Fond Memories. . .

Recently an iconic woman from my home town of Pleasant Grove passed away.


Phyllis Thompson was a very fun loving and sweet lady who was adored by everyone that Knew her.


Growing up as a teenager I had her as one of my ‘mutual’ leaders. That’s what Young Women's was called back then. She was wonderful and I have such fond memories of her.


Last week I went to an estate sale at her home. It was fun to walk through it with my sister Jeanne. I recalled having been there when we were teens.


I purchased a few items that I know will bring me fond memories of Phyllis.


IMG_0850


I loved this pop up Spring scene!


IMG_0851


These people look so happy to be going to church. This was so ideal because Mrs. Thompson made church enjoyable for us. We were converts and I can’t say that was the case with everyone. Jeanne, remember mean old Mrs. Williams? Ha-Ha! You know, looking back she probably really wasn’t mean.  I think that she was just senile. We didn’t attend real regularly and all she ever did was just make us introduce ourselves every time.  This was very embarrassing for a young girl and it made me not like her at all! Nope, not one bit!!


IMG_0852


I absolutely had to have this turquoise hob nob little sugar and creamer!


IMG_0853


IMG_0854


Cute, cute little pop up story book.


IMG_0857


IMG_0856


Pop ups just kept popping up.


IMG_0855


These sparklers looked vintage to me.


IMG_0859


I bought these colored bottles thinking I would give some to my daughters.

IMG_0860

After grouping them together I loved how they looked so I put them in my bathroom. Sorry girls, better luck next time.


Phyllis Thompson will surely be missed, but I will cherish my finds and think of her whenever I look at them.

1 comment

veryheatherly said...

This was a really nice tribute.

Instagram