A Double D Day!

A couple days ago I walked outside and immediately started having a ‘double D’ day.

No my friends, I didn’t suddenly become extra voluptuous!   Double D words started popping into my head and right out of my mouth.

The first double D was-Darn Deer!

That’s right, the darn deer had come right up to my porch and nibbled off all the blooms on my newly planted pansies.  They didn’t seem to like the Primroses quite as much.

IMG_0260

Not only did they nibble, but they pulled the entire plant out and left it laying on the ground.  Then came the second double D word.  The ‘dirty devils’ had made a mess of the soil on the porch.  I stuck the plants back in and they are starting to recover.

IMG_0261

Lucky for me they didn’t bother the pots on my old green ironing board.  It was a $5 find. The mama and baby bunnies were my mothers.

IMG_0265

I had a bag of tulip and hyacinth bulbs in the garage that I didn’t get in the ground last Fall.  I’ve stuck some in a couple pots.  Anxious to see if they do much.  They have grown quite a bit.

IMG_0266

They also missed these pots in my cabinet.  I love planting grass seed both indoors and out for a quick touch of Spring.

IMG_0255

My dad’s old lunch pail is filled with plastic eggs.  A crochet chicken sits on top.  Wonder if any will hatch?

IMG_0257

Some old finials, a gazing ball and a bird join my painted wooden eggs.  I decorated the porch with just a touch of Easter.  It will be easy to change it out to Spring afterwards.

IMG_0258

Bird décor is perched on top.

IMG_0259

Originally I planned on hanging eggs from the branches.  Hasn’t happened yet.

IMG_0268

I placed a wire container filled with seed balls, a bundle of lavender, and a watering can on my vintage podium.

IMG_0262

IMG_0263

This sweet little can holds water so it’s perfect for giving the plants a drink.

IMG_0264

This 100+ year old door is off of my youngest daughter, Kylee’s home.  When they left for Spain they replaced it with a more air tight one for the renters.  We are storing it for them.  Why not show it off for a while?

IMG_0267

I made the pillows for my two turquoise chairs last year out of burlap and an old curtain.

IMG_0269

The Spring umbrella was a Pinterest copy cat last year also.

IMG_0270

Spring flowers, eggs, and moss are tucked in amongst the pleats.

IMG_0271

We are suppose to get rain this week.  I hope so because hubby just mowed the lawn and fertilized.

I hope Spring finds you soon!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Spring Thing Party

Spring-Thing-Linky-Party-Button

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

Flusters Creative Muster Party

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Party

Bernideens Tea Time Blog for Open House

Rose Chintz Cottage for Home

35 comments

Barbara F. said...

Jan, everything looks lovely in spite of the deer. I love the satchel with the flowers on your door. We are expecting a storm tonight, slushy mess of about an inch, maybe more, before turning to rain later on. Icy morning commute for Tuesday. Yuck. xo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Jann- wow you have been a busy gal!

I laughed out loud at your Double D - thought you had "the surgery" or something, haha, well not funny but you know what I mean!

We have terrible deer problem here so I feel your pain - for some reason they don't bother Violas, which look like pretty little panseys - and I soooo love their fresh spring scent! Something to consider having instead?

Have a blessed week! Hugs!

Connie said...

Your front porch is so inviting . . Sorry that the dears like it, too :(
I love your turquoise hutch, very pretty.
Good luck with your four legged friends.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Bernideen said...

Your DARLING porch looks great (note the d-darling) and you DID such a great job!!!!

Susie said...

Jan, I love your porch. The lunch box of your father's made me think of my dad too. He had a black box like that, we kids used to run to meet him so we could look in his lunch box for even a crust of bread, at the end of his work day. So nice you have your mom's bunnies and your father's lunch box. xoxo,Susie
p.s. darn deer.maybe you could put some human hair in the pots

NanaDiana said...

Jann- It all looks so nice. Those deer can be awful. They chewed all my daughter's hostas right into the ground. I love your porch-just enough to say Easter and not overdone at all. Very sweet- xo Diana

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,

I so enjoy your story telling and all of your beautiful photos. Each photo tells a little story all of its own! I remember "Darn Deer." They would even eat our pine trees!! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs!
Jemma

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Jann,
Love your front porch, it's so inviting (sorry it seemed inviting to the deer also). Nice decor all around. I'm hoping to get our front porch area rearranged and decorated soon.

