Cloche Encounters of the Bird Kind. . .




Hello my friends,
 
Spring is very unpredictable in Utah.  One day will be warm and sunny and two days later we find ourselves waking up to snow.
 
But one thing that I've noticed is that the birds don't seem to mind.  They remain confident that spring will return.  They know that the snow won't last long and the sun will shine again soon.
 
 
I love walking outside to hear them chirping their merry tunes.
 
 
 
 


 
So while they are busy building their nests, I am taking a cue from them and feathering my own nest.
 
I love the magic that a cloche brings to a vignette!  If one cloche is good; three has to be better.  :)
 
 

I am calling this tablescape, "Cloche Encounter of the Bird Kind"
 
Photographing cloches is a bit difficult, but "I done my best".

 
 
 I started with my large wooden flower pedestal.  I added a stack of old books that I removed the covers and tied together with jute.
 
A found nest filled with three faux eggs was placed on top.

 
 
Scrabble letters are so fun and add a bit of whimsy.
 
I added this sweet calling card and envelope in the nest.  The pretty flower is hand stitched.
 
 
 
It's topped with my large bell cloche and I tied a sweet bird tag to the top.
 
 

 
A second cloche is sitting on a pink scalloped cake stand.  The bird dessert plates I bought at Pier 1 a couple years ago and a sweet little nest made of clay are home for a pair of vintage bird figurines.
 

 
I filled this big eyed beauty with Hellebores from my garden and sat her on a stack of pretty floral plates. 


Oh how she makes me smile!

 
I used my pink dinner and salad plates made in Portugal.  I found a service for 8 at our local thrift a couple years ago and I love them!  Little nests on old wooden spools name card holders were inspired by Laura from

 
To add a little color and fun I placed a macaroon bought at Home Goods and three Cadbury eggs on the salad plate.
 
White distressed bird favors were purchased at Hobby Lobby.

 
Four place settings had the pretty dainty napkin with the single flowers.  The end two had a larger floral/fruit design.  I used my Mother of Pearl flower napkin rings on all of them.

 
You know me and my love for dishes.  I have 6 of these bird plates, purchased at Home Goods a few years ago.  I had to add them to the table.

 
I've hung this bird cup trio from my chandelier before.  They are just the perfect touch to my bird themed table.



 
 
I love birds and have pulled out my bird themed items for spring. 
 
If you love them as much as I do, check out these fun ideas on my pinterest board:  Sweet Tweets
 
and  Vignettes Under Glass has some great cloche ideas too!
 
hugs,
 
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 

18 comments

Debra@CommonGround said...

these are so sweet and Spring-y, and oh that calling card. I love the precious idea of hand stitched florals on one. Happy Weekend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful vignettes,Jann!Love your pink dishes(Bordallo Pinheiro?They are wonderful...).Hugs!

Zaa said...

This is so pretty and Spring-like( I wish)... at least it’s a project that bring the beauty closer to our hearts...The colors and details are so inspiring... and love the little bird dishes... Thank You for sharing..Hugs

Susie said...

Jann, I love the title, you are so clever. You truly have some beautiful things to decorate your tables. I love the dishes too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

Soooooo pretty, Jann! I just adore the tiny bird's nest in the glass cup hanging from your chandelier. The salad plate filled with sweet treats makes me smile. 😊 We are still waiting impatiently for Springtime to arrive here in Illinois. Sleet and snow are on the way tomorrow. I've noticed the same thing ~ the birds are singing sweetly every day! Thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration today, Jann! 💗

Unknown said...

Some of my favorite items. Love cloches with birds. In fact, I have several done like that now. Yours are beautiful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love all your wonderful Cloches but I really love what you did with the tea cups!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, this is gorgeous! From the plate stack (8 place settings, really??) to all the little nods to the birds - I just love it all! Jackie did a fine job of showing off your table with a post also - well deserved, so much detail!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Love all your birds and nest but my favorites are the tiny nests in the clear punch cups. Adorable!

happyone said...

I too enjoy listening to the birds. One more reason to enjoy my morning walk. : )

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love your title and all your sweet birdies. Your pinterest boards are great to get ideas from!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Everything looks so pretty! You have some unique items I've never seen before. Cute title for the blog post too :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Everything looks so springy and pretty. All your "Cloche Encounters" are super sweet. Have a great new week.
xoxo
Kris

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These are so darling! xx Karen

Kathy said...

Glad I got to see your punch cups hanging from your chandelier; I really love this idea! I am still eating my Easter stash of Cadbury eggs (my favorite) and will be so sad when they are gone! I have recently started using cloches for decorative stuff but right now my Roma tomatoes are under 1 on the kitchen counter!

My thrift store addiction said...

So sweet, Jann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Lace Age Girl said...

Jan, I loved your bird things post - and its title! I stumbled on your blog, and look forward to exploring more -when i don't have the tax to finish!!!
Love,
Jesse

Katie Mansfield said...

So sweet and so inspiring. I have a cloche to fill and now I'm inspired.

Instagram