My One Weakness!

Hello my friends,

Today I have a confession to make. . .I love French Pastries!

Pastries

In the famous words of Dorkus Lane, (from the BBC series,  Larkrise to Candleford)…It’s my one weakness!  If you’ve seen the show you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.  If not, I suggest you watch it.  It truly is a charming little series.

It’s  not the decadent chocolate ones that tempt me so. . .but the white flaky & caramel ones.

Good thing I don’t have one very often.

I decided that I would give in to my temptation and decorate my family room mantle like a French Patisserie.  I found this cute tray at T.J. Maxx for $5.99.

IMG_9747

I’m happy to say-It’s now open for business!

IMG_9751

This is the culprit that started the whole idea of a French Boulangerie (bakery).  I bought it last summer on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $7.99.  It was originally marked $39.99.

IMG_9748

I had plenty of faux sweets to add to the display.  They are the best kind.  Pretty, but non fattening.

I placed a little metal heart pick to dance in front of it.

IMG_9765

Plates have been gathered and are ready to be filled.

IMG_9755

I love my found vintage spice jars.  The perfect shade of pink!

IMG_9750

IMG_9749

I made the cupcake & doily garland last year after seeing one in a local shop.

IMG_9763

A mini crystal chandelier adds to the French charm.

IMG_9764

The sweet treats are priced right.  I bought the French display frame from Décor Steals.

When I told my sister, Jeanne that I was going to make little signs she said, “Well, then you had better have some of them”(meaning the goodies).  I think she may have been born with the same weakness. Hee-hee!

Looks like I am going to have to make a ‘SOLD OUT” sign to put up whenever she comes to visit. lol!

IMG_9753

IMG_9757

More sweets on the hearth.  I bought the cute jar at target for half price, $12.00.  It’s filled with white, milk, and dark chocolate.

IMG_9758

Some of my vintage tagged items were placed in a new vignette.

IMG_9760

IMG_9761

How about you, do you have a weakness for French Pastries?  If so, come on by.  We’re open for business.  Let’s just hope they won’t all be sold out!

Bonjour!

Jann

p.s. I want to thank Debra from Common Ground for featuring my Visual Interest post!  I truly appreciate it!

I will be sharing with:

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

What About Co. for Show Off Friday

Bernideens Tea for Open House

Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

Made in a Day for Made U Look

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

The Rose Garden in Malevik for Saturday Show Off

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

51 comments

Unknown said...

This is so fun and yummy looking-I go for the caramel also. I might just have to go and hunt some up right now! LOL

Old Time Cindy said...

Love the different patterns on your plates. And of course, I like your cake tin. LOL! Don't eat too many pastries.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pam said...

Such tempting pastries. I wish you were right next door to help me with my mantle. Love all your "tres jolie" decor! XoXo Pam

Salmagundi said...

Loved the whole post, but I am really enamored with those pink-lidded spice jars. Do you think they are from the 50s? Pink was popular in kitchens then. Have a great weekend. Sally

Susie said...

Jann, I am loving the mantle. All the cute things, wow. I could not look at that very long.LOL. I am doing no sugar, so it would make me crazy for something sweet.Have agreat weekend. xoxox,Susie

Bernideen said...

I hope you will post this on "Open House" Jan!

Bernideen said...

That garland is so darling!

Nicole said...

Those pictures are great! I just had to pin a few!

Beth said...

Your mantel looks fabulous, Jan!

Jenn said...

Oh wow do I ever love your cupcake garland! That is so stinkin' cute!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

What a unique idea ! I love it. You carried it out beautifully!

Unknown said...

What a sweet decor! Yummy!!! Happy Pink Saturday

Charo

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love it. The red and white dishes in the wire rack are perfect with the bakery signs.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Love all your pretty French finds! I am running to our TJ Maxx to see if they might have that darling tray!
Your mantle is beautiful with your pink plates in that darling wire rack and your salt and peppers adorable!
Hve a wonderful weekend!
♥ Jil

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I spent a glorious month travelling France and literally ate my way through the country stopping at every "patisserie" we found, haha.

YES, ma'am, they are what makes life worth living! Mai, oui!

Sandy said...

Dorkus Lane is one serious woman and I'm
a big fan of that program. We lost it on PBS
and from what I read the show was cancelled..
so sad!
Love your post.
sandy

Kris said...

So sweet! I have a weakness for any and all things sweet!!!
xo Kris

Kris said...

So sweet! I have a weakness for any and all things sweet!!!
xo Kris

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your plates...gorgeous. I did a valentine garland with paper heart doilies this year. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

The French Hutch said...

