Primitives, Pumpkins, and Junk. . .

Hello, hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

We took a trip South to Huntington for a surprise ‘75th’ birthday party for my sister.  So much fun to chat with family!

This morning I was thinking about all of the ‘bling’ that is so popular now days.  And although I love it, I still have a fondness for primitives.

See, even my holiday décor is eclectic.  A mixture of styles.

I have pulled a small amount of primitives together here in our basement family room.  A few primitives mixed in with a bit of junk.

IMG_2446

Sitting atop my incubator I have a trio of vintage suitcases.

Inside one I placed an old Clorox bottle, a wooden bowl with etched stars and a cute kids Halloween book.  A rusty rack of some kind holds a couple of Halloween graphics.  More rust is added with the fireplace shovel and the splatter utensil.  Must confess, the shovel is there to hide a t.v. outlet. lol!

IMG_2453

It’s so fun to read about the adventures of ‘The Jack-o-lantern Twins”.

IMG_2451

A smaller Clorox bottle holds a branch to pull your eyes up to my primitive ‘October’ stitching.

IMG_2452

A few more brown bottles sit on the cabinet with two wooden spools.

IMG_2448

I found this old key amongst my sisters items I was selling for her at our vintage sale.  Loved the case and the patina on the key.

IMG_2449

Another brown bottle sits inside a rusty tin.

IMG_2450

I have had this primitive pumpkin head doll for years.  I thought she was perfect for this vignette!  Notice the little brown insulator on top of one of my spools?

IMG_2447

IMG_2446

In the window sill I have a funny ‘primitive’ cat hanging from an old shutter.  I bought him in CO 6 or so years ago.  I thought he was so funny that it made him cute!  A white and black (spray painted) pumpkin sit atop a rusty metal tray.

As you can see, I don’t have curtains yet.  Still trying to decide what I want to do.  I did buy the chair at Pier 1.  Threw a gold pillow in it for Fall.  The light fixture turned candle holder I bought from Tracie at Fishtail Cottage,

IMG_2445

Sitting next to them are a couple of fun radios.

IMG_2444

The other window sill holds pumpkins in a ‘primitive’ carved wooden black bowl. 

IMG_2457

IMG_2456

There you have it, Primitives,Pumpkins, and Junk!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun blogs:

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures

The Scoop

Knick of Time Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

We Call it Junkin for Call it Olde Party

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Junkers United

33 comments

Mecky said...

It all looks GREAT!!!

That white radio is so cool. I have never seen one like it.

diane said...

Awesome primitive display!!!
I think I have a serious crush on that white vintage radio!!!!
Oh my!!!
:-D

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love primitives, too and have fun mixing things up. Love your pumpkin head doll. I have one, too. Enjoy Fall decorating!

Kris said...

I love it all Jann!!
xo Kris

Donna Wilkes said...

I am a rusty, crusty prim myself so I love your fall vignette. I mix primitives with just about anything. It adds character!

Pamela Gordon said...

I like the look of some primitives especially in the fall. They seem to go hand in hand with the season don't they. You have a nice display, Jann. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful, Jann! Ohhh how I love your vintage suitcases!

Salmagundi said...

Love the new chair, and I'm really attracted to the incubator - love farm stuff! You put everything together so well - a real talent. Sally

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...love your pumpkins and primitives. Great Fall display in your basement family room.
I still have a few primitives things and I added some bling to mine. I love the mix of the old and bling together. Hope to post about it here shortly, but I've been having some problems downloading the photos.
hugs,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hello Jann. This is my first visit to your blog. I found you through Stephanie's. I love all your prim decor. The colors are so warm and perfect for Autumn.

priscilla said...

Great decorations ,Jann ! Love your new chair !

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
I love it all. You are the halloween queen of vignettes. I love that white vintage radio I think that needs to come to my house!!!!! Very cute all of it.
Kris

Bernideen said...

Looks very fun Jan - I love a house that isn't all serious!

Sarah said...

Give me time worn pieces over bling any day. Your vignettes are adorable.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm really liking simple, everyday items in seasonal displays right now and you have put together a wonderful one!

retrorevival.biz said...

Love all of your decorations, Jann! So warm and inviting:)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is all adorable! :) My mom doesn't call this prim ; it's country to her! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love all your fabulous primitives and this is just the cutest vignette. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Joanne said...

Oh I just love the color of those bottles! Everything you put together comes out great...I love it here!
Blessings, Joanne

Jillybarb said...

How sweet. I love it all. My favorite part was using the shovel to hide the outlet cover. Outlet covers drive me crazy, they are the bane of my decorative existence! I am always trying to find creative ways of covering them up. Maybe you should do a post on it. I would love to get more ideas. My husband is an electrician so we have them everywhere.

Cynthia said...

I adore your primitive look Jann. I really like the bottles and the luggage with the pumpkin person next to it.

Cynthia

Tea in the Library said...

My problem is I like everything! I love how 'unfussy' primitive looks even when the vignette is composed of many elements,as is yours. I'm always inspired by how well you pull everything together.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such a great collection and you have displayed them all so well...always love seeing a great stack of luggage!

Unknown said...

I've always loved primitives, but I can't really use them much here. Thanks for sharing--love the display!

Dee :)

ThrifterSisters said...

I love primitives too! I love how they can provide such an amazing vintage farmhouse look. That trio of suitcases is to die for. I have been working on getting a stack put together for a while and found my second one at an estate sale last weekend. One more to go! I am also loving that sweet Halloween book. Oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE IT ALL!!

~Erica

Rose L said...

I have never seen an incubator before!! Cool! Could you fill it with decorated eggs for Easter?

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Those suitcases and old radios are wonderful and make a lovely display.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Jann, thanks so much for sharing this at my We Call It Olde party, it's perfect! I love your whole suitcase display, the incubator made me say Ohhh... it's fantastic. I wish I had deep window sills like that, what a great place to display all your lovely finds and pumpkins! You really have a great eye. Thanks again - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I like that old book you added to your vignette so much. It has the perfect colour, the perfect title.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Seems everyone likes your white radio, Jann, including me. Old suitcases always catch my eye too. I also like your pretty chair from Pier 1. Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tina said...

I love your vignette . . . and that white radio is to die for!!

Kathy said...

I love Primitives too and you have an amazing collection! I will be featuring your post in Home and Garden Thursday - I do appreciate you sharing,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

Great vignettes! Love Halloween!
Sherry

Instagram