Village Peeps. . .



Hello my friends,

Spring is only a week away and I wanted to share some of my new village peeps with you.

Last year I created three glitter Easter houses.  I've found a few new peeps that are now hanging around town. 






 This sweet chick toting bunny was a $2 find from a thrift shop.  All I did to dress her up was add some millinery flowers to her neck and add pink grass and the egg to her cart.

Just a few days after I found the bunny with cart I scored this chick at another thrift for $.50 cents.  I gave it a bit of glitter and plopped her into that cart.  They both seem to be very happy!


I love this bunny riding a chick.  It's not new, I've had it for some time.  I think it was bough at T.J. Maxx.


One can never have too many of these fuzzy peeps.  They take me back to my childhood days.  The Easter bunny always tucked a few into our baskets.  (wink).  I just brought the bunny pushing the cart home from our latest road trip.  I found him at a thrift shop in Albuquerque, New Mexico.





I'd say that this village peep is a really good egg.  :)


And every village needs their party animal!
(Ha, ha, he's almost as big as the house)



 How sweet is this cutie?   She was bought at a shop in Sugarhouse called, Amy's after Easter last year.  Gotta love those
half price deals!


Baby bunnies, Awww!  Karen was in charge of our craft group last year when we made these sweet houses.  She picked these up for us as well.


My friend, Joanne had lots of little wooden critters that she shared with all of us.


This little fella keeps a look out to make sure all of the
 peeps are safe.  


I love these little peeps as well.  The bottle brush trees I made a few years ago remain one of my favorite projects.  I use them in vignettes often.


And last of all this glittery fella puts a smile on my face!  Could it be that big cheesy grin of his?



To create the village scene I placed my grass mat in the center of the mantle.  I added a picket fence, some of my bottle brush trees, and last of all; my village peeps.

To tie it all together I created a pop pom garland.
Whenever I peek into my living room it makes me ever so happy!
It's the little things.




Happy almost spring,


Also, remember that Share Your Cup will return next week.

I will be sharing with these fun parties:



15 comments

Kim said...

How lovely your mantle looks with all those peeps having such fun. Only you, Jann, could unearth such pretty things in a thrift shop...however do you do it. Love the colourful, spring-like pom pom garland. It adds the perfect finishing touch. I don't wonder you smile every time you gaze upon all your little peeps. You are so right, it is the little things in life that make one smile.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'd be so happy peeking in at your mantle, too, Jann! Your decor is just so adorable. It all looks perfect for Easter and Springtime!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Seriously cute Jann - great collection of Easter and Spring themed ornaments and bits and pieces. Love it - and you gave me a few ideas too!
Hugs
Joy

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, your vignette is amazing. So many little details...I just love it!

Louca por porcelana said...

How darling and cute!Hugs!

Sandra @ Dinner at Eight said...

So darn cute! You've got to love all the adorable bunnies and chicks! Your little village would be fun to visit.

Stacey said...

I love seeing what you do for the holidays and seasons, Jann. Your Easter goodies are adorable!

NanaDiana said...

That is just darling and I love all your new additions to your little putz houses....so sweet!
Hope you have a great upcoming weekend, Jann! xo Diana

Jeanie said...

These are adorable, Jann. I'm such a sucker for bunnies (as you can tell from my blog!)and you have some dear ones there. So festive! Love how you combine the houses and the trees, too!

My thrift store addiction said...

Couldn't be cuter, Jann! I'm using those same baby bunnies with my spring tablescape ;) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just love your mantel. All your peeps and bunnies remind of my childhood Easter things I might have found in my Easter basket. I still have to get all my bunnies out of hiding...

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your village gave me quite a chuckle. It is adorable.

Katie Mansfield said...

So, so cute. I have the same rabbit. I'll have to dig him out. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your spring home is so cute. Your creativity always amazes me. Pinned and shared. Thanks for linking up at Welcome Spring Link Party.

Joanne said...

Your mantle is just adorable! So many cute faces and I love all the pastel colors.

Instagram