July Blooms

Oh my, it’s hard to believe that July has come and gone!  Seems as though it simply whisked by.

Last night I grabbed my camera, strolled the garden and caught a bit of what was blooming.  Before long they too will be just a memory.  Sadly I missed quite a few pretty flowers that blossomed earlier in the month.

Pinks Pink is always a favorite of mine in the garden.  (Left to right) Phlox, climbing rose, Coneflower, Rose of Sharon.

But nothing says summer sunshine like yummy yellow!


Lily, Rudbeckia, Sun Flower, and Yarrow.
yellows
Look closer at the bottom of this sunflower.  Do you see one of our giant bee’s?  We have had tons of them this year.  Little fellas as well.  I love them, but both hubby and I have been stung this year.  I was just cutting back in the garden and he was working on our pondless waterfall.  Just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  lol!

DSC02707
A little purple is always a pleasure. . .Mallow,

DSC02729

Butterfly Bush,

DSC02741

Salvia.  (I cut them to the ground after their Spring blooming and they always come back for a second go round).  Not as big and beautiful as the first, but still pretty.

DSC02723

Every garden needs some wonderful whites, don’t you agree?

Daisy, Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea, and Annabelle Hydrangea,
Whites

If you ask me, Hollyhocks are just heavenly!  One of my favorite cottage flowers.

Hollyhocks
The annuals have really started putting on a show.  Nothing quite as lovely as a Zinnia!

Zinnias

DSC02716

Unless maybe it’s a Begonia.  My first Canna bloom.  For some reason this one is short.  Don’t ask me why?

DSC02744

I love when the Sweet Potato Vines trail to the ground.  Although this pot usually has a lot more color.  I just pinched back my Petunias and Geraniums.

DSC02738

DSC02739

DSC02743

Not my favorite, but a little orange is nice.

DSC02735

 I planted both orange and pink Hyacinth Beans along my metal fencing.  Sweet blog friend,Stacey from Poofing the Pillows sent me the pink seeds.

    I haven’t seen a pink bloom yet.  Sadly I’m  thinking the orange just crowded them out.

DSC02736

DSC02752

The gorgeous seed pods on my Hot Wings Maple makes me realize just how close Fall really is.

DSC02734

And look what I have coming. . .a little Baby Boo and

DSC02724

some that will be orange.  Yup, Fall is just around the corner!

DSC02725

Better start gathering our nuts. Hee-hee!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rose Vignettes for Fresh Cut Friday

30 comments

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

Oh, what pretty flowers! Thanks for sharing this morning.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love it all. So pretty. My sweet potato vine has been amazing this summer. It got so long that we took little cup hooks and hooked them back up to make them look fuller. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Salmagundi said...

The photos are great. Your garden must be beautiful in person! Sally

mimi_62 said...

Loved the stroll through your gardens. Beautiful, my friend.

Linda W. said...

Love all your flower photos! Your garden must be amazing.

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Jan this was so very pretty! What a good idea, as in the middle of winter you can go back and stroll through the garden virtual style :o)
Thinking of you! Enjoy this August and all the harvest that come in this time of the year!
Yours Always, Roxy

Art and Sand said...

Your flowers are lovely.

We had a sitter stay with Lulu while we were in Kauai and Suzanne watered my garden. I think it looks better with a week of her love than with mine.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers! I love them all!

farmhouse-story said...

it'a hard to believe, but, fall is coming already. and your baby boos will be to cute! lovely blossoms, jann!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Your yard is so lovely Jann...thank you for sharing it with us! I think potato vine is one of my favorites and yours is just gorgeous! Hugs, Penny

Fran said...

Lots of color! Your hollyhocks are beautiful! Potato vine is the one thing I can count on to thrive in my planters; sometimes it's the only thing! Thanks for sharing :) --Fran

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your garden is a feast for the eyes!
Love all the pretty blooms and the sweet potato vine, ... LOVE!
Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, lovely blooms!

A Joyful Cottage said...

What a delightful tour, Jann. Your flowers are gorgeous. Love to see hollyhocks. . .love 'em. xxx ~ Nancy

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my goodness, Pat! You truly were born with a green thumb! Your garden is utterly beautiful! :)

xoxo laurie

My thrift store addiction said...

Gorgeous blooms Jann! I love how you grouped them according to color--the pinks are my favorites too! Blessings, Cecilia

cynthia lee designs said...

Your flowers are so pretty!!
~Cindy

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Gorgeous Jann!My rose of Sharon hasn't bloomed yet :(. Actually, this year has been kind of a wash out since it's our first summer here full time but I hope next year will bring flowers that look like yours!

Rose L said...

Such a wonderful color explosion in the gardens!! I love it!

Miss Jean said...

I'm so glad you stumbled upon my little blog. I absolutely love all of your beautiful flowers - and quilts!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful blooms, Jann!!

You know me, I always love thinking about Christmas!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hello dear Jan! Everything looks so lovely. It has been a while since we visited! I say your link and was happy to see your blog again. I wanted to make sure and invite you to the new Tuesday Garden Party starting this coming week. Would love to have you join us! xxx....Brooke
http://creativecountrymom.com

Sarah said...

Your summer garden full of colorful blooms is gorgeous. So happy your shared this all with us.
Happy Summer!

Donna Wilkes said...

This post filled with beautiful blooms bought cheer to my dark, dreary rainy afternoon.

Debra Howard said...

such beautiful blooms everywhere in July! Can't wait to see what August has to bring.

Unknown said...

Your garden is so pretty! I love it! :) I'm so glad you joined in for Fresh-Cut Friday. :)

Have a great weekend!
~Liz

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful flowers Jann! and the pumpkins will be gorgeous when these are gone, every season has such beauty.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

That purple mallow is gorgeous. You are a wonderful decorator and gardener.
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

deb said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! All mine have bolted due to the heat. I usually have Sunflowers that reseed themselves every year (the smaller head ones). The birds love them but will be unhappy this year - none in sight. Weird climate change here. Hoping we at least get some rain this winter to help out with the draught.
Wishing you a great weekend!
*hugs*deb

The Charm of Home said...

I love this time of year when everything is blooming and producing. Your garden is looking good.
Sherry

Instagram