Snippetts of Spring and Garden Link Party. . .

 
 
Hello my friends,
Welcome to the kick off of our 'Garden Party'
 
 
Five Garden Loving Gals, including myself  have come together to share our gardens and host a link party where you can share yours. 
 
It's a monthly party that will take place the last Friday of every month from now until Fall. 
 
Your links will show up on all 5 of our blogs.

 It has been absolutely gorgeous weather here lately and things are finally starting to burst into bloom.  I am always amazed at how much my garden changes in a months time.
 
It's still a bit early for the majority of my perennials, so I thought I would share some snippets of spring from our garden. . .
 
The trailing plants on our rock wall are putting on a show.  The Candy Tuft has all but buried this sweet fawn.  :)

 
 
I love tucking bits of junk into my garden to add
 visual interest.
 
 
 
My main spring color combination seems to be purple, yellow, and white.  (Phlox, Basket of Gold, and Candy Tuft)
 
 
The Weeping Crabapple is full of blossoms that are just starting to open.  Such a petty shade of pink!
 
 
Look at that gorgeous blue sky!
 
 
I thought this view of my garden stove was kind of fun.  When the tree is in full bloom it is totally hidden.

 
The Hellebores, (Lenton Rose) have been blooming for over a month.  This photo was taken when it first started blooming.
 
 
Now it is a lot paler shade of pink.

 
My green one is a bit shy and hangs it head down.  (wink)
 

 
Every moning I stroll my garden.  I'm literally like a kid in a candy store!   My heart skips a beat with each new bloom.  I am so happy that my Ann Magnolia missed the frost.  I purposely picked a later bloomer for that reason.
 
 
I even found delight in the blossoms forming on my Rhubarb.  Although I snip them off when they sprout up.  I've been told it makes it taste better.

 
I have little clusters of Violets here and there throughout the garden.  I never planted one of them.  I think they came dormant in the starts that I brought from my previous home.  They didn't show up for a few years.  I just bought two of these sweet baskets from a friend.  Can't wait to fill them with a bouquet of roses!
 
 
 
It's a little early for us to plant our annuals.  We often have a frost the first week of May. 
 
I bought a six pack of Gerber Daisies at Costco.  I just had to play a little.  I planted two urns and topped them off with chicken wire cloches I made a couple years ago.  I can bring them indoors if I have to.
 
 
I also planted my colorful watering cans and wired them to my chippy white ladder.  Not sure whether it will end up in the garden or on the front porch.

 
 

 
I hope you enjoyed snippets of our spring garden.  Now I can't wait to see yours!  In the mean time, you'll find me hanging out in
"hilltop cottage"
 
 
Also, mark your calendars for our next garden party, May 25th.
 
hugs,
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:

31 comments

Stacey said...

I just love how you make everything beautiful but fun too!

Happy Gardening friend. ;)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Stepping through your garden with you was such fun, Jann! I think my favorite part was seeing your old stove and those pretty watering cans on the chippy ladder. You always give me such good ideas that I'd love to try. Thanks for hosting!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Seeing the weeping crabapple flowers makes me smile! The watering cans on the ladder are so cute! I've never seen the blossoms rhubarb- love it! Can't wait to see everything in your gardens throughout the coming months!

Cindy@CountyRoad407 said...

Such a fun and happy garden area. And I love that you tuck in "junk". It's super cute.

Betty said...

Your garden is so pretty and I love the watering cans.

Gingham Gardens said...

Jann - I've been so excited for this party to start. I love looking at other's gardens, especially when there's nothing to look at in mine yet. Your spring blooms are amazing! I especially love your ladder vignette.

Rose L said...

My garden is so lovely and inspiring and filled with life! Yours is lovely and enchanting too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The bright and cheerful watering cans sure are fun! I need to add some pretty things to my courtyard. Thanks for the ideas! Happy Spring!

Jeanie said...

How pretty, Jann. I think I must get some hellebores. Those are beautiful!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, the crabapple is gorgeous and I love how your stove is hiding behind it. The ladder with the watering cans is too cute! Thanks for hosting!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Gorgeous blooms, Jann! I'm afraid I have nothing to show in my garden as there's nothing blooming yet....sigh! Enjoy your weekend!

Thelma said...

