Fill the Bottle. . .

Hi my friends,
I have always been a 'party' girl.
Not one that spent the night out on the town, but one that enjoyed hosting parties at my home.
 
When I was a teen I often held 'boy-girl parties'.  My mom was always gracious and opened up our home to my friends.
 
A game that was a big hit was 'Spin the Bottle'.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.
 
Yesterday as I was vacuuming I couldn't help but notice how many bottles I had out on display.
I decided to put a little twist on the game and play,
"fill the bottle".
 
Out into the garden I went with clippers in hand.
 
 
A blossom plucked from a Petunia and a Canna hi-lighted the color of the watermelon in the vintage flash card.
 

 
I love the fun summer time images.  If you haven't indulged in at least one of these this summer, you are missing out!
 
 
I had 5 empty ball jars reflecting in front of my newly found etched mirror, a $15 score.  I decided to fill them with roses.

 
This climbing rose reminds me of a Gardenia blossom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had some of my smaller aqua bottles under the chicken wire cloche I made last year.
Hydrangeas were perfect for this vignette.
 
 
 
In the living room small Zinnias found their way under my bell cloche.
 
 


 
I love my sweet fairy spoolie made by my new friend, Joanne.
 
Of course I had to use some of the bounty of sunflowers and black Eyed Susan's that I have in my garden.
 
My collection of brown bottles was the perfect choice.
 


 
I was having so much fun playing, 'fill the bottle' that I decided I needed to head into the bedroom where I have a cluster of navy blue bottles.
 
 
I chose assorted white blooms.  Daisies, Phlox, Feverfew, and Garlic chives and then threw in a couple of blue; Mountain Bluet and Morning Glory.
 

When I was through, I looked around and there were flowers from the garden everywhere I glanced.
 
A little busy, but fun for a few days.
and
they certainly brought a smile to my face!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 

 
 

33 comments

Joy Junktion said...

Wow Jann, you certainly have a bounty of flowers to choose from, what a special treat! I have a few tiny Vinca left in the front but the scorching heat has killed every flower I had this year! I love all of your bottle collections as well! What fun you have had! Blessings, Cindy

The Charm of Home said...

Thanks for hosting! Love that back road cabinet find!! Gorgeous!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann, your flowers are so lovely. Mine are terrible, the roses look like miniature ones and have lots of brown spots on them. I have lost two rose bushes and the flowers in my pots are all dying. I am going to dump them in the trash and not have any planters around until we get some rain.
Love all your pretty bottles and vases with your stunning flowers. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. All us California gardeners are crying over all our used to be pretty gardens drying up.
Have a terrific weekend.
Hugs,'
Mary

20 North Ora said...

Your flowers are just beautiful! Most of mine are burned up from the intense heat we've had in such a short time.

Your bottles all look so pretty with their gorgeous flowers.

Judy

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning Jan!!
How are you my Dear? I loved this post and all your arrangements of bottles with the flowers. I enjoyed seeing your inspirations and nature's blessing each jar and bottle. I do hope you have had a great summer! Thinking of you!
I have worked on our home all summer, so I have missed many fun things and your link party also... So sorry about that!
Have a great weekend! Hugs, Roxy

Linda W. said...

I love how you've filled your bottles with such lovely flowers!

Dana said...

I love the way you've arranged all of your bottles; they're clustered artfully. I think the flowers are beautiful, but my favorite is the roses. I am not good with roses because I abhor black spot and avoid chemicals. So I need antique varieties I think that are less vulnerable. Anyway, your collection of bottles is amazing and the lighter blue is like sea glass! Hugs, Dana

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a charming idea! Displays your collection and brightens the room with flowers!

Rose L said...

LOVE all your turquoise bottles, especially the first 2 tiny ones!!!!

camp and cottage living said...

Wonderful you have so many bottles to display your flowers in, Jann.
They are all so beautiful! And the summer bunting is adorable too.

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

So sweet, Jann! You chose the perfect flowers for each bottle. I can tell you had fun! Small moments that will remind you of a lovely summer day!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What beautiful vignettes you created! I love the variety of bottles you have displayed and the variety of flowers you brought in to enjoy! Just lovely!

Donna Wilkes said...

Great idea - so many delightful vignettes, it is hard to pick a favorite. Love the wire cloche and also the cobalt blue.

BusyBee Emily said...

Perfectly delightful!!! What a great collection of blossoms. So fun! I love displaying fresh flowers all around my house too! Your collections make me happy!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Jann, I love all your blue bottles! My favorite color!! And the zinnias with the blue look amazing! So pretty.
Such a pretty way to enjoy your garden by bringing some of it inside to enjoy!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Kimberley www.seasideave.com

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I really enjoyed looking at your flower vignettes. Your flowers are so gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Jo

Oliva Ohlson said...

You have a great collection of bottles! I love the vignette of blue jars under the big bell cloche...and your chicken wire cloche is to die for!!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your pretty flowers and all the sweet bottles you have them in. Have a great week end Jann.
Kris

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

Oh, how we love to fill our pretty bottles, jars or anything we can find with flowers from our gardens! It makes me smile and oh so Beautiful!!

Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

Very clever and such a pretty idea. These lowers in the bottles are all charming and I absolutely LOVE them all!!

The Country Nest said...

Simply beautiful flowers!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So pretty!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Art and Sand said...

Oh, Jann - I love all of your bottles.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You have gorgeous flowers in every color imaginable, Jann! Your roses are so lovely, and morning glories are one of my favorites. Fun post from a fun loving girl!

Sandra said...

What fun filling all your favorite bottle collections. I love the navy blue bottles. But all your collections are nice. Also nice is all your beautiful flowers!

Stacey said...

I just love that your bottles reminded you of boy-girl parties and Spin the Bottle. :) I'm right there with you!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a fun idea! They look very pretty.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your flowers in the blue jars!! As you know...I love blue jars!!
hugs,
~Cindy

Fran. said...

Just love Gods beauty in your bottles!! I especially love the flowers in your cobalt blue bottles!! I have been wanting to get a white plohx(sp) so bad this year! They are so pretty!! XOXO Love Fran.

Mimi said...

What a joy to have the garden from which to choose such pretties! I adore your collection of bottles too. They look so pretty massed together like that. Love, Mimi xxx

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love your beautiful old jars and bottles! Gorgeous vignettes and vases. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party. I can't resist featuring on my FB page. Love them!!!

quakerhillfarm said...

Oh MY! You have used my FAVORITE colors! Beautiful pics! Lynn

Stephanie said...

Ahhh, such beauty, my friend! This post put a song in my heart and a smile on my face :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

Instagram