Time for a Change. . .

Today is the the day that we ‘Spring Forward’ for Daylight Savings Time here in UT.   Moving our clocks ahead one hour.  It always takes a bit of getting use to the first few days, but I love the extra hour of daylight.  Especially when it comes time to working in the garden.

Not only is it time for my clocks to change, but my dress form, Penelope was wanting a new look.

I have been so busy with company the last few days.  Two of my sisters and a couple friends have been here crafting and sewing.  Hubby was away fly fishing so us gals had a ‘girls gone wild’ weekend. What fun we had!

After they left I wandered into my sewing room and Penlope gave me that look.  You know the one.  It’s the “come on, are you going to make me a new dress?” look.  After all, she knew that there was a dress form Ball going on at the Polka Dot Closet

Here’s what she looked like at last years event.

IMG_5228_thumb[2]

This year she wanted a new gown.  She still loved her tuelle skirt and doily apron but she yearned for something with a little more pizazz!

Here’s what the two of us came up with.  Fabric scraps and Mod Podge and Voila!

IMG_0181

Jewelry from the dress up closet gave her some sparkle.

IMG_0186

She has fantasized about going to Paris ever since she flew over it on her broom when she was Hilde.  If you’d like to see Hilde go here. Hilde's Gone Soft

IMG_0185

Look at that profile. . .Va-Va-Va-Voom!

IMG_0188

Now here’s the kicker.  She thinks that the name Penelope sounds too, (well, not fancy enough) for Paris.  So she’s changed it again.  She is now known as Venice.  I suggested Victoria or Veronica, but NO she wanted Venice.  Something about if she ever gets there it will be like Italy going to France.  She insisted I give her a monogram along with a Paris tag.

IMG_0182

She loves her letter V!  Although it stands for Venice.  She also likes vivacious, victorious, and like I say, Va-Va-Va-Voom!

Burlap and tissue paper roses adorn pink dotty ribbon.

IMG_0183

Look at her sweet crown.  Fit for a Queen!

IMG_0190

For now, Penelope, Venice is loving her new gown and having sweet dreams of France!

I’ve got to practice calling her by her new name.

If you have a dress form we will be looking for her at the Ball!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

38 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Va Va Voom is right! She is ready to Par-tay!!

Sarah said...

Venice will be the Bell of the Ball. '-)

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Cute post! What fun to have Venice in your home!
Hugs...Nancy

Maureen Wyatt said...

She will definitely be a belle at the ball!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Venice...You are gorgeous!!! I am so excited you are coming to the ball and I get to meet you in person! Your fancy fabric top is gorgeous!!!!...Wait, you better run outside, the carriage has just arrived!!!

Carol

Kris said...

What fun for you gals! I went to Vegas a couple of summers ago with a bunch of gals from high school. We called it Girls Gone Mild!!!
I have a dress form. But she is not named! She wears my wedding dress!!
Hugs,
Kris

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi, Jann!
I am just popping over from Carol's Polka Dot Closet. I keep thinking of the tune "I Could Have Danced All Night"...and your Penelope...Oh, I mean Venice is quite the bell.
I hope you have a wonderful week, my sweet friend.
Bunny hugzzzzz,
Carolynn xoxo

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

'V' is such a charmer. She is quite the belle of the ball!:)I wonder how many hearts she will break this time~

hugs
Sumaya

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How fun to have a creative time with your sisters...and it looks like you made good use of it!

Celestina Marie said...

Just love Venice. The fabric is gorgeous. She is going to be the belle of the Ball.
Have fun,
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Irene Helms Designs said...

Venice is a true belle! Lovely!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Love the patchwork look! Nicely done. ; )
~Michele

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Jann! I love her patchwork top! What a great way to use up some scraps of fabric that we just can't bear to throw away. Love her skirt, too.

Cynthia said...

Love the patchwork, she will be the bell of the ball for sure.

Cynthia

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

So pretty ! And of cours I'm obliged to like the name VENICE where I go everey year with my new costumes (for which I use my dress form !
xoxo from PARIS !
Joëlle

Fran. said...

Jann she is so flippin cute!! And I love your story kept a smile on my face the whole time!! Venice looks so charming! LOVE it!! XOXO luv fran.

Ana said...

Super cute post Jann. Love Penelope's...I mean Venice's new Parisian look, tres chic :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, since I love anything French, I am crazy for this new "get up." She really is set to go!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, last year's attire was lovely, but I've always been a country girl type, stuck in the city. And I just LOVE the darling patchwork design your Venice is wearing NOW! BEAUTIFUL!... Nice to meet you, Jann, via The Dress Form Ball today! ~tina

Maureen said...

Isn't it great to have the ability to change our girls up? Love both last and this year's outfits! Have fun at the ball!

Createology said...

This is so much fun and I am happy to meet Venice with her Parisian dreams. I shall be following your blog now. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Rose L said...

Awww, so cute! LOL

Robyn said...

Adorable post!.. I love what you did.. Youre so creative! :)

Savannah Granny said...

Venice is lovely in her new gown. When she gets to Paris I hope they like italians. LOL!
Ginger

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Oh, so fun!! We all can identify with Venice!!

Sweet Hugs!
jemma

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Yes, she has attitude! Love her, hope she meets up with Lucy, I have sent her and a little friend! Di@cottage-wishes

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Oh she is a saucy girl isn't she! She is very pretty.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Oh she is a saucy girl isn't she! She is very pretty.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Maria Elena said...

Venice is looking gorgeous! How fun to make a new dress! You are so creative! By the way, I am hosting a new Link party today on my blog. I am very excited and scared at the same time. LOL Please, stop by if you get a chance. I need all the support I can get!:)Enjoy your week!

Nanna said...

she looks beautiful in her new gown, she will be stunning at the Ball!
Helen

The Farmers Daughter said...

Isn't she a beauty! I'll be introducing my new "Millie" at Country Whites Weekend Friday! We seem to be thinking along the same lines. . .
Spring Blessings!
Dru

20 North Ora said...

Venice is definitely ready for the ball. She looks fabulous!

Judy

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Jann! Venice is gorgeous!

The Porcelain Rose said...

She is so pretty!
Love the Pink and those burlap and tissue paper roses!!!
Just gorgeous!
Ball hopping. Such fun!
Thank you for sharing.
Elizabeth

Debi said...

Hi Jan...she is just adorable! I love the patchwork! Your Venice sounds like my girls.....they just know what they want and you will not win with them....it's their way or no way....loved your story!

If she gets to Paris...I want to go with her lol!

Have a great weekend!
Debi

Chubskulit Rose said...

So pretty!

Hopping by from Pink Saturday. Hope you'd come and see my PINK
Your comment is always appreciated.

Laurie said...

What a fun makeover!

Selectmytutor said...

This is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for searching for more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks
Home Tutors

Instagram