Welcome Fall!

Although the official first day of Fall is not until the 22nd, once September has arrived I get Fall Fever.

There is a slight chill in the morning air and our Utah mountains are gearing up for putting on their yearly spectacular show.

It’s time to freshen up our home with some of the beautiful orange, gold, green, and earth tones that signify Fall.

IMG_1994

I created the Fall window after seeing one that Trisha from  Glass Slippers and All That Stuff used to hold the word Love.  I didn’t have a four pane window so I divided it with a strip of burlap topped with a rolled rose.  I had a 6 pane one and debated about writing A.U.T.U.M.N. 

Fall is a season of BLISS! Cooler temps and colorful mountains.

IMG_1995 

IMG_2005 

An assortment of fabric pumpkins spill out from a vintage shopping basket.

IMG_2000

This banner was one that I pinned to my ‘Fabulous Fall’ Pinterest board.  It was a quick, easy, and fun project.

IMG_1998

Made from old book pages, scrapbook paper, buttons, and strung on bakers twine.

IMG_2006

Aren’t the eyes on this owl just so cute?

IMG_1996

To carry on the book page theme I brought in a rustic branch and added some leaves cut from book pages.  I also added some of the hot wings from my Maple tree and a few real dried leaves.

IMG_2003

All together it makes a simplistic Fall mantle.

IMG_2004

On the hearth a rustic box that I white washed is filled with last years dried Limelight Hydrangea blooms. 

IMG_2001

IMG_2009

IMG_2002

Although Spring is still my favorite season I love so many things about Fall.  Harvesting all of the wonderful bounty from my garden is just one of them!

Happy Fall Y’all!

hugs,

Jann

This post was featured in a collection of 20 Fall ideas on Anderson and Grant Blog

I will be sharing with these lovely blogs:

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

The Scoop

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Ivy and Elephants for What's It Weds.

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Weds.

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

Dream, Create, Inspire Fall Link Party

Funky Junk Interiors for Fall Mantel Decorating

36 comments

Jen said...

C-U-T-E~!!!
Love, love, love, those fabric pumpkins~!
I have fall fever too, but I'm trying to milk it out a week, or two more before I drag out the fall decor...
Love it all!
(=

Winnie said...

Everything looks so nice and lovely!
And I'm jealous, as here summer is still in full force - it's hot and terribly humid.... :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, I love it! Everything looks so lovely.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Salmagundi said...

You are so with it -- I'm envious!! I'm really getting anxious for Fall now, as the garden has been so prolific; I'm begging my friends to deliver me from all the produce. The freezer is getting full - just enough room left for tomatoes and carrots. Green beens, anyone; I can't look at another one?? Take care, Sally

Unknown said...

I'm still holding off on decorating completely for Fall. Soon, though! Your mantle and hearth look great!

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful ideas Jann. I've started putting out some fall things too. I like the banner with the old book pages and pumpkins. It looks easy to do. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Pamela

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Hi Jann...so glad to know I am not the only blogger totally in Fall mode!!! I love the colors of the season...maybe because I was born in the autumn. Your display is just beautiful...such creativity. Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend.
XO Barbara

Trisha said...

Your window turned out PERFECT! I just love your whole mantle and the book page theme. Now I need a fall window...have a great week!

~Trisha

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm in love with your mantel and pinning all these wonderful ideas!

camp and cottage living said...

Jan
I love your cloth pumpkins!
I may try making some.
Spring is my favorite time too, but Fall is pretty darn close.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Fall mantle! I have Fall fever too and plan to put my Fall things out next week.
hugs,
Cindy

Micupoftea said...

Lovely seasonal mantle...Fall is my FAV time of year and I am thrilled it is September....now, if the temps in SO Ca would just cooperate and cool down!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

As we turn our calendar page, the weather has suddenly changed from unbearably hot and humid to chilly and overcast. I've got the bug to haul out my autumn decor, too. I love your mantel with the black owl watching over. :)

Your views of the mountains must be spectacular in the fall!

Susie said...

Jann, Your mantle is so cute and ready for autumn. I love the plaid pumpkins.:):) Dried hydrangeas look good with any decor , I think. Blessings to you. xoxo,Susie

Di said...

I so love that owl, especially with the fat pumpkins. Jann how do you dry your hydrangeas? Thank you!

One More Time Events said...

Loving your fall you are way ahead of me! Would love it if came by and shared at http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/09/share-it-one-more-time-party-and.html
Hugs,
Tammy

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
I love all your fall decor. Those fabric pumpkins are so adorable. Love it all.
Kris

Rose L said...

You are so cute with the decor! I never have the energy.

The Old Parsonage said...

Love love love it! All the crafty goodness make me want to get busy too.

I just hung up a fall wrath on the front door today. I love the weather!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your fall decor is adorable. Love it!

Unknown said...

I love everything about your Fall post Jan, especially the window with the paper lettering. thanks for coming to my blog !

Karen

Cynthia said...

Jann love this post. Once Labor Day hits summer is over for me. I love, love this time of year. My favorite. I am not a summer girl at all. Love the decorations.

Cynthia

Kim said...

I am still stuck firmly in summer, but your mantle looks great and I am totally making that banner~ In Love!

Jeannie Marie said...

So many wonderful things so artfully placed! Love it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Since I can't type straight today, I had to start over. I love your mantel, The window and the basket are fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, you did a beautiful job with the decorations! Now you have inspired me to decorate my mantle for fall! I want to crochet some pumpkins with orange yarn that I bought today. Take care and have a great week and happy fall.
Julie

Tea in the Library said...

I am bookmarking this post for when I'm inspired to 'do' Fall. It's too hot here to think of it yet! I may have to copy cat you and white wash one of the rustic boxes I made in early summer.

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Very cute! So ready for fall! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love your arrangement and your vignette...and that owl is adorable!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Thanks for the Fall inspiration. I'm not quite ready to give up on Summer yet. Maybe next week!

Your owl has so much character!

Debra

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

Oh dear me, I love your fall mantle. The fabric pumpkins are adorable, and I really like the way you made your Fall window pane. I too like book pages, and I may have to make myself some leaves. So lovely on the bare branch. Thanks for sharing your gift! xoxo

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

Oh dear me, I love your fall mantle. The fabric pumpkins are adorable, and I really like the way you made your Fall window pane. I too like book pages, and I may have to make myself some leaves. So lovely on the bare branch. Thanks for sharing your gift! xoxo

Doreen @ Hymns and Verses said...

Jann,

I love everything about this fall mantel! We must be on the same wavelength because I am working on some book page leaves too! Thanks so much for linking up to our party and I'm pinning this to our fall board!

Blessings,
Doreen

Sara said...

What a beautiful mantle! I am in love with the pumpkin garland and now must.have.it. LOL! Thanks for linking up to the Dream*Create*Inspire party!

Jamie | anderson + grant said...

Hi Jann! I wanted to let you know that I featured your fall display in a collection of decorating ideas on my blog last week....Love everything you put together here! I'm crazy about those pumpkins you have laid in the basket....Such nice textures and colors!
Jamie | andersonandgrant.blogspot.com

Instagram