DSC00252

I hung it on my chippy white door for a photo, not sure where it will end up.  Notice my little red shelf is empty.  How could that be? lol! 

DSC00253

Here was my inspiration from Pinterest.  She gives a great tutorial so I’m just giving you the link.  In case you want to make one.

valentine ornament wreath (8)

http://www.mommyiscoocoo.com/2012/01/how-to-make-valentine-ornament-wreath.html

Heart #2 is a framed cork heart.

I picked up a bag of corks a while back at a discount store.  My Pinterest inspiration had painted the corks in various shades of pinks and reds.  I thought it would be fun to glitter them.  I just painted the top with Modge Podge and sprinkled with glitter.  I let them dry well then covered a piece of cardboard to fit my frame with burlap and hot glued them on.

DSC00246

Oh how this baby shines!

DSC00247

The writing on the sides of the corks give it a Frenchy feel.

DSC00254

I didn’t have a lot of corks so my heart is a tall thin primitive heart.  The kind of heart I love!

DSC00248

And here is my inspiration .

94c72e7893fed912f5b887c09a2b6ca8

How about you?  Do you have heart?

For more inspiration check out my Valentines board.

And please hop over and like my new Facebook page.

hugs,

Jann

*This post was featured at The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday and at Rose Chintz Cottage for Home and Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays.  Thanks ladies!

I will be sharing with these lovely ladies:

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

The Scoop

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

37 comments

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Gorgeous wreaths...I'm headed over to your Pinterest boards to see more! Hugs, Penny

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I do have heart....just not out yet!! Another week or so! Love both of your creations.

Stacey said...

I have heart...we got married on Valentine's and this year will be our 26th. However, I've never decorated for Valentine's. I'll just enjoy yours. :)

Katie Mansfield said...

The cork on is A-dorable. Love it.
I love pulling out my pink Christmas balls for Valentine's day.

Kris said...

Hi Jann,
I was here to catch up !!!! I love the vintage bulb heart! So pretty!!!! And your winter kitchen.....oh la la!! All of your beautiful displays...so nice.
Hope you are doing well!!
xo Kris

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love them both Jann! Maybe the ornament one a little more!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely hearts. I love Valentines Day, will probably make homemade heart cut out cookies.

The Old Parsonage said...

They are both darling - love all the glitz and glimmer. We're still Christmas-ing here at The Old Parsonage:)

Next week we'll feel the LOVE!

Leann

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, you are really getting a jump on Valentine's Day. How smart you are. Your wreath and cork board are so pretty!

Linda W. said...

Love your heart ornament! So pretty!

Sarah said...

Jann, your heart wreath and cork heart are both fun pieces. Yes, I have heart too. I adore Valentine's Day and spotlight the hearts around here. Haven't created my vignettes as yet, but they are being planned as I type. '-)
Happy Hearts to you!

Kathe said...

Both of you Valentine's Day crafts are stunning Jan I love the soft romantic colors of your wreath better than your inspiration! Pinning!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love both of your heart projects, The wreath is adorable...Of course I like the corks too. I don't have a Valentines door hanger yet...Hum, I have to see what I have in pink ornaments!!

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love both of your heart projects, The wreath is adorable...Of course I like the corks too. I don't have a Valentines door hanger yet...Hum, I have to see what I have in pink ornaments!!

Carol

cynthia lee designs said...

Yes Jann...I have heart!! Actually, I have several hearts out around my home all year long.
hugs,
Cindy

Jill said...

If I had enough shiny brites left, I would be making a Valentine wreath, it's really pretty!

Patti said...

You are amazing! Do you even slow down a little bit? Bless your little heart for making such pretty things!

Winnie said...

Gorgeous wreaths!!
I just looooooooove all the pink shades
Absolutely beautiful :)

LBP said...

I love your hearts! I would have a mess if I tried to make the vintage ornament ball one, but that glittered cork one I can probably do! Happy New Year!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the heart ornament wreath! Now there's an idea for next year because I know i don't have enough after making my big Christmas one. I'll check out your facebook!

Cynthia said...

Jann, love your hearts. The first one is my favorite on that chippy door. The colors are great.

Cynthia

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You are amazing! I haven't even thought of Va.lentines yet

Junkchiccottage said...

Both are so cute Jann. Love them both.
Kris

Unknown said...

They are precious! It makes me want to go make a valentine's day wreath too! Thanks for sharing, Jann!

kelly said...

Thank you so much Jann for stoping by my blog! That is so encouraging! You have a lovely blog and I am eager to dive in {btw, love the ornamental heart wreath!} Thanks so much!

xokelly @ cowboy's daughter design

Rose L said...

I have a few crafts you might enjoy:
http://www.ceridianindex.com/simple-ideas-for-valentines-day-craft/hearts-intertwined-with-one-another-make-this-befetting-valentines-day-decor/

http://www.ceridianindex.com/simple-ideas-for-valentines-day-craft/valentines-specimen-art-for-those-who-love-a-touch-of-sophistication/

http://scrappergirl.typepad.com/scappergirl/2009/01/heart-photo-ornament-tutorial-included.html

http://www.marthastewart.com/272535/crayon-hearts

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/01/love-note-pillows-and-question.html

must love junk said...

Jann, I love both the wreath and the framed heart!! They turned out great! :)
Susan

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Both hearts are gorgeous, Jann! I need to make something to add some color now that my Christmas stuff has been packed away.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann,

Oh my the heart ornament wreath is stunning! I am going to have to break down soon and make one of these! I should have gone shopping too and purchased more ornaments but hate the crowds.
I do like the addition of glitter to the corks, it makes it that much more special.
Hugs, Lynnie

Jamie | anderson + grant said...

So pretty! I don't know which heart I like better!

Unknown said...

Jann, I just love your hearts! They're both really pretty. But the pink and teal ornaments are definitely awesome!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love this idea and your pretty version.

Unknown said...

I am so happy you were inspired! Many Thanks! Amanda

Your wreath looks great!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Monday, Jann! I love your creations, especially the heart wreath! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at my HOME and have a fabulous week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So fun and happy! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button. Here is the link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-it-pretty-monday-week-84.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kathy said...

Mine is too! Love these - the cork one is fantastic! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

These look great! Your way ahead of me! I just hung a heart wreath this week and thought that may just be where that stays! LOL!

Instagram