I'm a Big Fan of Lollies. . .

Rosettes, fans, or lollies, whatever you want to call them;
I am in love!
 
Yup, I'm a big fan of lollies, (which is the word that I choose to call them.)  Don't they look just like big lollipops to you?
 

 
I often use them in my crafting.  They are a fun addition to almost any craft.  I've used them a lot in banners.
 
I have a fun little contraption that makes them a bit easier to make.
 
But I actually bought these large ones at a local shop called, Retro Betty's.  It is owned by the daughter of one of my friends.
 
I layered some of the lollies and then added the vintage images that came with the set.
 


I used the sticky circles that came with them to add them to a black vintage window I had.  Years ago I modge podged the newspaper pennant border along the top.  They kept falling, so ended up hot gluing them to the window.
 
I thought my black and white witch and moon and star banner was the perfect addition!
 
 
I added a black glittery branch and tucked stars in here and there.
 
 
The tarnished tea set was a thrift find.  Perfect for a witches tea!  This pumpkin had an eerie feel to me and fit perfect in the silver pedestal.  This is when I prefer my silver tarnished.
 




This was one of the quickest mantles I have ever put together.  May just be one of my favorites as well.  :)
 

 
How about you,  Do you love lollies?
 

 
The hearth is decorated with the 'spooky' urn arrangement I made with craft group #1 last year and a pillow I
 made many moons ago.  lol!
 



On the other side of the fireplace is my 'party animal' crows having a hay day on my old type writer and a silly skelly I bought at Glitterfest in CA last week.
 

 
Only a little more than a week till the hauntingly fun day is here!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun Parties:
 
 

16 comments

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

yes, I do like your "lollies" very much. It gives an old fashion look to your Halloween decor. The spooky banner across the typewriter is perfect for this time of year.

Stacey said...

Those are so cute! I've not seen those here. I need to go on an adventure to find all the great shops like you find all the time. :)

NanaDiana said...

Very, very, very cute. I have always loved lollies. So---tell me....what kind of 'contraption' do you have to help with the folding? Would love to see it. I never knew such a thing existed. xo Diana

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love the lollies! What a cute display you've created. Spooky fun!

Gwen Simmons said...

Hi Jann,
I think the Lollies are amazing, and your mantle display is Spooky Perfect. Wonderful job. I love it.
All the Best,
Gwen

Lisa said...

I do love them and I love your mantle!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, just back from the hospital from complications but doing much better. That's why I haven't visited, I have missed the blogging scene. Your Halloween mantle is so darling. I love the the moon and the stars! How fun! Have a lovely Halloween week! xx Jo

Art and Sand said...

I bought the template for my Sizzix to cut out the paper to make some, but have never used it. I think I need to get it out and give it a try.

Sandi Magle said...

I love your moon nd stars with your Lollies...Great simple idea for kids too. We will have to try some.
Thanks for the inspirations...Sandi

Jeanie said...

Your mantle is the best! The lollies are wonderful bunting and so spooky. Love your tarnished silver and the typewriter, too. It looks exactly how Halloween should look!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I never knew about lollies so who better to show me how cute they are!
Your mantel is adorable and ever changing!

Cynthia said...

These are super cute. I really like the large ones

Cindy

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, the "lollies" are so cute and love their vintage vibe. Your mantel is perfect! Pam @ Everyday Living

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I do love your "lollies"! They really add a very retro and pretty decorative touch!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, they are adorable. Love it. Adds a punch to me. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, your mantel is adorable and I've pinned it to our Features & Favorites! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

Instagram