I love your ladder with the watering cans. It is great to see all the garden blooms. They are all so lovely.
I shared an older post because Spring is late here. We have been getting a lot of rain lately, so I hope the snow will all disappear soon and my blooms will start to show.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your garden has a great start for Spring. The color theme is very pretty. The watering can ladder is just too sweet! My forsythia is just starting to bloom, otherwise no color in my garden yet :-(

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow Jann, such a beautiful display of flowers. Loving the Weeping Crabapple. The chippy ladder watering can idea is awesome...how creative and fun! I love visiting to see your fabulous yard. I Love sharing being a host for this Garden party. Happy weekend.

Sarah said...

Jann, it's such fun to see what is blooming in your northwest garden. What a show of spring flowers! I love the ladder of watering cans and the pieces tucked here and these among the plants in your garden. You definitely have a green thumb. Thanks for inviting me to join the garden party!

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Jann!What a beautiful and charming garden!I'm in heaven with this great garden party!Such beauty!!!Hugs!

Leslie said...

Stunning! I'm looking forward to checking out the links to this party. I haven't been able to do anything outside ~ the weather here in Baltimore has been ugly and we're having work done to the house which entails people trekking through my gardens. Yikes.
Have a great weekend. thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Jann, I share your ladder and watering can love! So many pretty spring blooms in your garden along with your treasures, including that fun stove. The bright pop of pink from the crabapple against the blue sky makes my heart skip a beat. Thanks for hosting. ♥

The French Hutch said...

Hi Jann, I enjoye my walk through your beautiful garden with so much to see. I love all the bloooms and how you’ve added visual interest to the beds. I love your display of watering cans, just adorable. The garden party is a great way to share and I am enjoying seeing how others garden. Thanks Jann for sharing your beautiful garden. Hugs dear girl.......

happyone said...

So many beautiful pictures, I can't even pick a favorite. : )

Ricki Treleaven said...

Thanks for hosting, Jann! Your garden is so pretty, and I love the Candy Tuft. I've never tried growing it....I wonder if it could take the heat here. Is it easy to grow?

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan your garden is sooooo pretty. I love all the softness to the flowers and colors. I am so envious of you having such a pretty garden already. We just are having Spring finally arrive here. So hopefully in the next few weeks we will see flowers and trees coming back to life.
Happy Saturday.
Kris

French Ethereal said...

Hello Jann, happy spring!!! I love your fawn playing peek-a-boo in the flowers! I'll definitely be pinning once my computer connectivity begins behaving again. :) So many pretty blooms in your garden this year. <3 Thank you for being one of the hosts and I appreciate being able to link up with you all.

Enjoy your garden,
Barb :)

Connie said...

I'm showing up a little late for the party . . . but better late than never :) What a marvelous idea.

csuhpat1 said...

Beautiful pics. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Good Morning Jann,
I love a garden from the West and your green thumb is shining beautifully! Spring has come to the high Country and just look at these gorgeous blooms. So fun to see how you add color and whimsy to your gardens too. Love that garden shed. (one of my dreams)
Happy to co-host this garden party with you!
Jemma

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, I'm so happy you gals have begun hosting this garden party series (thank you!). It was your garden that first caught my attention in blogland while in its peak, with your wonderful mix of perennials and annuals and whimsy. That candytuft is amazingingly lush right now! We are much like you with our region, and containers/annuals won't be planted until after Mother's Day for the chance of frost still (it's 39° at 7:25 EDT today!).
It's a joy to catch up with my blog friends after being away. The garden is top on my list of things I'll be working/playing with in the coming weeks, months. Again, thank you for co-hosting!

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, it's always fun to visit your whimsical garden--we are kindred spirits, for sure! It was a pleasure to join the garden party. Your shot of the stove peeking thru those lovely blossoms is my favorite. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned & tweeted!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

What a beautiful garden, Jann! Right now I'm enjoying sitting in the gazebo in our back garden having a cup of tea and bit of rhubarb cake and looking at the blossoms. You've inspired me to head to the garden center and pick up some new things to plant.

Heidi said...

Jann, your garden is so beautiful. What a great variety of flowering trees you have, and everything looks so lush. Now I'm inspired to get crackin'! Thanks for hosting this fun party.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Your garden looks lovely!! We are finally getting warm weather here and things are finally starting to bloom!! Thanks for hosting!!
Hugs,
Deb

Instagram