Don't Forget the Kiddos!


Now is the time that most of us anticipate how we are going to set our Thanksgiving table.
 
 
Today, I want to say,
 
"Don't forget the kiddos"
 

 
 
I like to put as much thought into my kids table as I do for the adults.  After all, aren't they every bit as important?
 
Teach them while they are young and they will cherish the memories.

I will have two kids tables.  One will be for my four grands that are 18 months to age 7.  The other for the teens.

I am doing a 'woodland theme' for the tots table.  Today I played a little and set up one setting at the end of my sofa table.  :)

I bought a roll of this paper a few years ago and I used it to cover an entire card table.  I just have a small piece left and it will go in the center of the table.  A bit sad to see it all used up.


Crayons will be placed at each setting.  This paper is perfect to keep the little ones entertained while waiting for their food.

I shared these wedges in an earlier post.  But of course I needed some amongst my forest animals.  (wink)


Now how cute are these melmac dishes?  I picked 4 of them up at a damaged goods store a couple months ago.  I've had the checkered utensils for years.


I have an assortment of small juice glasses.  This is the only leaf one.  Most of them have a wheat or sunflower motif.

This log wedge had the perfect spot to hold the glass.  I tucked a plaid napkin inside.

 
The turkey S&P shakers are childproof.  I bought them from Avon when my kids were young


This little Indian is just too cute!  It presents the perfect opportunity to teach them about the first Thanksgiving.

 
 This table may change a little.  Who knows, some woodland critters might show up when I set the actual table.
 
I also set a table for the teenagers.  I'm thinking of using these old lunch room trays.  I bought four of them at a thrift shop.  I love, love the color!  I added fall leaf glasses. These evoke fond memories.  My mom had the same ones, although these are not hers. They are another thrift find picked up by my friend, Joanne.  She thought I might want to use them at my Fall Tea.  She was right.  Great ice tea glass!
 

 
How about you, do you set a kids table for Thanksgiving?
 
 
 
hugs,
Jann
 

23 comments

J said...

One of my best joys at holidays has been setting up a kids' table! Yours are delightful! I like to watch the kids progress from high chairs at the adult table to enjoying their own places, each one so much fun to decorate! And the snacks to add to the setting are so cute - so many fun ideas out there!

Susie said...

Jann, I love that tablecloth paper. That is such a good idea. I would probably serve drinks at the tot table in sippy cups or big kid sippers. :):) I am going to look at the previous post, think I missed something. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

We are on the same plane, Jann. I have the same set up- Four little kids and 6 teens and the rest at an adult table. It will be so much fun and I will have to figure out my place settings yet. Love the idea of crayons and placemats to color on though. xo Diana

Kim said...

Oh to be a kid at your Thanksgiving celebration, Jann. How lovely that they should have such a lovely setting prepared for them. Love that paper. I wouldn't mind eathing your banquet with a crayon in the other hand colouring in those whimsical designs! Delicious food and colouring in...perfect!!

The Country Nest said...

Your kids table is so sweet. The leaf glasses make me smile. I received a set as a shower gift 44 years ago.....they are all long gone. Happy Thanksgiving!

vivian said...

yes I do.. but not as fancy as you. thinking of doing it differently this year.. not sure exactly what yet.. it just gets sooo crowded in here. but we squeeze in and try to enjoy!
I bought the same tablecover for our tables.. big and small! lol!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

cloches and lavender said...

Very cute idea, love the paper too bad it is used up. The kids should have fun coloring away.

Cindy

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

you've certainly set a sweet little table. The little ones in our family just tend to mix right in with the adults, but I would love to set them a special table. In fact, my youngest grand-daughter always likes to set on Grammy's lap and eat Thanksgiving dinner off my plate instead of hers!

Jeanie said...

I want to sit at the kids table! Way too cute! And I love those plates and the covering. This is super fun -- they'll be in seventh heaven!

Stacey said...

Absolutely adorable! Can't wait to have grandkids to spoil them with fun things like this. I'm sure it makes them feel very special. :)

Eilis@MyHeartLivesHere said...

The kids will love your fun table!

Art and Sand said...

I remember loving sitting at the kids' table on Thanksgiving because I saw cousins I didn't get to see much.

Summer said...

SO pretty and cute ♥

happyone said...

Everyone must enjoy the time they spend at your house. You make everything so festive. : )

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Just adorable! I will have to keep this in mind for Christmas...that's when I have everyone at my home.

Junkchiccottage said...

So sweet Jann. The kids will feel so special with all your fun touches. It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is coming next week. Enjoy getting ready to share this special day with your family.
Hugs,
Kris

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'll only have one grandchild at our home for Thanksgiving this year, as the rest will be visiting their other grandparents, but I'll be sure to make her place setting lots of fun like yours, Jann!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the paper you are using on one of the tables! I'm going to do a kids table this year, so I better search my house for some fun accent pieces.....that can't get broken. Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

Jann, I love the paper on the kid's table. What a great way to keep them entertained. I love the idea of putting the napkin in the glass. Sylvia D.

Creations By Cindy said...

Kids nothing! I would love to sit at that table! I think I am a kid at heart Jann but my body tells me differently. How adorable is this table setting! Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rose L said...

cute idea to decorate the kids table!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a fun and sweet grandma you are, Jann! I'd love to be a kid at your tables.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jan,
Just adorable!! I have a whole set of those Gold Leaf glasses!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Instagram