What’s Cookin?

Lately I’ve been watching the gardening program, “Indoors Out”.  I’ve noticed that they are installing a lot of outdoor kitchens.
They don’t have one up on me.  I’ve had one of those for quite some time now. It was given to my by a friend.  Can’t get any better than that.
Today I would love for you to come take a stroll with me to my outdoor kitchen.
Let’s see what’s cookin.
001
Looks like we have some wonderful sweet potato (vine).  It’s still a bit small, but by the end of summer it will be full and trailing.  Also on the menu are pink, white, and salmon begonias.  Don’t be impatiens, it will be followed by a bit of lobelia.
003
Then we have a nice cold slice of watermelon.  Also if you’d like, we can portulaca you an ice cold drink from one of my vintage watering cans.
002
Let me warn you, I think that there has been a bit of hanky panky going on in the kitchen.
Anyone who knows me knows what an obsessive dead header I am. The minute a plant is through blooming I am cutting it back.
So someone tell me where all of these little feverfew babies came from?
005
The herb garden is directly in front of my stove, and I only have a bit of feverfew.
012
016
Even Rusty, the rooster is wondering why the food in his feeder is not quite what he’s use to.
004006
Instead of chicken feed he gets, fern, impatiens, black sweet potato vine, and fuchsia.
008
What a silly kitchen this is!  Even the dishes and silverware don’t know where they belong.
They just seem to be hanging around wherever they feel like it.
Welcome to Jann’s wonderland.
065
001
Hope you enjoyed your meal.  Drop in anytime, I’d love to cook for you again.
Seriously, I really do love to cook.  But if I have to choose between cooking and gardening, gardening wins hands down every time

Today I am sharing this with Angie for a  Knick of Time Tuesday past post.  See her link below.




I will be linking my outdoor kitchen with:
http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/2012/04/knick-of-time-tuesday-31-vintage-style.html
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tues.
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
Elements Interiors for Whassup Wednesday
Button
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party Thurs.
Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfolded

41 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Cute, beyond cute. Great post and a darling garden. Oh, how I miss lushness in the garden.

Marsha said...

What a fun post! It is so hot here that my plants are showing signs of the stress even though I water them daily. It's nice to see your cool, calm and beautiful garden.

poppilinnstudios said...

What a cute post! Love your outdoor kitchen!
-Lynn

Pam Kessler said...

Your stove is adorable. Love the Rusty!

Peg said...

All kinds of sweet things in your outdoor kitchen. So many fun things in that yard of yours. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Adorable post. I love all the hanging cuteness you have. Very inspirational - I may just have to do a bit of borrowing - you have great ideas! I have a vintage stove, too - but it's in my kitchen. I like your rusty stove!!!

Maryrose said...

Too cute. Love your outdoor kitchen...it is simply charming.
Maryrose

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Very, very cleaver and so cute! I love what you have done. I hope you have a great day!

Amanda said...

Cutest post of the day! Your writing style is delightful to read and I just adore your garden kitchen! I have been eyeing those neat old stoves on Craigslist...yours is so very charming and I love how you've put it to use! I am your newest follower!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Custom Comforts said...

What a sweet outdoor kitchen and great idea. Your gardens are beautiful. Newest follower.
Cindy

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Jann your garden is beautiful! I love everything about it!
Kelly

very merry vintage style said...

What a beautiful garden vignette you've created! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--!
Mary

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

I really enjoyed touring your outdoor kitchen today! Your stove is darling and you should be real proud of your gardens - they're lovely! I'm your newest follower and I hope you can stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi.'
~Lynn

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I'm loving your outdoor kitchen.The vintage watering cans are lovely.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday

Marsha said...

Hey Jann,
Don't know how to email you...I made the cookies with half milk choc. and half bittersweet the other day (didn't have semi-sweet) wasn't sure how they were going to be but they tasted great!
Glad you liked the recipe.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love your outdoor kitchen. I have become your newest follow. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Light and Voices said...

Agreed. I love your outdoor kitchen too.
Joyce M

It's Just Dottie said...

It is wonderful. You have given me some great ideas.
Dottie

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

Love your outdoor kitchen! Very warm and cozy, everything a good kitchen should be...
I will have whatever is on the Menu!!

All the Best,
Christine

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

YUMMY!! Your beautiful outdoor kitchen is truly one of a kind -- like something from a magazine!! Thanks for your entertaining post!

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,
Your outdoor kitchen is my kind of kitchen! The old stove is wonderful and I love the way you have it decorated. Your garden is wonderful also. I'm not much of a gardner right now so I will just have to live my garden dreams thru you!
Rebecca

Karie said...

What a cute outdoor space. Love the kitchen! The garden is beautiful. Everything looks so cute and pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karie

Debbie@http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

I love your outdoor kitchen, actually all of your outdoor space!

Debbie@http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

Hey I'm 101! Congrats!
Debbie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Jann! This is my kind of outdoor kitchen.. love it ! Your garden is wonderful too. Thanks for joining the Open House party this week and I just became your newest follower.
Hugs,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Found you over at Sherry's blog love your garden and well I'm liking your blog so now2 I am your newest follower.... have a great day..and nice to meet you

Pattie

Diann said...

Oh Jann, I love your outdoor garden! It is so fun and happy and what better feelings can you share in your garden than that! love it! I would love if you linked this post up to my "Thrifty Things Friday" party! I will have the post up in a few hours. Have a wonderful day!

Larry said...

Lots of neat ideas and wonderful plants... I enjoyed visiting! Larry

Amy Chalmers said...

Ha ha Jann! So much fun cookin' in the garden with you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your garden and that sweet old stove is lovely planted with all that beauty! Love the wind chimes also. Such inspiration! h

Fishtail Cottage said...

Everything is so darling in your garden ~ the kitchen out there is too cute! Thanks for sharing at Fishtail Cottage's Garden party this week! xoxo, tracie

Unknown said...

I Love your Kitchen Garden!! I have a 1940-50 Tappen stove that I found(free) it's gonna be a serving/potted piece. I almost had a vintage wringer washer for $35 to put in my 'outdoor laundry room' but had no way to get it home
8o( LOL I'm still waitin for hubby to bring home an old engine so I can plant it up to go near his garage area in the back of the house. Hey I love themed gardens. he don't have to be formal just fun!

Kathy said...

I just love your outdoor kitchen! So very whimsical! Your herb garden looks marvelous! Don't look at mine right now - tons of deadheading needed!
Have a great day,
Kathy

eileen @ CottageBeachHouse said...

Really adorable. and I noticed your shopping cart on the side. that too is awesome! Love your ideas.

Nancy said...

How pretty. I love the whimsy.

Anonymous said...

And outdoor kitchen just full of charm and whimsey....worthy of a magazine cover I'd say. :) Mile of Smiles ~ Lynn

Diann said...

Hi Jann! I just wanted to pop back over to let you know that I will be featuring this post on this weeks Thrifty Things Friday!

very merry vintage style said...

I featured this post over at Share the Love Wednesday today! I love your garden & this sweet stove repurpose.
Mary

Sue said...

What a unique piece for your garden! And to think I was feelin' good using an old coal grate in one of my last garden posts! You have me beat, girl! :-) Sue

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I adore your garden kitchen!!
So cute and whimsical!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tea in the Library said...

Cutest post ever! Loved the pictures.

Instagram