Sunflower Station. . .

Yesterday late afternoon as we pulled into our circle it looked as though we had arrived at ‘Sunflower Station’.

DSC02697

We had only been gone a week, but the Sunflowers had all but buried our home.  It certainly was a sunny delight, but I knew that a few of them had to go.

DSC02687

They are ones that reseeded from last year.  None of the heads are large this year, but I didn’t have the heart to pull them out.  But this morning I was out there trimmers in hand cutting back like a mad woman on a mission!

They were so pretty that I couldn’t just toss them in the garbage.  I grabbed my white wicker funeral basket and began to fill er up!

DSC02692

Some have yellow centers. . .

DSC02693

Some brown.

DSC02694

I love their happy smiling face!

DSC02696

They prompted me to make a few subtle changes on the porch.

DSC02700

It’s been hot lately and my fun thermos collection reminds us that it’s still summer and to stay hydrated.  I always think of that commercial, “Stay thirsty my friends”.

Don’t you love yellow and red together?

DSC02699

The grey thermos with the diamonds was a new find in Fairfield, CA

I remembered that a while ago I had picked up this sunflower chair pad on clearance at our local grocers.  Needs something a little more.  I’m sure it will get a bit of tweaking.

DSC02698

Doesn’t look quite like ‘Sunflower Station’ anymore, (although I left some); but I have these beauties to enjoy…at least for a few days.

DSC02692

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday?

Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rose Vignettes for Fresh Cut Friday

37 comments

Rita C at Panoply said...

Wow, Jann, your sunflowers are overflowing! I have one big bunch this year - leftovers from last year or new from seeds dropped, I'm not totally sure, but mine were uprooted when I returned from vacation from a strong storm. I just tied them back and they're facing the sun again. :) You remind me - I also have a sunflower pillow - need to get out! And yes, I love the red with yellow. :) Have a great week.
Rita

Stacey said...

So pretty, Jann! We have some in our back that the birds planted. The plants themselves are "bullies" my husband says but the flowers are wonderful. :)

Winnie said...

Your sunflowers are GORGEOUS Jann :)
I must say they'd be great in my living room..... :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I bet it was a pretty sight to drive up to after being gone for a while.
Enjoy your evening.

Deb said...

They are so beautiful, Jann. Deb

camp and cottage living said...

Sunflowers are so bright and cheerful. Your over flowing basket is beautiful and I love your thermos collection too.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

They're gorgeous, Jann!

Welcome home, glad you made it back safely. Big hugs.

mzzbev said...

You're so fortunate to have your Sunflowers out. I planted mine late so they're still growing but they are making some progress. I can't wait though!! So gorgeous! -Bev

cynthia lee designs said...

Your sunflowers look great!! Love that you put some in the white basket...very pretty!!
~Cindy

sweetvintageofmine said...

Oh my....what lovely sunflowers!! I think of Fall for some reason when it comes to Sunflowers...Your basket full is gorgeous! Blessings~~~~Roxie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your sunflowers are beautiful, Jann, and the photo with your cupboard looks like it came out of Country Living!

Maureen Wyatt said...

What could be cheerier than a basket of sunflowers gracing the entry? Love it!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Gorgeous, just drop dead gorgeous flowers....what a nice greeting to come home too!

Leslie said...

Your view is simply stunning!!! Love the sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I LOVE sunflowers and hope to grow some next year! ♥

bj said...

I love love sunflowers and yours are beautiful....

Linda W. said...

I love sunflowers! What a wonderful way to be welcomed home.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, what a pretty sight to greet you when you got home. Love what you've done with them at at least you'll be able to enjoy them for a little while.

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, what lovely sunflowers. My sweet motherinlove loves her some sunflowers! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Patricia said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the sunflowers. They are one of my favorite.

Patricia C

farmhouse-story said...

what a happy welcome home to you:) have a great week, jann!

Unknown said...

So beautiful and I love the chair pad!!! Thank you for sharing..:)

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, I love sunflowers--such a happy flower! Yours are gorgeous! Glad you arrived home from vacation, safely. Blessings, Cecilia

A Joyful Cottage said...

A beautiful bunch of sunflowers you have there, Jann. I was just looking at sunflowers in the supermarket this morning. They were beautiful, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Can't wait until I can grow my own, like you. xxx ~ Nancy

Art and Sand said...

Your sunflowers are gorgeous.

Now that we are back from vacation, I need to pick up a few to replace dried flowers I left out for the sitter. There is nothing like sunflowers to make you smile.

June said...

What a gorgeous sight to come home to Jann! They are amazing!! I love the look of them on your porch too.
I bet this put a smile on your face.
hugs from me...

Rose L said...

At the college where I work they place all the dying sunflowers on the ground and the birds and squirrels have a great time eating them!!!

Unknown said...

Your sunflowers look great!! Yes I agree to your pretty good happy smiling face! specially I like this sunflower chair pad.
inspiring-garden

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
So bright and cheery!! Love the yellow chair!!

Thanks so much for all your visits!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tea in the Library said...

Oh I love the photo of the sunflowers and the thermos collection!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Sure enjoyed all your lovely sun flower pics. Gorgeous!
Have a great week,
Blessings, Nellie

Fran. said...

LOVE LOVE the sunflowers!! they rock in that basket!! And that chair pad is amazing!! I have a red and yellow kitchen!! LOL Sunflowers are actually my favorite flower!! Always so unique in their own way!! Thanks for sharing and what a wonderful welcome home!! XOXO Love Fran.

Lisascraftiques said...

I adore sunflowers! I have not had much luck growing them at my house though. I think it is the soil.

Janice Kay Schaub said...

beautiful flowers, I wish I had enough growing to bring some in the house. Your garden is awesome
Janice

Sarah said...

Oh, my what a gorgeous bouquet! Your mountain view and crystal clear sky is yet another bonus.

Debra Howard said...

What great collections of sunflowers and thermoses. I saw a great lamp made from a vintage thermos this week.

Unknown said...

Oh Jann! They are darling! I love your little vignette that you did. so perfect with your vintage thermos collection. :)

Thank you so much for sharing this post for Fresh-Cut Friday. It's the perfect addition! :)

Have a great weekend.
~Liz

Instagram