June in the Garden and Garden Party

Hello my friends, summer is officially here.
 
Happy to be celebrating our 3rd Garden party.   My how time flies when you're having fun!  :)
 
In case this is your first time here, this is a joint party between the sweet gals from Thoughts of Home and Carol and I, (two of your hosts for Share Your Cup)
 
 
The first two weeks of June my gardens were bursting with color and the rock wall was filled in and so lush because of our unusual amount of summer rain.
 
 
 
The poppies put on a show like no other!

 
Red,


orange,
 

 
and white lit up the rock wall.  The salmon colored ones opened up later and I missed getting a photo.
 
 
My French lilac is a later bloomer than all of my others.  It was gorgeous, but then the rain stopped and the heat hit and it didn't last long.

 
I love it when things begin to bloom by our pondless waterfall.  The Dutch Iris came and went in one big hurry as well.
 
June is when I welcome my beautiful Clematis. Colors ranging from pink, lavender, to purple.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
as well as my bell flowers.
 

My Juipiters Beard bloomed for what seemed an entire month this year and was breathtaking!
 
 
I love this colorful combination of the alliums and foxtail lilies!
For one week gorgeous peonies bloomed alongside them, but I missed getting a photo.  :(
 
 
But now, it is what I call a transition period.  It has been so warm and I have been cutting back like no other.  The garden did not have nearly the color for our grandson's wedding on Saturday, but with everything going on, it was o.k.
 
 
The Larkspur dots the hillside with a lot of purple.  Each year I seem to get less and less white and pink. 

 
I have two and three butterflies swarming around every day and I love it.  Last week I saw an unusual black and white
 swallow tail.
 
 
You can see how tall everything grew because of all of the early summer rain.
 

 

 The garden is ever changing.  I use to have Hollyhocks along the fence in the middle of the garden.  Now they have seeded and popped up behind our fire pit and are hidden underneath trees.  You can hardly even see them.  Really not photo worthy, but I shared them anyway. 
 

Lillies,
 
 
Yarrow,

 

hostas,
 


and feverfew.
 
 
Three of my summertime favorites that I look forward to ever year are lavender,
 
 
our hot wings maple tree, and
 
 

hydrangeas.  The gorgeous pink and blue ones don't do well here in Utah, but we can still have some pretty ones.  This one is called, Incrediball.  It's young, but when older the blooms are huge.
 
That just about does it for my June garden.  I have been so busy with wedding prep that I haven't had the time to visit blog friends.  So looking forward to seeing what you all have to share!
hugs,
Jann
 
Be sure and hop over and visit the other hosts:
Carol:  Art and Sand
Laura:  Decor to Adore


 
 

34 comments

Eilis@My-heart-lives-here said...

Your garden is amazing. I especially love the Clematis climbing up the ladder. I can easily see why butterflies come to your colorful paradise.

Lady of the Manor said...

Your gardens are stunning!! I've never grown poppies but hope to give them a try at the new house. Thanks for hosting this fun party. It's so inspiring to see what others grow in their gardens!

Art and Sand said...

Your garden is fantastic and must have been a beautiful setting for the wedding last Saturday.

gai said...

Thanks for co-hosting this party. I think your garden looks a lot like mine! I recognize almost all your flowers in my garden.
Gail

Decor To Adore said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I adore your vintage wire fence.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I am totally in love with your entire garden and oh those poppies!
Your backyard Oasis is beautiful!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Oh Jann, your garden is so beautiful! I'm sure that you are loving all of the beautiful and freshness that summer brings. xx Jo

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Beautiful stunning blooms , my friend!! Thanks so much for hosting each month!! My former blog, Debbie-Dabble was hacked through my Face Book Debbie-Dabble Page. I created a new blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog and I invite you to please follow me on my new blog.

www.debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Deb

mjmaterazo said...

your garden is absolutely gorgeous! you have so many great varieties. i'm truly jealous. love, LOVE the ladder idea as a trellis. might have to steal that in the future. xo- maryjo
https://masterpiecesofmylife.com

Stacey said...

So beautiful, Jann. I definitely want to get some Alliums. They stop me in my tracks when I see them blooming.

Your ladder is beautiful!! You really are an accomplished gardener. :)

lynn cockrell said...

