Mystery Craft Challenge..

Hi all,
a while ago while thumbing through Instagram I saw that Jenn from
Delightfully Noted  was having a mystery craft challenge on
 her blog.
 

 
Curious me hopped over to see, and before I knew it had
signed up as one of the participants.  :)
 

 

She sent all (13 gals) the same wooden laser cut frame with a cute filigree edge.

 
 
 
 
 
I failed to get a picture of it before I started using it so I took this from her blog.
 
The winner of this challenge will receive all kind of
 wonderful Prizes
 
The very day my package arrived in the mail I had picked up a small wooden slice at a thrift shop for $.75 cents.
 
Immediately the thought of creating a 'fall forest' popped
 into my head.
 
I got busy creating because I knew I was going to be gone on a vacation to CA for a week.
 
 
I sewed a little wool skirt, painted the center of the wooden frame black, drilled a hole in the wood slice and added a branch, moss, and some paper flowers, and made some sculpey clay pumpkins.
 


After baking I painted the pumpkins and gave them wire twining's and bead leaves.  Last of all I gave them a sparkle of glitter.  My take of 'frost on the pumpkins'.
 
 

 
A couple of bleached, dyed, and glittered bottle brush trees and my 'fall forest' was complete and ready to be added to the base.

 
 
But it needed a little babe to wander in it.  (wink)
 
Yes, that's who the skirt was for.  A few days after I made my forest I found this sweet (naked) cupie doll at another thrift.  I knew she was the perfect addition to my 'fall forest'.
 
 
I dressed her and made her a fall banner to celebrate the season.  A flower garland graces her head.  I didn't want to hide that cute hair with a hat.

 
I sat the little scene on a plate and placed it on top of a black cake stand.  An estate sale treasure.


 
 
Oh it's just a silly little whimsical thing, but I had fun creating it and it makes me smile.  Now I am asking you , (my friends) to hop over to Delightfully Noted and vote for me.  That is if you like what I came up with.  Yup, that's how the winner of this challenge is chosen.  The voting begins on Thursday.
 
Voting is live now and I'd love if you'd throw a vote my way!  Here is a direct link:  http://bit.ly/VoteCraftChalnge
 
I'd love it if you would throw a vote my way!
 
And a big thanks to Jenn for putting this together!!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 

23 comments

decorayadora said...

Hi dear friend ,, que bonitas fotos ,, su casa siempre es un agrado visitarla ,, espero que tengas un bello día
Cariños

Stacey said...

You know how I would love to sit around and craft with you...or your crafting group. Of course, I'd have to copy every move y'all make but it would be fun. :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Adorbs! Headin' over to vote! Have a wonderful and blessed day, Jann!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Jann, that is so stinkin' adorable! You did a GREAT job! Can't wait to go over there and vote! Well done, ma'am!!!!!

Hugs. ♥

Connie said...

Cute, cute, cute and that little cupie doll is like the cherry on top of a sundae.

Cherie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. Off to vote,x

Jeanie said...

This sounds like a BOATLOAD of fun and I'm so glad you not only participated but shared it with us, too! Perfect!

Summer said...

This is so pretty! Great job ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Anne's Attic - Design said...

You have my vote sweet friend. Love, love, love it! xx Jo

Kim said...

You have my vote, lovely Jann. Your whimsical creation is so very clever. Love that cute cupie doll dressed in her designer garb. The sweet flower halo just adds to her cuteness. Oh...and love the cake stand, as well. It is all just gorgeous!

camp and cottage living said...

This is really so creative, Jann. Adding the sweet cutsie really made it extra special. I will be out of town Thursday, but I'll write a note to remind myself to vote for you ASA I get home!

GranthamLynn said...

Very fun! I'm sure you enjoyed creating. Thanks for sharing!
It's Fabulous and it's fallish. Come over to the party and link it!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh what a fun party - I loved yours - you did an amazing job on your project.

I went over and voted for you - hope you win.

Hugs,
Mary

Next time you come to LA call me would love to meet you.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So sweet and how perfectly it all came together. I love the pumpkins and the doll. I love it all! I will vote for you!

cloches and lavender said...

Very cute and creative Jann. That thing needed to be clothed. Love the banner she is holding. Good luck

Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy! If that's the not the cutest thing ever!!! Girl, you are so creative. I would HAVE still been standing there wondering what to do! Voting for ya now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Well dang, I can't vote until tomorrow! Made myself a note girl and I will vote.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Now if that's not the cutest little scene, ever!!! You're so creative and that little doll all dressed with the banner is adorable! I'm leaving town tomorrow, but I hope I can vote!
Also, your bottled flowers and relish look wonderful!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh my this is just adorable!

I've seen the mystery quilt-alongs online but never a craft one prior to this. Love it! :)

Trina said...

That turned out to be the most adorable fall garden ever! I clicked over and casted my vote.

Curtains in My Tree said...


So Cute

Betty said...

It is so adorable and creative.

mjmaterazo said...

i absolutely love this jann. you did a wonderful job. so many fantastic details. heading over to vote for you & hoping i'm not to late. xo- maryjo

Instagram