My Alpine Home

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pretty Poppies!

Before I do my post  I would like to thank Debra from Common Ground for featuring my planted vintage baby bath.  I really appreciate it!

The first of the week I showed you my “Pop of Color” Poppies on my kitchen table.

If you’d like to see that post go here: Pop of Color

IMG_6197

Today I thought I would share the rest of my kitchen poppy décor.

My friend, Ann gave me the cupboard door, turned tray for my birthday last year.  It’s a fun piece that helps group this vignette on my island.

IMG_6214

IMG_6208

I don’t have enough poppy dishes to really do an entire tablescape so I throw them here and there for color.  The birds nest was a favor from a baby shower.  I just sat it there when I came home.  The egg is chap stick.  How sweet is that?

IMG_6213

These are some of my everyday dishes.  I pulled them out to display for the month of May.  It might be fun doing a tablescape with them and the poppies.

IMG_6216

Vignette on the kitchen counter.

IMG_6210

Notice my Pyrex snack stackers?  They are a new find from my friend, Dolly’s Aunt Bunny.

IMG_6212

IMG_6210

When I saw this vintage teapot (coffee pot), not sure.  I was thrilled.  I have never found anything old with a poppy theme.

IMG_6211

To tie in the three colors found in poppies I filled my boxes with red, green, and yellow candy.  The green ones are a bit lower today.  Hee-hee, wonder who’s been snacking on them?

IMG_6209

Behind my stove I have a yellow platter and my poppy S&P and sugar.

IMG_6265

Yesterday I found this small poppy bowl at D.I. for 50 cents.

IMG_6262

Don’t you just love it when you find something to add to a previous collection?  No matter how small it brings me such delight.

There you have it, my pretty poppies.  I hope they help to brighten your day!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Funky Junk Interiors for SNS

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

19 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Wow! colorful dishes just perfect for the summer, everything looks so alive and vibrant!

Kelley said...

They brightened my night: It's 10:40 pm.

Kate said...

Hi jann
what a beautiful display of color. Love all of the pops of red. Have a lovely weekend.

xo
Kate

Vicki/Jake said...

You're just a fun one to see on a weekend:) Love all the colors here and that you shop for something cute most everyday...and find it!

poppilinnstudios said...

Love all the beautiful color, Jann! So cheery! Have a wonderful weekend.
-Lynn

Terrie said...

Love poppies, love the bright red. Your collection is brilliant. Having the morning tea with the beautiful set is such a pretty start of the day.
Terrie from Hong Kong

Karen S. said...

Lovely surroundings! I'm not so much a fan of red, but these are just lovely in how you've presented them. Fabulous post!

allisamazing said...

Your poppies are beautiful. My daughter has a lovely poppy mug that sits in the cupboard and calls for me to use it lol

allisamazing said...

Your poppies are beautiful. My daughter has a lovely poppy mug that sits in the cupboard and calls for me to use it lol

Lori E said...

Loving the poppies but your green dishes in the rack are making me green with envy!!

Hibiscus House said...

Jann,
Beautiful, I love poppies and your colors are so great!

NanaDiana said...

What fun! I love your display and think the door turned tray is especially cool! I love the pop of color poppies add (pop-pop of color-poppies, get it-nevermind)

My mother loved poppies and had a whole huge bed of them under her cherry trees. xo Diana

andrea@townandprairie said...

I've always believed that red and green is a color combo that spans seasons.

Linda said...

I so admire anyone who can decorate like that and have it survive a day of cooking! As much as I love this, I will have to stick with the functional look...but I really enjoy seeing your kitchen!

Snap said...

Love those poppies! Such a wonderful POP of color!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Poppies! That is too cool! My parents house always has these beautiful huge oriental poppies growing. You would love them, I can't seem to grow them well out here on the prairie. Maybe I should try again? Jann, I have to tell you. Your kitchen colors and decorating taste are so similar to mine! In color, at least. I love your poppy dishes, but have none. And the stackable pyrex.. well now I must look for some!
Thank you for sharing your pretty stuff today!
Blessings,
Susie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your pretty poppies Jann! So pretty how you've used them in your displays.

The Tablescaper said...

Such wonderful pops of color!Thank you for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

YES!! It is totally wonderful to find something you collect. I don't think one can understand that sort of thing when it comes to your home, except one who feels the same exact way!!