Thanksgiving Preview

The other night it was my turn to host our craft group dinner so I decided to do a
'Thanksgiving preview'.
 
 
I used a cream linen tablecloth and added a strip of burlap down the middle.
 
 
A few years ago I made arrangements with ribbons and natural elements to add to the top of pumpkins.  When Thanksgiving was over I tossed the pumpkins and saved the arrangements.  I decided to add them to a terra cotta colored and white pumpkin that I brought in from outside.  I simply hot glued them to the top.
 
 
 
 
Just recently I was at Home Goods when I spied these gorgeous Johnson Bros. turkey plates.  It was the touches of aqua that made my heart
skip a beat.
 


I tried to resist, but ended up coming home with 12 of them.  :)  I started with a wooden round cut from my sister, Julie's trees, a large gold plate, and the new turkey plate.
 

 
 
We were having soup so I added one of my pottery barn leaf plates, alternating green and gold, and finished with a white bowl.
 
 
My Pioneer Woman goblets were the perfect touch to pull out the aqua in the plates.
 
 
 
The napkins were tied with a string pulled from the burlap along with a tag that I stamped each guests name onto.  I picked up the tags at Targets dollar spot and added a small acorn and
a sprig of rosemary.

 
 
They were take home gifts along with a turkey candle holder I bought at Michaels.  Originally they were copper.  I painted them with white chalk paint and sanded to let some of the copper color show.  The utility candle is wrapped with a piece of torn book page and embellished with cream seam binding and an old key.
 
 
 
It's always fun to pull out my vintage S&P shakers.  I placed one at each end of the table.


 
 
I offered to cook, but they wouldn't have it.  They brought it all and it was fabulous!!!
 
From the chicken tortilla soup, made by Karen,
 

 
green salsa dip by Jackie,

 
and a relish tray by Natalie,




My plate loaded up and ready to dip! (wink)
 

 
Then to top it all off, Brenda made the best flan I have ever tasted!!

 
This delicious meal certainly geared me up for our upcoming Thanksgiving feast!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 

23 comments

Rita C at Panoply said...

I love how you said you tried to resist, yet took home 12, lol! Talk about Pioneer Woman, Jann - you are the lady! What a fun fete and table creation to go with it.

sweetbriardreams said...

I love those leaf plates, so seasonal and functional too. What a great way to have a dress rehearsal. Have a wonderful Sunday x

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, Jann, your home is brimming with the prettiest of pretties. Every celebratory table of yours contains the most amazing, dinnerware and accessories. Those plates are gorgeous and those turkey salt and pepper shakers are just too cute. Wish oh wish I could one day be present at one of your celebrations, if only to drink in all the gorgeous pretties...just heaven!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Sounds like a fun get-together! I love the plates with the turquoise glasses. Such a nice color combo! Your table settings always look so festive, and the food looks delish, too!

mimi_62 said...

Love your table setting with all the special touches!! The food looks so-ooo yummy too!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Wow, it looks like you're gonna have a gorgeous Thanksgiving table, dear friend.
I so love all your dishes and the small turkeys are just so cute.
Now the food looks delish as well. Wish I was near you to go for a peak !
FABBY

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gorgeous table! I love that pop of turquoise on the table. Makes me ready for Thanksgiving!

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Your table is gorgeous. Yummy foods and friends and a gorgeous table. Oh la la so much pretty and fun.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs,
Kris

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your table is beautiful and the food looks delicious!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow your table looks fabulous! I have some plates with a hint of the aqua or teal color and now that you've shown those goblets I may have to give them a try! You were lucky to fine 12 plates at HG like that! Love the way you dressed up the napkins and the torn book page addition to the candle!

The Victorian Girl said...

Gorgeous Thanksgiving decorating! The turkey candleholders are so ceative. And that lunch looks really yummy!

Jeanie said...

This is fabulous! May I come join your craft group?! I'd travel (and would have to!)

Really, your table is gorgeous. And it made me smile. When I was about nine, my family went to Canada and my mother bought the Johnson Brother His Majesty turkey dishes. I use them every year; they are my favorites! So many wonderful memories with them.

I love what you did with the pumpkins and the place cards and favors. Love the turkey candle set up -- the white is very nice! I may have to borrow a few ideas here!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Stunning table! I love all of the details that add so much charm!!! I really like your candle decoration, burlap place cards, and postcards...in other words...EVERYTHING!!!

happyone said...

You certainly do set a gorgeous table.
The food all looks delicious.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very sweet party! I love your layered dishes and those aqua goblets are gorgeous. I must look for those!

NanaDiana said...

Oh what fun to have a little prelude to Thanksgiving. The food all looks delicious. I haven't had flan in many years but I have always loved it.
Your table setting is just lovely and I really love those little leaf plates.
Happy Sunday- xo Diana

Joy Junktion said...

How Fun to do a 'pre' Thanksgiving run! Everything is so pretty and colorful! Love the goblets! I sure everybody enjoyed their meals and your lovely table! Blessings, Cindy xo

Adrienne said...

=) Looks like fun! I love the S&P shakers...and the postcards!!! =)

Katie Mansfield said...

It is just darling. I love your vintage turkeys and the vintage post card.

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

What a beautiful Table setting!! I love everything about it!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a pretty Thanksgiving preview table! I really like those turkey plates--will have to look for them at my Home Goods. You friends are all good cooks!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Beautifully created as usual. Love it my crafty, decorator friend!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful tablescape!! Thanks so much for visiting!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Instagram