Mecky said...

Sorry the DDs got your pansies.

I love that door.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love that door! Thanks for linking up.
XXOO
Kristin

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Spring decor on your front porch. Hope the deer stay away.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Your pretty porch has me wishing I wasn't in the middle of an ice storm and could get out and dress mine up! At least the deer are selective in what they eat and leave you a few blossoms.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Alas, deer do have a taste for pretty flowers. I hope everything else remains untouched. Love your outdoor decor, something I haven't done much about yet. In a few weeks, I'll do a big clean up.

Sue xo

priscilla said...

Your front porch looks great Jann ! Love the old door , and your mom's bunnies !

Maria Elena said...

Jan, your porch looks so pretty and welcoming! The deer liked all your pretty colors and had to come by and check it out. :) You did a beautiful job!

Diane said...

We live on a small lake (more like a pond!)and the deer used to come to drink and destroy our plants. However, as people moved into the area, they put up fences and we have deer no more. Sort of sad. Your front porch looks lovely and I adore the decoration on the door. Beautiful job!

retrorevival.biz said...

All of your plantings and Spring decorations are delightfully darling!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Jann we have the Double-D problem here too! Your porch looks fabulous!! I love that chippy cabinet you have near your front door!!

Leslie said...

Your porch looks gorgeous Jan. I love the lunch pail!!
Happy Tuesday

Cynthia said...

Jann your porch looks so pretty, the deer love pansies actually, I think they would eat anything. Such a bother......

Cynthia

Crystelle Boutique said...

What a fun and festive porch! The toolbox is my favorite. FABULOUS!

hugs x
Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Unknown said...

I love that your warm enough to decorate for easter/spring. The wind is 35 mph with snow...at least the storm is winding down so we may get spring this Apr/May or thereabouts. ;-)

Unknown said...

Everything is so lovely! I have the same problem with my deer! I think they watch me plant things and laugh saying "steak and potatoes" tonight!! LOL!! Great porch! Love the antique lunch box!

Fran. said...

Wow Jann how blessed you are to be able to plant flowers!! I still can't believe the squirrels don't get into that jar of bird seed!! LOL Hope the DD's don't tell them!! I haven't even seen any pansies for sale yet!! I usually like to plant a few to get my mojo goin!! I did look and I have buds on my lilac!! And I did have some bulbs sprouting but are covered with snow now!! THANKS for sharing your porch beauty!! And I love hearing about the DD's!! They are kinda cute don't cha think? LOL XOXO Luv Fran.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Jann, all your touches are so sweet. I'm with you on longing for free water from the sky after fertilizing. We got tons and tons of rain last night. The sun is shining now and it sure is pretty out.
Liz

One More Time Events said...

Love your porch and well I guess the dd's do too.

Audrey said...

Jann ... love the decoration on your door, in fact, love it all. Sorry the deer are eating your flowers. We have trouble with them too, but I love having them around. We have have had three babies born in our yard and stay for quite a while.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Chenille Cottage said...

I'm so sorry about your pretty flowers, Jann. It looks like the deer mistook your front porch for the salad bar. Grrrrr.....

I love your darling Springtime touches in your green cabinet. Hopefully, the deer don't help themselves to your pretties, too.
Big ole hugs,
Carolynn xoxo

Rose L said...

Slowly the buds on trees are opening, my false cherry tree is covered in pink blossoms and a few crocus have popped up in my garden. Spring has sprung.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Deers have no sense of what makes a beautiful porch! But you obvisouly have!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I just love how you decorate your porch for all seasons and Holidays and this one is no exception!! I especially love that umbrella on your door. i am going to have to look for that post....

Hugs,
Deb

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

you had me cracking up at voluptuous

you are having spring earlier than here...just got some snow this morning

everything on your porch is so springlike and cheerful and so darn pretty! :)

Kathleen said...

I am with you on the DARN deer. Not only do they eat everything, but carry the ticks that cause Lyme Disease, of which I spent many months recovering from.
Why don't they eat weeds, they are green? :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love your turquoise chairs. The turquoise cabinet is decked out with springy things too. Very welcoming. I guess too welcoming. Darn deer! Spray your pots with liquid fence.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jann,
What a wonderful variety of things to enjoy on your porch! I love the cabinet and your umbrella is so cute! Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Instagram