HI Jann, What a cut idea! I love the French Patisserie tray, just so sweet! Yes, I share the same passion too. It's good we are not neighbors or we would be having a lot of coffee and pastries during the cold weather! The plates also gorgeous, love the color. I forgot to mention the darling garland, love it..........
Happy weekend.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Peg said...

Such an adorable post. Loved everything! I think I am craving me an eclair. If you are sold out I may have to dash over to Kneaders.

Sandy Ang said...

how totally enchanting ! just love your cupcake liner banner

Sarah said...

Of course I share the passion! I'll have a coffee eclair.
Merci!

Anne said...

Hi, Jann! Ummm!!I've come to your delightful blog from Beverly's Pink Saturday ~ Now following you, my Dear!
Hugs,
Anne

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Jann, I love this post and your Patisserie mantle! So pretty and unique, it's wonderful. Oh, think I'm gonna steal your doily cupcake idea, so cute.

Just one weakness? Good for you Jann! :) Pam

Christina Paul said...

What a charming theme! Love the mantle and the red and white plates! I'm afraid I have the same weakness and seeing your delightful photos is sending me to the fridge where sadly there only is salad and yogurt and tastycakes- a poor substitute :( - Just joined your site from Pink Saturday-Merci for the fun ideas

Jocelyne said...

What a fun way to decorate for valentine's day! I too have a sweet tooth for "pâtisseries françaises" Yum! Thank you for the invitation, I would love to come to your "party" sometime and for following me ~ it means a lot! Jocelyne

Rose Garden Malevik said...

woow...this is great :)
I just SMILE :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Love this!!
Oh so scrumptious! Your red & white plates are beautiful gathered all together. The cupcake garland is so sweet too!! Have a great weekend...
All the Best,
Christine

ShabbyESP said...

I love all your "French Pastries" such a wonderful collection...and I love the cupcake paper banner
Happy Pink Saturday!!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Dru said...

Love this beautiful sweet vintage post! So pretty for Valentine's Day - I haven't even started decorating :-( better get to it! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirations. Happy Pink Saturday to you, Dru

Chubskulit Rose said...

Who wouldn't? They Look delicious!

Hopping from Pink Saturday.
Here's MINE, your comment is always appreciated.

Olivia said...

Oh my goodness this is just so adorable! I love it!!!! xoxo
Olivia

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I see you're right ... we do share a weakness for French pastries. Love those pretty plates!

The Tablescaper said...

What a great mantel! So creative and yummy!

- The Tablescaper

Maria Elena said...

Oooh, I love those pastries also! The flaky ones are my weakness! :) When I went to Spain last summer, my father and I would go for a walk every morning and stop at the bakery on the way home to buy a little tray of these freshly made pastries. I get my sweet tooth from him.I don't have to tell you my clothes were a little tight when I got back home. LOL Your mantle looks gorgeous! What a beautiful and fun idea!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Yum! I do have a weakness for pastries too! We have a restaurant that serves one called The Napoleon and it looks just like the one on the bottom right of your first photo. You can believe I've tried it! Your mantel decorations are charming and the garland is adorable :-)

Tina´s PicStory said...

so beautiful! the first pic includes one of my favorites :) right down corner :)

Audrey said...

Looks yummy. Most loved is the gathering of red plates. I am trying to add to my collection. Thanks for visiting Timeless treasures.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Look at all of your 'sweet' things! I just love that garland...wonder if I could figure out how to make one. I had meant to take time to make something fun today...but went back to the Park to take pics of flowers! lol Sweet hugs!

Susanne said...

Well, this post is just filled with sweetness. I quite covet that collection of pretty pink plates, I have one like that yours that is front and center. Thanks for sharing visually if not actually all that sweetness.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love all your great finds! Perfect for Valentine's Day! Blessings, Tammy

Rose L said...

You do such cute things. If I am ever in Alpine, Utah I will have to stop and see your place!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Oh my God, that is adorable and so so original! I love it. Clever! Now, I am hungry for all my favorite French pastries and I am very curious about that BBC show! I bet I'd love it!!
Karen

Diann said...

This is all so sweet (pun intended! LOL). I love all your fun pastry items! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Jann! Your not helping my no sugar diet! It's my one weakness. . .lol
Hugs,
Dru

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

You fit a lot onto that mantel. Looks good enough to keep you busy with company day in and day out. I'd be glad to stop by. I love pastries!
Liz

The Charm of Home said...

Great theme for a mantel! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Everything looks fantastic! I'm in love with your French Pastries, the mantel is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

Jody

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Jann, Congrats! You've been featured at Simple & Sweet Fridays for your French Themed Mantel! Love it! Don't forget to grab a button. Have a great weekend!

Jody

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Love your French themed mantel Jann. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday. You are featured today.

Instagram