Red and Green. . .not just for Christmas!

Hello my friends.
Have you ever noticed how certain colors evoke thoughts or images into our minds.  For example we often think of pink when we talk of baby girls and blue for baby boys.
If I was to say, "what do you think of when I mention  "red and green"  I'm sure most of you (if not all),  would say Christmas.
 
Last week while visiting Vickie from Ranger 911 she made the statement that green and red are not just reserved for Christmas.
after
looking around my home, I would definitely have to agree!

 
 
I have quite a bit of green and red décor going on right now in my kitchen/family room area.
 
 
(everything in this tiered tray, except the checkered and watermelon shakers and watermelon bowls were thrift or flea finds)
 
It's the perfect color combo for summer! 
 
 The red represents the sizzle of summer and the green reminds me of the cool green grass.
 
I just found the red juicer at Fleaology for $12.  I had never seen a red one before.
 

Hubby and I use the corn holders.  Perfect for a summer picnic!  


Let's take a look at the back side.  I had to add the cute hamburger towel made by my sweet cousin, Betty.  I wonder how many hamburgers are assumed during the summer months?
 

 

 
 
 
I love the mixture of the red and green checkered plates!

 
Vintage aprons are joined by red and green bottles.
 


 
 
I even have a touch of red and green in the entry.
 
 
 
I don't know about you, but all of this red and green kind of makes me want to say, "Merry Christmas".  lol!
 
Instead, I'll wish you a very wonderful summer.
Enjoy it while it lasts!
hugs,
Jann
 
 
 
 
 
 

23 comments

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

I think everything on your house needs to wrap in a great big box and ship to my house because it is so adorable.

I love anything watermelon.


Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy

Art and Sand said...

red ... green ... watermelon ... perfect!

I love the 3 tiered tray.

Mary Ann Potterf said...

Love your red and green goodies! I too use this color combination. At Christmas, in fact, I am more likely to use natural tones like browns and golds and ivories.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Cuteness everywhere! I LOVE your red juicer! Keeping my eye out for one!!! xoxo

Susie said...

Jann, All your red and green things together are so pretty. I love the salt/pepper shakers. It all says "summer". Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Sandi Magle said...

Love your red and green. I once had a Picnic Christmas Tree in July, with watermelons, vegetables, bees and ants. Too much fun.
Really love the three tiered tray~~I want one!

Sarah said...

Jan, this is definitely summer delightful! I love the watermelon motif. When I taught first grade, the last week of school was Watermelon Week. By then all text books had to have been turned in the previous week, so I created a unit of study around watermelons for the entire week. It was great fun. The last day of school we had a party outside, of course eating watermelon, then we had a seed spitting contest.
I had all sorts of watermelon trinkets that came to me over the years. I recently gave most of them away when I did the purge this spring. Wish I had known. I would have packed them up and sent them your way. Your display is mouthwatering good!

J said...

I love your house and the classy coziness of it. All of your vintage finds look right at home with you. (I've seen some other blog homes that look like gift shops! um, not to be catty or anything!)
Watermelons for summer have always been a favorite of mine too. The green and red is such a crisp combination! Your tiered tin display basket set is perfect for every season!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Perfect summer colors! Cute display!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Very cute!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, Jann! I guess red and green really does mean summer!
So many cute displays at your house! LOVE all the watermelon pieces.
Enjoy.
Debbie
xo

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great minds think alike, right? Love all your fun reds and greens that you've thrifted, Jann! Merry Summer!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Jann. First, thanks so much for taking the time to acknowledge my post at your party last week. That's really nice of you; I'm sure it's very time consuming to do that. I love your non-Christmas red-and-green decor--I'd be one to say that color mix is for Christmas, but you surely proved me wrong! So pretty and fresh and summery! Thanks! ~Zuni

Winnie said...

Everything looks sooooo cute! The watermelon bowl is definitely my favorite :)

Trace4J said...

Adorable..
Love
Woolie Hugs

Halle said...

Love it...esp the tiered trays! What a neat shape! Those corn holders are really cool as well. I'll have to keep my eye out for those at thrift stores.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Yay- save the green and red! Lol... I used to have a big ceramic strawberry shaped cookie jar that I got rid of. Wish I still had it! You are so right though we tend to be afraid to mis these colors thinking its reserved for Christmas. Seeing your cute display makes me want to do the same!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What cute displays of red and green. Very summery! But I bet you can find a way to use them in your Christmas decorating too!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your tier tray...I have one, but mine is a round one. Love the red and green for Summer.
~Cindy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love your summery vignettes and displays, Jann!

Kim said...

Your red and green screams summer!! I love it!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

You amaze me once again my friend. Love, love, love the vignettes. Hugs, Jo

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thank you for hosting Mrs. Olson! Love your features, there's lots of great links today. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Jo

Instagram