A Most LOVEly Party!

Hello my friends, I'm so excited to share a fabulous party that I was honored to attend!

 before I do,
I want to thank the gals from
Vintage Charm for featuring my post A Beautiful Mess as their
January Feature of the Month.

It was truly a delightful surprise!

Now Let's talk, party!
Sit back, grab a cuppa, because I have lots of photos.

 
For a little over 6 months I have been a member of a 'craft group' with some fabulous ladies!  I was introduced to them by Joanne, whom I met on Instagram. There are a total of 7 of us. Sweet Karen was not able to attend this month.
 
(Jackie, Natalie, Brenda, Jann, Laura, and Joanne)

 
We get together for dinner to celebrate each others birthday.  The crafting comes after.
 
This month we were celebrating Jackie's.
Isn't she cute in her stylish hat?
 

Let me tell you, from the minute I stepped foot into the dining room I felt as though I was entering an elegant restaurant!
 
The table was set with the most beautiful vintage dishes!  Jackie is a 'fancy Nancy' so this table fit her to a tee!
 
Joanne and Laura do the honors of setting the tables each time and we all furnish the food.
 

These gorgeous dishes once belonged to Joanne's grandmother.  The floral salad plates on top were a thrift find.  I was with her when she scored these beauties!



They truly look like they were made for one another.  Joanne plans the place setting months ahead and scours thrift shops looking for the perfect dishes to complete her table.


I missed taking photos of the food other than this delicious salad.

 
Right about now you might be thinking, "hmmm, I thought Jann was not a gold lover".  Well, you would be right, but my gosh this table was just so gorgeous I loved everything about it!!
 
Laura's collection of angels were, let's just say; angelic!  :)




 
And those trees!  How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways!!
 


This little sweet one with the heart on top, made by Laura got to come home with
 each of us! 
 
 
 
Each setting was decorated with a crown, a sweet Valentine, and a cupid frame.
 


These fabulous cookies made by Amy Perkins adorned each setting.

 
She does amazing work and each one has a different image.  Not only are they beautiful,  but they taste delicious as well!


The table wasn't the only thing decorated.  Of course these ladies wouldn't stop there.  (wink)

The window...


The chandelier. . .


and the chairs.

 
I hope you enjoyed seeing this fabulous party!
 
and,
I'll leave you with cake.
 
(made by Amy as well)


And oh my, was it ever yummy!

 
and flowers. 
 
 
After all, isn't that what every 'fancy Nancy' wants?  And we may want to add diamonds!

hugs,
Jann

I will sharing with these lovely parties:
Thoughts of Home
Shabbilicious Friday

29 comments

Bernideen said...

Now there's a good looking group of women! What great fun! This is the modern day version of a QUILTING BEE!!!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful party setting. Everything was so elegant. Lovely angels. The food looking so delicious. And those decorated cookies as pretty as ever. It would be too hard for me to want to eat it. So happy you shared this special event.

Patti said...

Oh my! So elegant and pretty. The cake looks amazing! Every little detail is just so pretty. How fun for you to be in this group!

Susie said...

Jann, When I saw Jackie with the cake , I thought it was a prop.. It looks delicious. What a beautiful table too. You girls all look so pretty. Blessings to one and all, xoxo,Susie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, that was beautiful! What a lovely table setting, decorations and that cake.WOW!!! It looks beyond delicious!
deb

20 North Ora said...

Oh, that cake looks yummy! Looks like you all had a really wonderful time. What a special time with good friends.

Judy

Marsha said...

What a lovely party. The decorations were so pretty. The place settings were so elegant....and a yummmy looking cake! Wow!

Stacey said...

Jann, your luncheon looks like so much fun. The table is set beautifully.

A group of us bloggers in the Dallas area got together today. Your pictures remind me a little of that.

Girlfriend time is the best!

Thank you so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday and for your sweet support.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

that is the best looking cake I've seen in years. you girls know how to party!

Kim said...

Oh how fun your fancy party looks. How lovely you could all get together and celebrate friendship and birthdays. Everything is gorgeous.....the place settings, the fancy trees, the angels, the flowers, chairs, the cake.......everything is just perfect!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful party! What a gorgeous cake! xoxo Su

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I saw Jackie's blog post about this fabulous party you all had made for her, and now seeing your photos made me realize even more all the wonderful work and love that you all put into making her birthday extra special! That cake looked so fabulous!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Stunning tablescape. They really did an outstanding job on the table with all their pretties.
Sounds like you ladies had a terrific time.

Have a great weekend Jann.
Hugs,
Mary

Christina Paul said...

What luxurious party setting and a creative group of ladies!- love the valentine's and the cookies and cake oh my!

Julie said...

I love the décor and the favors...what a beautiful party!

Sandi Magle said...

OMG, everything is gorgeous---but the CAKE...there has to be some long gorgeous name for that CAKE>>>>looks Divine! Thanks for the fab share, Sandi

Dreaming of Vintage said...

How fun Jann! Everything looks so pretty and those plates are absolutely gorgeous!

Rose L said...

Such a lovely setting for the celebration. That cake is so pretty and looks delicious!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Party time! Lovely! Have a great weekend and take care...
Love from Titti

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Stunning!! And so definitely my style!! Loved all of it but especially those gold chargers!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Hugs,
Deb

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

You ladies all look fantastic! What a fun, elegant party. The cake is gorgeous! Have a beautiful weekend and Valentine's!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

What beautiful dishes and decorations and since I didn't eat dinner yet and was getting a little hungry, I thought to myself that the salad and cake ( 2 helpings of each please ) would be perfect...didn't need photos of what came in between after all :)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow! What a fabulous group of friends and each and every picture is absolutely gorgeous! I love each and every detail of the tablesetting, from the gorgeous chargers to the amazingly beautiful cake. What kind of cake is it, Jann, if you don't mind my asking, it looks absolutely divine! Hugs, Poppy

Decor To Adore said...

Truly a feast fit for a queen. I cannot get over that cake!

Thank you so very much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence really helped to make it very special. I hope you will return again and again.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Now, this is what I call a fabulous party too! What a great group of ladies to join you for tea, amazing cake and awesome tea party with lots of fun.
Happy Valentine's dear friend and all of you lovely ladies.
FABBY

Jacqueline said...

This Fancy Nancy was over the top thrilled with the wonderful birthday party you all showered me with! I am still dreaming of every bite, from salad, to chicken and potatoes, and rolls to the cookies and desserts. So spoiled to be a part of this amazing group of talented women!

cynthia lee designs said...

What fun you all must of had!! Everything looked so Pretty!!
hugs,
~Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How much fun this looks! I love that you have a dinner at someone's home and then craft! I get together with five other friends for our birthdays but we usually go out to lunch and we don't craft. I may have to change that!

Pat said...

Jann,
Absolutely divine Valentine's Day party, dear friend!
Femininely decorated throughout!
That salad appeared divinely delicious!
All this. . .and cake, too!
Fondly,
Pat

Instagram