A Day at the Beach Tablescape

Hello my friends,
we recently returned home from vacationing in CA.  This morning I was reminiscing about our 'day at the beach' and decided to create a tablescape with it in mind.
 

 
When we arrived we saw that many of our fine feathered friends were enjoying a stroll along the beach just as much as we were.
 
 
 
 
I draped a tan grain sack striped runner down the center of the table.  My take on the warm welcoming sand.
 

 
We could hardly wait to dip our toes in the ocean and cover them with sand!
 
 
Some even got buried in sand.
 
 
 
I used my red wooden chargers, a cream with a red striped plate, and a shell shaped salad plate.  I topped the trio off with a real seashell and a knotted striped napkin with a bit of rope added.  Tied in a square knot, of course.
 
I wish I could say that the shells were found at the beach, but no; they were found at a thrift shop.  :)  Originally from a beach,
I'm sure.

 
I bought this polka dotted silverware last year on clearance at Ross.  I had forgotten about it and hadn't used it yet.  I thought it added a fun touch.

 
We lounged and played with bubbles,

 
Dished up buckets of sand, and

 
drug treasures from the sea.
 


I sprinkled sea glass along the runner and added a few nautical themed items to the table.
 

 

 
I bought the crab festival bucket at Hobby Lobby a few years ago.  I just thought it was too cute!
 
 
I didn't end up doing this, because I only had one nautical themed beach towel.  But I thought it would be a fun idea if you had enough to drape all of your chairs.
 
 
What a fabulous day we had!  So much so, that we spent the entire day at the beach.
 
When Utah first met California, they ran like little sissy's.  :)
 
 
 
But it didn't take long before they embraced the coolness
 of the ocean!
 

 
At the end of the day hubby and I topped it off with Huntington Beaches famous fish tacos from Wahoo.
 
 
Oh, isn't life a beach?
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 
 

22 comments

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach! Love the details of the tablescape, Jann. Cute as can be!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Enjoyed taking the beach day with you. I miss the beach, but my skin is too sensitive to spend more than just a little time in the hot sun so I haven't been for a really long time.

Kim said...

The beach and a bit of red on that table? It's the perfect post, Jann!! Looks like a great day with the kids!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This is a lovely tablescape, one my heart loves of course. And I'm sure it's all the more special to you as it reminds ou of sweet memories.

Betty said...

I so envy you going to the beach. The weather has been so hot and humid here. I adore those dotted silverware.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Your tablescapes are always so much fun! All my dishes are Fiesta...can't change things around as much. =D

quakerhillfarm said...

Looks like you had loads of fun! The beach tablescape is a great way to remember the great memories and fun you shared. Have a great week.

camp and cottage living said...

I like your sea side table scape, Jann!
It looks like the whole family had a great time at the beach. The little ones are so cute!

Summer said...

Beautiful tablescape and photos ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

I love the way you intertwined the photos of your family at the beach with your tablescape. It looks like a good day at the beach.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a great day and you captured the theme so perfectly on your table. I love your dishes and the new silverware, and I would have grabbed that bucket too! I was recently at the beach too, at Lake Ontario and I had fish tacos for lunch at the Pelican's Nest restaurant. Not the same as the ocean but I got my day by the water.

happyone said...

What a fun day that looks like. : )
Beautiful photos.

Creations By Cindy said...

Dear Jann, what a sweet and fun day you all had together! I love looking at the children having so much fun. Nothing like the beach. Love your darling tablescape. I have the same set of salt/pepper shakers. I used them all summer with my beach theme. Love the way you used the beach towel. Great idea for me to remember. And those fish tacos look wonderful. Making me hungry for one and it's only 9 am! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jeanie said...

It looks like you had a glorious time! I love all those happy faces together. There's nothing like a beach -- I love the water, summer. And it's just a wonderful spot to be. So glad you had such a good time!

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Hi Jann, What a fun post. I used to live on a California beach and this brought back a lot of sweet memories. Glad you got your vacay in before Fall. (You asked for my email. It's peshipley@earthlink.net.) Love the crab bucket!

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Oh the grands are so cute and I had a laugh at the older one who was partially buried !! :)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a fun tablescape, Jann, and a great reminder of all your lovely memories of the beach. I'll be slipping my toesies in the sand in 8 more days (not the I'm counting!!). I loved seeing all the kids having a great time!

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

Jann, thank you for sharing your beachy tablescape at Snickerdoodle.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love California! Your beach photos showed how much fun you all had, and those fish tacos----mmmmm...so good!

cynthia lee designs said...

Looks like you all had a great time in California!!

Trina said...

Absolutely love this beach style tables setting, especially those salt and pepper shakers. Although my favorite part are the family beach photo's, they just warmed my heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm looking for the pattern for the patriotic quilt that was hanging over the stair rail in your June 29, 2011 blog post. I think I have the date right. It popped up on Pintersest when I was doing a search for patriotic quilts. Would like to make it for a friend in the military.

Thank you for your help. It is a really lovely quilt. Please send info to quiltingduck@aol.com. I don't have a google profile.

ML Kaczka

Instagram