Riverfront Walk. . .

Oh what gorgeous weather we are having on our vacay here in Napa Valley.  Last night hubby and I took the shuttle into town and walked along the riverfront.

DSC02607

With all of the gorgeous flowers and greenery growing up the buildings I felt as though I was in Italy.

DSC02606

DSC02604

The Agapanthus blooms were huge and they are growing everywhere!

DSC02615

DSC02605

DSC02610

After our stroll we dined at this wonderful restaurant by the river.

DSC02598

This fabulous light hangs outdoors.

DSC02599

Hubby had battered catfish and chips and I had a black (Angus) & blue (cheese) salad.  Both were delicious!

DSC02618

Everywhere we go we see lots of these blooming trees.  Some are white, and others various shades of pink.  Wondering if it’s a Crepe Myrtle?. . .Gorgeous!

DSC02601

Beautiful Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea.  I have one of these in my garden at home.  It was just in bud when I left.

DSC02608

This monument Is a tribute to 9/11.  The beams are from the twin towers.  Seeing all of the names of those whose lives were sacrificed was a sobering moment!

DSC02614

I love old structures so this bridge caught my eye.

DSC02613

I’ll leave you with this cute little topiary squirrel.

DSC02611

Remember, Share Your Cup will return next week.  Hope to see you then!

hugs,

Jann

27 comments

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

My dream is to go to napa soon. Nice photos :-)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I am so happy you are enjoying your awesome vacay, Jann!

The pics are awesome and really makes me want to "get outta Dodge!"

Hugs.

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Oh so very beautiful! I hope it is a great vacation.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love Napa! Worker Bee and I were just talking about it the other day. Our favorite restaurant there is Bistro Jeanty in Yountville. We LOVED it! You make me want to go back to Napa. Hope you continue to have a wonderful time!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Beautiful pictures, Jann - enjoy! And yes, those are crepe myrtles!
Rita

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I love Napa. Yes it was a.crepe myrtle that you were referring to! Enjoy!

Creations By Cindy said...

How beautiful! I know you are having a fun time! Looks so relaxing too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time, enjoy!

Susie said...

Jann, What fun things to see and do on your vacation. I loved all the flowers. We have some of those beams in Indy also. You and your husband look great , xoxo,Susie

Linda W. said...

One of my brothers used to live in Napa. I loved visiting him there. The wine bottle light fixture is really cool! Have a great trip.

Jonell w Harrison said...

A CREPE MYRTLE?? Absolutely correct w/o a doubt. Living in the deep south [Alabama] Crepe myrtle is considered traditionally southern tree. My own favorite is a bold Red color..that's what I have in my yard ..almost forgot-I have one like yours pictured too.

Loved your pictures!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed the tour - thanks for sharing it with us. Yes crepe myrtle. In bloom all over around here now.
Enjoy your evening.

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Beautiful pictures, Jann. I can see you are really having a good time. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It looks like you're having a wonderful time, Jann! My late beloved hubby and I went to Sonoma several years ago and visited Napa, also. Enjoy your time.

Unknown said...

What gorgeous flowers! It does look a bit like Italy, even the architecture. So glad you're having a good trip.
Blessings,
Patti

cynthia lee designs said...

Looks like you are having a great time!!
~Cindy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

beautiful photos! Enjoy your vacation!

The Happy Creations said...

Great photos Jann,
Enjoy the rest of your holiday:):)
Cu next week!!!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Oh Jann! Isn't Napa gorgeous!!
Be sure and soak in all the amazing and fresh food found there.
Have a wonderful trip!
Suzanne

farmhouse-story said...

what a beautiful place to vacation in--enjoy, jann!

Debra Howard said...

Oh what a beautiful place to go for vacation.

Rose L said...

Napa, Sonoma and Mendicino areas are lovely!! I think those are crape myrtle. I love the old bridge photo!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So pretty! Hopefully someday I will get to travel to the other side of the country to see all the gorgeous scenery in person!

Lady of the Manor said...

Glad you and your hubby are enjoying your trip! I'm loving your photos, especially the garden shots!! Continued safe travels, Jann!

Linda said...

Love your photos- glad you are having a good time.

From My Country Sunrise said...

Have so enjoyed you beautiful pictures!!I have never traveled out west any farther than Wyo and Colo. We have family there!! Your blog just makes me feel like I am with you there~~I am new at this blogging@@ My cousin/ Sister~~Oatmeal and whimsey~got me started~~She is such a wonderful blogger~~Hugs and have a wonderful trip~

Gayle said...

Jann - sounds like you're having a great time! On your way home, be sure to stop and spend some time in Truckee (my home town). The downtown is quaint - with lots of fun shops to explore!

Instagram