Front Porch Welcome

011
Come sit with me upon my porch
We’ll share a glance or two.
You never know what one might see;
Just know, that I would love to sit with you!
004
I love my vintage glider and chairs I purchased at the Star Mill Antiques.  They were real rusty, so I had them sand blasted and powder coated.
001
008
012
015014
024
I’ll keep the light on!
016017018019020021022
Here are a few things that have happened in my little cul-de-sac in the past year and a half.
1.  Frequently we see deer just walking ever so nonchalantly up the road.
2.  Twice a car has pulled in here because the couple was having an argument.  I kept my fingers crossed that I didn’t have to call the police.  Luckily, both times they resolved it.   At least they had enough sense to pull off of the road.
3.  Probably the most exciting thing is that one morning I kept seeing more and more policeman dressed in SWAT attire gather in my circle.  When I went out to inquire whether or not this was a training op. the head guy informed me, “No mam, it’s the real deal.”
This soon became one of my favorite things to say. That and his 2nd quote.  “It’s just the way we roll.”  He said that when he informed me that they were going to be bringing in all kinds of big equipment.
I found out that there was an incident going on in a neighborhood close by. Our circle just happen to be a good place to gather.

Usually, my front porch is a very calm and relaxing place.
Every hour the town clock will chime.
But one never knows.
So please come by, whether quiet or noisy,
sitting with you would be sublime!

I am linking up with:

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Elements Interiors

21 comments

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

You have a beautiful garden. I love the old door on your porch. The old iron is great too. I hope to run across some myself soon.

Pam Kessler said...

I am in love with your porch furnture. The glider is amazing! I have seen some prettty rusty ones and never thought to have them sandblasted. Good idea.

ShabbyESP said...

I love your front porch it looks so inviting!!
And your flower garden is beautiful!!
Enjoy your day!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Diann said...

you have so many fun and cheerful things around your yard. It all looks so welcoming!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your porch. The red and yellow is so pretty and the table vignette is wonderful. The garden looks fabulous also. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Jan,
This is my first time to visit, and a pleasant visit it was. Your porch and yard is quite charming and colorful. Love how you did the colorful pots in the lil island area with the birdbath, very cute, and all your flowers are beautiful. Also thought your tribute to your Mom was wonderful, what a blessing she was.......
You have a nice evening,
blessings, Nellie

Maureen said...

Oh I love your front porch, love all the vintage goodies, but that door is absolutely gorgeous. I am a sucker for peeling, crazed, cracked white paint.

Janet said...

What a cute porch!!! :)

www.iheartmygluegun.com

Unknown said...

Everything is so pretty Jan. I love the porch furniture and all the cute vignettes you've created. The outside of your home and yard are beautiful!

Have a wonderful day...Tracy :)

Angela said...

Back for a second time this morning. Became a follower earlier and now I'm back to say I will be back when I have more time,,LOL. I DO love the pics you have shared. Your porch is just oh soooooooooooooooo awesome!!

LV said...

It would be a pleasure sitting with you on the porch. What lovely views you have. At least with all that is going around you, it is never boring.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I can tell you've put a lot of thought--and love--into decorating your home.

GOING FOR THE RED

“If forced to make choices,” she said,
“I’d go for the crimson and red.
I’d let go of green,
(Some think it’s obscene),
Embracing magenta instead.”


Dancers in Red

Melanie said...

Love it!!!

I would love for you to come link up your post at my "Encouragement is Contagious!" linky party! And... please link up some of your other favorites from blogs you love! Then, those bloggers will also get lots of unexpected, encouraging comments!

Blessings!
Melanie

Peg said...

Your porch and all the spring flowers are so pretty. Mam, it's the real deal. I love the way you roll Jann.

veryheatherly said...

Your front porch is so inviting!

SueLovesCherries said...

What an awesome find! And to have them restored with such pretty colors, too!

That's so funny about the swat team! I'd love to see them when I come to visit!

By the Bluegrass said...

Hi Jan,
What a beautiful house you have. I am so glad you commented about us being swap partners, otherwise I would have never known. I never received an email, so I didn't think I was in the swap. But, yay....This will be fun. I'm looking forward to looking through your blog. Talk soon.
xo,
Sena

izzy said...

you are the greatest.....

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful post! Loved your space!
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Lynn Wood said...

I am in love with your metal furniture! It's just great that you were able to restore it. I'm hoping I'll get lucky this weekend and find something similar.

Patty said...

I love your house, especially your front porch. It's so inviting. Thanks for hosting your linky party.

Instagram