4th of July Picnic themed mantle

Hello my friends, are your ready for a fun filled
fourth of July weekend?
 
We usually host an outdoor breakfast, but because we are all still recuperating from the wedding we've decided that we will wait and do it on Pioneer Day, July 24th.
 
The day that we celebrate the arrival of the pioneers into
 the Salt Lake valley.
 
 
Still, I had to decorate my home for one of my favorite holidays.
 
Last Monday I went downstairs to take a picture of my thermos's and picnic tins for Instagram.
 

That's when the idea hit me to use some of them for my upstairs mantle.  Of course I had a theme in mind,
"4th of July Picnic".
 


I tucked one of my Americana quilts under the handles of a thrift find picnic basket and placed it on the hearth.
 
Every picnic needs a blanket.
 

 
 
Hand stamped flags, picked up at a yard sale for $2 each were placed inside some of the thermoses.

 
 I added a vintage coke crate, because everyone knows that; "things go better with coke"!  :)
 
 
Three of my small quilts took center stage on the mantle.
 
Then I added the banner I made a few years ago.

  A few more thermoses were placed on a rustic childs t.v. tray and placed on the other side of the hearth.  The cooler with the ball is my newest estate sale find.  Love it!


 
 There you have it, my "4th of July Picnic" mantle.

 
 

 Wishing my American friends a wonderful holiday weekend!
 
hugs,
Jann

This post was featured at Vintage Charm  Thanks ladies!!

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Vintage Charm Party
Thoughts of Home on Thursday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
 


25 comments

Stacey said...

Oh girl, you make me want to go out and buy things!! Every time I'm here, I see something I might need to collect.

:)

Joy Junktion said...

I love your picnic/plaid mantle, Jann! Every time I see a plaid thermos I think of you, you don't know how close I have come to purchasing one or two of them and sending them to you, just what you need, One Day!! Enjoy a wonderful holiday weekend, may it be relaxing and refreshing to your soul! Blessings, Cindy xo

Pat said...

Jann,
I adore your mantle with all the picnic thermoses!
The picnic basket with the quilt is so~o~o nostalgic!
Your collection is amazing!
thanks for sharing it with us!
Happy Fourth of July, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

NanaDiana said...

Jann- What a GREAT post. It really shows off the things you have so lovingly collected over the years. A perfect showcase for them.

Happy 4th of July to you and your family- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Totally digging your display! I have obsession with the plaid thermos too and I am in love with the coolers you have! What a great display!!! LOVE. Happy 4th.
GADawn57

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Jan - this all loks so awesome together!

You have the neatest collections, my sweet friend!

So sorry I have been absent - just posted one of the main reasons why....some good news!

Have a safe and happy fun-filled holiday weekend. Hugs and love. ♥

Melissa said...

Very cute! Happy 4th!

Kim said...

Jann, your collections are beautiful, I love peeking at them. I hope you have a fabulous 4th, full of family and fun!

Unknown said...

Jann, I want to go on a picnic with you! Those beautiful quilts are to die for! Love it all, Have a great 4th of JUly weekend~
Dorothy

happyone said...

NICE collections of picnic tins.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your mantel decor! Picnic time!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

You have quite the collection of fabulous plaid coolers and thermoses! Your mantel is so festive. I have a few of my own from thrifting that I am keeping for myself and a few in my shop. I might have to take those out and create a vignette for the summer.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, your mantle is so darling! You are ever so clever. Love it! Have a wonderful weekend. xx Jo

Mary Ann Potter said...

Love, love, love this --- especially the vintage picnic display! Your creativity is just wonderful. Y'all have a great Fourth of July!

Nina Leiws said...

I love your patriotic mantle! You are so talented. Wanna come decorate my Spartan home???

Sharon@bluewillowhouseh said...

Love seeing your thermos collection in the post. Great way to celebrate the 4th of July.

Laura said...

Jann, you have such stunning collections.
Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home!

Debbie Harris said...

What an amazing arrangement you have put together for this time of year that we celebrate the freedoms we have in America. Beautiful job!

You have inspired me.

Have a blessed weekend~

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your mantel...so pretty!!
~Cindy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love this!! I now have to start looking for some thermos's!! Great idea! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying the Holiday weekend!
Hugs,
Deb

Leslie said...

I love it Jan!!!!! You remind me what I missed about blogging!!!! Have a great july 4th. Stay safe.

decorayadora said...

Hi dear Jann !! Que bonito picnic todo temático del 4 :de julio ,, que tengas unas lindas fiestas

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Lovely! Your collections never cease to amaze me :)

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jann, Just wanted to let you know your delightful collection is being featured at tomorrow's Vintage Charm party! Hugs, Cecilia

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Hi Jann,
I clicked through because I love the banner you made. It's adorable!
I love the Americana quilts too!

Instagram