Your yard and gardens look beautiful, Jann. We are having such high temperatures and drought down here now and things are getting very dried out and parched. We hope to get some good soaking rain before long.

quakerhillfarm said...

Jann, your garden is very pretty! Thank you for the opportunity to post for this great party, Lynn

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

Your garden has been just gorgeous this June, Jann! Your white fence is the perfect backdrop and really lets the colors shine. I have never seen a hot wings maple tree. It's spectacular! Hoping to hear more about the beautiful garden wedding. Can't wait to visit the other Garden Party blogs! ♡

Unknown said...

You all have such pretty gardens and yards. Thank you so much for the party!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jann, your garden is just gorgeous! So many pretty flowers, and mature flowers. My garden still needs to mature to look pretty. Thanks so much for hosting!

My Painted Garden said...

Hi Jann - oh my - your garden is gorgeous - it would be hard to pick a favorite flower they are all so lovely - your poppy blooms are gorgeous.
Thank you for hosting the garden tour - I am really enjoying all of the beautiful gardens. Erin

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Aahhhh, your garden is glorious!!!! I've been insane this past week and just catching up - did you post about the wedding? I must check your past posts and see what I missed!! I feel a bit out of the loop!

The Charm of Home said...

Jann, I love that rusty old gate and poppies in your garden! I also envy that ladder! Really pretty! Thanks for hosting!

Laura said...

Your garden is just lovely.
It all looks so healthy, and the colors are so vivid.
You are a great gardener Jann!

xinex said...

Hi Jann, we are vacationing in Park City right now but going home tomorrow. This is our second week and I know I will miss your beautiful weather. I love your flowers! My favorite are tge poppies....Christine

Daniela said...

Your garden is truly glorious, everything, just everything is so very beautiful, but I have to admit that your poppies have truly won my heart, thank you, sweetest Jann !

I'm very sorry for not to have been able to prepare a post to link up here, at your so lovely garden party of this month ... I'm so very busy and overwhelmed, lately, I must seriously think about an interlude, alas !

Thus, hoping not to bore to you, I thought to share a post which isn't new to you, but that's the only way I have to participate !

Thank you for your patience, dearie !

Much love to you

Xx Dany

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

It's always a joy to see your gardens. Everything looks so pretty- those poppies are my favorites! I'm excited to see the wedding photos and how it all looked in your beautiful yard.

happyone said...

Gorgeous blooms and I love the birdhouses.

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, you gardens are always so beautiful, oh the gorgeous flowers that you can grow in Utah that are impossible in the Deep South! Can't wait for the wedding photos! Thanks for hosting the fun garden party! Pam @ Everyday Living

Bonnie said...

You have a huge garden! So much eye candy! I understand how quickly things come and go and hard to get photos. I know your wedding was beautiful. You have been very busy.
We are having extreme heat and little rain. Hoping for some rain tonight but it's not looking good.
I'm so impressed you can grow alliums. The squirrels eat them as soon as I plant the bulbs. Your clematis colors are beautiful. I love larkspur and have had it but it bloomed out after a few years so I need to reseed. Your poppies are so pretty too. All your flowers are impressive. It's a lot to keep up but I can tell it is a passion for you.

bj said...

you have such a delightful array of colors in your garden...so pretty

Jeanie said...

Each photo is spectacular but those poppies are just magnificent! What a gorgeous garden! Biggest sigh!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy Jann, your garden is beautiful. I love how the flowers are trailing along that ladder! What a great idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kim said...

I am speechless Jann. Your garden is just amazing!!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love the vintage flair of the old ladder with the purple show of flowers.

Winnie said...

I'm speechless and a bit jealous....
Your garden is simply AMAZING !!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Oh Jann you have quite the lovely assortment of blooms in your beautiful garden! :)

Christina Paul said...

What a beautiful garden and such lovely photos! Love the birdhouse too!
I'm so jealous of those with a green thumb- I thought mine was looking passable until I saw yours lol
Cheers!

Pat said...

Jann,
Absolutely gorgeous Gardens, dear friend!
Like your Wedding planning, I've been MIA in The Land of Blog
as I helped with an event at our Church!
Now I'm just hopping around catching up with dear blog friends!
Fondly,
Pat

Instagram