New Found Treasures

Well my friends, I must admit that I don't need a darn thing!
but
what's need got to do with it? lol!
Treasure hunting is just so much fun.  I try not to go too often, but when I do I find that I bring home quite a few goodies.
 
I have a fruit and veggie theme going on in my kitchen for the month of Aug.
I was excited when I spied this little pitcher for 75 cents.  There were two of them, but I only bought one.  I do have some will power.  Hee-hee!
 
 
This cup was $1 and the saucer came in a stack of assorted small plates taped together for an additional $1.  Our local thrift does not put cups and saucers together so you have to do a bit of searching.
It's a fun game seeing if you can find a mate.
 
The design is English Harvest and is made in England.
 
 
The harvest is exactly what I think of this time of year.  I've picked cabbages, peppers, and onions, but it wasn't until last weekend that I picked my first tomato.  Usually I pick one by July 4th.
 

 
A green transferware saucer and onion timer.
 
Driving home with my friend, Joanne; the timer went off.  It gave us a good laugh!


 
I picked up the bread pan a while ago.  I love it when collections are both useful and have a fun theme!

 
These are not old, but I have such a weakness for dotty dishes!  I will use them for Fall and Halloween.  Thought they'd be great for making individual pastas for the hubs and I.
 
 
I love anything Beatrix Potter and I have a small collection.  $1 for both pieces.  I thought that the pot would make a cute vignette this coming Spring.
 

 
I picked up the large wheat glass for 50 cents thinking it matched my collection.  It is different, but that's o.k.



I love these tulip juice glasses!  They're red, need I say more?  :)




I can never pass up doilies.  do you think the little one with the blue bow is a baby bib?  I hung it on the clothesline in the playhouse under the stairs.

 
I love old fashioned paperware!

 
Pretty enamel bowl.  Again, not old, just cute.
 
 
I'm going to turn this light shade over and make a bird feeder.

 
The blue cherry bowls were scored for $1 for all three.  Two have a small chip and one is cracked.  Actually, the one was fine when I got them.  The bagger sat the sack down hard and I heard something crack, but didn't say anything.  Darn, of course it was the one good bowl.
 
As I looked at this collage I realized that everything in it other than the set of small dotty bowls was picked up at thrift shops.
 
All of the blue checkered pieces were found one at a time.  Love when that happens!
 
 
How sweet is this little nursery rhyme cup and saucer?  I especially love Mary and her lamb. I have plans to use it in a back to school vignette.
 
 
Some of my finds were picked up by my friend first.  She handed them over to me.  Obviously she has better will power than I do.  Her excuse was, I don't do vignettes.  Like that would stop me!  lol!
 
I also found a fun picnic table, but I'll show it in a later post after I give it a make over.
 
Have you found anything fun lately?
 
hugs,
Jann

This post was chosen as one of the weekly features at
 Eclectic Shorebird.  Thank you Susan!

I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Bella Rosa Antiques for Let's Talk Vintage
Vintage Inspiration Party

 

28 comments

Suburban Girl said...

Whenever I come home with a found treasure my husband says, I thought we were supposed to be downsizing. He doesn't get it.

Melissa said...

Lots of fun finds, Jann! You sure know how to mix different dishes to make them all work together.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I have a weakness for vintage paper goods, too! Love them! All of your finds are fun and oh so charming! Thanks for sharing them all with "Let's Talk Vintage!" today.
Have a great week... see you for Share Your Cup Thursday!
~Jill

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Great finds Jann.....I would have arm wrestled for the Beatrix Potter dishes....lol!

Linda said...

Gorgeous finds here! I love all the things in your photos. :)

Salmagundi said...

What a haul!!! Great stuff. Sally

Rita C at Panoply said...

What fun themes you have for the coming months, Jann, and the perfect finds. Which came first, the finds or the themes, lol? The onion timer going off - that's a hoot. Looking forward to your vignettes. I've found a couple things recently, too, and thinking toward fall already, but in no hurry. :)
Rita

Junkchiccottage said...

Great treasures found Jann. You always find the cutest stuff. Love the Beatrix Potter dishes they are so cute. Have a great week.
Kris

Donna Wilkes said...

Let's just say there is treasure lurking around every corner. You cannot escape it! Love the baby bib and the Beatrix Potter items.

Jacqueline said...

Such fun treasures! I adore the little blue bib! Perfect for the play room, you are too clever!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

What treasures! I especially like your dotty dishes!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You sure found such cute things, Jann! No, we don't need things, but they're hard to pass up when they're such bargains!! You'll lovingly make them a good home, too.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Tulip glasses ... my favorite.

Mary nn Potter said...

An impressive haul! Treasures for sure. The Lord delights in blessing His people with the things they love!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I wish I had your energy to change things up as often as you do, Jann! Of course the yellow dotted casseroles/bowls appeal to me. Lots of fun items you've found!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, you have me drooling over some of your eye candy finds! Love it. Who says WE NEED anything right? I just WANT it sometimes! You really aced some good deals...and as I tell my man...I might need it! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love all your wonderful thrifted treasures, especially the onion timer and the glass for making a bird feeder. If I limited my purchases to things I needed, I'd never buy anything, lol. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Dana Bishop said...

I like it all because you use all your treasures creatively. I have to laugh about the timer going off. Thank you for brightening my morning Jann.

Dotty dishes are fun regardless of their age.
Great find!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

You found a lot of lovely things while thrifting. I went yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Hands down You make the BEST vignettes! I'm amazed at all you picked up and I got more of a thrill looking at your goodies than I would if I had bought them myself. I wish I could show my haul but mine is under wraps until the next party. It was a GOOD day! I'm still thinking about that baby cup and saucer though.

20 North Ora said...

Jann - You have some fabulous finds! How can anyone go into a thrift store and walk out empty handed? I don't understand them. LOL

Judy

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh I like Beatrice Potter also and have watched the movie about her life, which was so well done.

I like the dollies you bought also
There is nothing like a bargain

Rose L said...

I find myself constantly saying "I don't need this" when I find items I like. It works sometimes. My parents used to have glasses just like the wheat ones! Long gone now.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Great finds Jann! When I was first married I had a whole set of the harvest set. I got it at Albertson's a little at a time. So fun to see it. So glad to hear that you haven't given up on collecting. I was pretty worried when you said "I just don't need a thing"! lol Layering, that how you do it. lol Hugs, Jo

Unknown said...

Jann, I just love when you treasure hunting. And the best part . . . these items always find such a special place in your home and heart. I guess that's why they're treasures.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

All of your treasures are just so sweet! I love that you do vignettes for every month! Back to school? Can't wait to see that one. I have found nothing lately and I am discouraged.....we are on vacation in Mass. and there is absolutely NO good pickin' here! Can't wait to get home to NY where the pickin' is good!

cynthia lee designs said...

Great finds, Jann. I'm going to the Endless Yardsale tomorrow. Do I need anything...nope, but I'm sure that I will bring a few things home with me. LOL...
hugs,
Cindy

lynn cockrell said...

All of your new treasures a just adorable, Jann! You always seem to find the cutest things at great prices. I love everything you found!

Instagram