My Alpine Home

Monday, December 7, 2015

A Nifty Thrifty Christmas

Hello and welcome to day 2 of  'Creating Christmas'.
 
 
Today the party is being hosted by Cecilia.  Hop over to
 
to share your thrifty ideas or Christmas thrift finds.
 
I love using thrift find treasures in my Christmas vignettes!
 
 
Mixing the old with the new makes for a wonderful combination!  The minty coffee pot, the enamel lidded cup, the miniature nativity, and red clock were all scored at thrift shops.  I had a lot of un mixing them into my plaid theme.
 
 
The deer was just scored a couple of weeks ago.  The skates were found at the Salvation Army in Wisconsin 6 years ago.
 
This sweet flocked deer is another recent find and is quite large.  Love it!
 
 
 




It's really hard to get a decent photo in my kitchen window.  I picked up the silver cooler recently for $4.  The thermos and deer are older finds and the batter bowl came from an estate sale.
 
A couple of vignettes in my candy/gingerbread themed
 basement kitchen.
 
 
The pitcher was found at a consignment shop and the little candle was $1 thrift cutie.
 
Santa mugs and coasters.  Perfect thrift finds for my basement!

 
I put together this little vintage basket for my basement bath from odds and ends picked up at thrift shops.
 
 
I like having a cocoa bar for the holidays.  This year I teamed up cocoa and Campbell's.  Why?  Because I have scored a lot of Campbell's items lately and after all, it's mmmmmmm good!  :)
 

The smaller tins hold cocoa and the larger one holds marshmallows.
 
 
I hung some Campbell's mugs from my French drying rack and a Campbell's ornament.  I have a collection and will be adding more, just haven't pulled them out yet.

 
And just for 'old time' sakes.  I'll end with this vignette on my kitchen island.  I just picked up the Snowdrift plate and it was perfect next to my cookie jar!
 
They are really colorful, but for some reason I felt inclined to share them in black and white.  lol!
 
 
Wishing you all a very Thrifty Christmas!
 
Remember that the link party will stay open until Dec. 24th.  So you can still share your Silver and Gold Christmas over at 
 
hugs,
Jann

13 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute! I have lots of vintage items I decorate with. I really enjoy the variety in my home.
hugs,
Linda

Susie said...

Jann, You have some of the nicest things. I loved the thermos. I like that idea of a cocoa and soup bar. :) Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann you have some of the cutest vintage treasures for your decor. Looking so pretty. Have a great new week ahead.
Kris

camp and cottage living said...

You have so many cute vignettes, Jann.

Katie Mansfield said...

So cute. I love my thrifted Christmas stuff.

Consider It All Joy said...

Goodness, I love all of your vintage Christmas finds! And, I love that the items don't have to be Christmas to make a sweet holiday vignette! So many cute pieces that can be used all year! Wise woman!! Blessings, Cindy xo

Cherie said...

You have some lovely things there but I adore the little chalk board. I plan to look out for one. Or maybe make one using a child's chalk board from the £1 shop

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love, love all of your Christmas décor! I have that cute flocked deer and he is a cutie!

Sarah said...

Jann, it's always cheerful at your house. I want to linger at the coco bar. ;-)
Merry Christmas!

My thrift store addiction said...

Love all of your thrifty finds, Jann but that enamelware pot...sigh! I love "Creating Christmas" ~ thanks for including me!

Audrey said...

So fun to see how you have used the vintage collectibles in your Christmas decorating. Makes it so interesting. A real 'Nifty-Thrifty Christmas'. Loving the 'Creating Christmas' link party too. Thanks for hosting.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

cynthia lee designs said...

I love your vintage thrifty Christmas décor!! Everything is so sweet!!
hugs,
Cindy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, you have so many great thrifty finds! Love them all. Hugs, Jo