I have a new hang up. . .

Many of us have hang ups that we’d like to let go of, but I don’t think this hang up is one of them.

IMG_3996_0212

We have this large 20 ft. high wall in our family room that I have struggled with decorating ever since we moved into this home.

Sometime I will show the entire wall, but today I am just showing the space that was empty below a large clock.  I’ve always felt like it needed something, but just hadn’t found the right thing.

IMG_3999_0215

After we bought our new sectional and I ordered pillows with shades of red, green, aqua, mustard, and chocolate. I thought it would be fun to bring a few more touches of mustard into the room.  I’ve always had red, aqua, and green.

IMG_4003_0219

I had picked up this chippy piece of molding for $11 at an antique store a while back.  I wanted it to be a darker shade of yellow, so I rubbed it with some brown glaze.  Pulling from trinkets that I have collected over the years I began adding hooks.

IMG_3998_0214

Today I just hung a few things that I had on hand to see how it might look.  A red jar filled with a faux sedum and mini nest is a hopeful touch of Spring.  I love the layers of paint and how much of it has chipped off this molding!

IMG_3991_0207

IMG_3993_0209

A rustic hinge and a few dried roses hang from an old doorknob.

IMG_3994_0210

Oh the charm of rust!

IMG_3995_0211

I just picked this burlap basket up yesterday.  I have a hard time passing up anything garden themed.  Remember when these brass hooks with the porcelain knobs were all the thing?  A little crystal knob is slightly hidden by the greenery.

IMG_4000_0216

I love the sweet flower and the definition of garden:  A plot of ground where plants are cultivated.  If you ask me, a garden cultivates our souls as well!  I don’t think the basket will stay here, because it’s too much the same size as the red jar.  Funny how things like that bug us.

IMG_4005_0221

IMG_4001_0217

I love hang ups and my Pinterest Hang Ups Board gives me inspiration as to what I might want to hang from this.  Check it out for more fun ideas!

Who knows, you might just find one of your hang ups there!

How about you?  Got any new hang ups?

hugs,

Jann

This post was featured at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.  Thanks so very much Linda!

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

One More Time Events for Share it One More Time

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

We Call it Junkin for History and Home Link Party

35 comments

Susie said...

Jann, That is a very cute vignette. I love the garden pot. You certainly made that old vintage piece work for you. xoxo,Susie

Pamela Gordon said...

That is adorable Jann! I love the little details on the piece of wood and the sweet things you've hung from it. It looks springy too. :)

NanaDiana said...

Jann- That looks just great. Those big walls are tough to decorate aren't they? It's almost like nothing or you have to really do SOMETHING exciting. What a fun piece to add to the wall! Now you KNOW I want to see the whole wall!;>) xo Diana

Anonymous said...

It's just perfect for you, Jann!

Nell at njschout said...

What a novel idea!

Linda said...

I love your new hang up. I would never thought of using an old hinge.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Your hang up is an awesome piece. I love it. I think it looks great with what you have hanging on it.
Kris

cynthia lee designs said...

Loving your new hang up!! It looks great there. Now I off to see your Pinterest Hang Ups Board.
hugs,
Cindy

Stacey said...

It looks great! I like the old chippy piece of molding. You can never have enough hang up spots or shelves.

Never So Simple said...

I love the molding and what you did with it. It looks so good! Love when people share their new trash to treasures!

Donna

Patti said...

Everything about this piece is wonderful! You are so clever.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love the shelf and everything that you displayed on it!!

Thanks so much for all your visits!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Irene Helms Designs said...

Love your new hang-up Jann. Love and following your Pinterest board as well. Thanks for sharing!
Irene

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann, love your new hang up!! It does add some texture and visual interest to the room!

The Country Nest said...

What a great idea, it looks so cute on your wall~

Unknown said...

I love you new hang up. How cute and it looks fantastic.
Great job. Hang in there.
Angel

camp and cottage living said...

Great idea, Jann!
Good thing you nabbed the piece of trim when you did.
If you like it, buy it. You will always find a place or use for it.

Audrey said...

I really like it Jann ... and it looks great on your wall under that beautiful clock. Taking note of the unusual 'hooks' ... especially the top part of that old window latch. Thanks for the inspiration.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Fran. said...

Oh Jann Olsen I LOVE you and your groovey style!! XOXO Love Fran.

Nancy's Notes said...

That is just an awesome look you've created with the piece of molding! You are so very creative and love your hang ups! Like my friend, Nana Diana, she's so funny, let's see the rest! Bet it looks amazing too!

Nancy

must love junk said...

Jann,that's one 'hang up' I wouldn't mind having! Love it :)
Susan

Rose L said...

That looks really nice!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

I love your hang up. It looks fabulous with the clock, love that as well. I totally adore the burlap Garden bag. SO sweet. Enjoyed my visit. Hope you have a blessed week. Hugs, Beverly

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning Jann, This is just the cutest idea ever... I think the mustard yellow is so rich!
Having a high ceiling is always a challenge. But I think this is unique and really smart!
Your such a smart cookie...
Going to Pin this myself!
Blessings Always, Roxy

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a great idea and I love the words, hang ups..... Clever woman...

Unknown said...

I love it Jann! What a great color and so much fun with those knobs :)

Unknown said...

Everyone loves your blog post.. excellent colors & concept. Cardsharing Server Performed you actually design and style this amazing site oneself as well as performed you hire an attorney to accomplish it for yourself? Plz answer seeing that I!|m trying to style and design my own, personal weblog as well as would like to understand where by you bought this particular via. thanks a lot

Pondside said...

That's a cute idea. I like different little collections - or places to display random little collections. Clever!

Jonell w Harrison said...

Ahhhhhhhhh, Now that's my kind of decorating. {Personally} I call it "Making it up as I go"

One More Time Events said...

Love your hangup..so cute thank you for sharing at One More Time Events…hugs Tammy

From the Old InkWell said...

Too cute! It has so much charm. You know, I have that same red jar. I bought it right before Christmas last year. I'd never seen another when I bought it.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I love this! I bought a cabinet door with an interesting knob from a thrift store a while back, and had no idea what to do with it. This might be it! Featured on my Link Party Features Pinterest board - Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party this week! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Jann,
Love this look...just full of charm. It will be featured at my party on Monday. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at NTT.

Blessings,
Linda

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Jann, this is so cute and creative. I just love it! It looks wonderful with your clock.

Jeanette

Unknown said...

I love your shelf , I have made a few of them for resale from older shelves, I painted, distressed, added different knobs for hanging. I see these in all the stores now for home decor. I rent a small space in a local Auction house were I have some of my painted and repurposed furniture. I have not sold one of the shelves that I made and I don't understand why. Do you sale any of your work or is it just for your home? Best regards
Debbie
daubin56@yahoo.com

Instagram