Come Sail Away with Me!


Come sail away, come sail away,
come
sail away with me!


This little chalk ware sailor that I bought off of instagram was the inspiration behind my nautical themed summer mantle.

 
 
I'm sailing away
Set an open course for the Virgin Sea
'Cause I've got to be free
Free to face the life that's ahead of me
On board, I'm the captain
So climb aboard
 
A little sailboat rests on the hearth next to a rag wrapped rope basket.
 
 

 We'll search for tomorrow on every shore
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to carry on

I look to the sea
Reflections in the waves spark my memory
Some happy, some sad
I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had
We lived happily forever
So the story goes

Come sail away, come sail away,
come
sail away with me!
 
I pulled out the buoys from our upstairs guest room.
 
 
I scored this jar of sea glass at a yard sale for $1. The red lid was an added bonus!
 

Lovely colors made beautiful by the sea.  I added a little anchor tied with rope to the jar.

 
 
I was so excited when I saw this rustic navy blue ice cream bucket at our local thrift.
 
 
Perfect for holding some flags.
I bought the muslin ones for $2 each at a vintage yard sale.
I knew I had to have them when I saw one had an anchor!
 
 
After seeing a couple of anchor projects shared at my weekly Share Your cup party.
 
I knew that I needed to add a project of my own.
 
A stenciled anchor on a pizza paddle.
I thought the shape was perfect for this project.
 
 
A childs block adds an additional anchor to the scene.
 
I just had to use this whimsical seascape sand pail, a $3 score.
 
 
 
 
This banner that I made years ago had the perfect nautical feel.
Don't you love it when you have something that just works to help make your vision unfold?

 
Put it all together and what do you get?  A fun summer mantle!
 

 
I added a few accessories to the hearth to help accent the mantle.



 
 
 
Now that summer is almost here are you ready to
sail away
for
some summer fun?
 
I hope my nautical mantle helped get you in the mood for summer!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
This post was featured at Let's Talk Vintage Party.  Thanks Jillian!
 
sharing with these lovely parties:
 
 
 
 

 


29 comments

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, loving all of your nautical. Just love the sailor boy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kim said...

Your mantle is adorable, Jann...but wait!!! You can buy things from Instagram?? I am curious now!

Shirley Hatfield said...

Of course we dream of the sea, Jann, we're so far away from it...lol! I used to relax with a CD of breaking waves and the cries of seagulls. Now I'm Seasick...not sick of the sea, but like homesick. =D

20 North Ora said...

Jann - Gorgeous vignette of your mantle. Love the little sand pail, love your stenciled bread board - darn, just love it all. So fresh looking.

Judy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love each and everything...especially the sea glass and little sand pail. You've put me in the mood to decorate! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Jonell w Harrison said...

Such a happy, colorful carefree feel to this ....If I EVER spot another of those metal sand buckets like that IT WILL GO HOME WITH ME! AND I am always [almost] on the prowl for anything authentically CRACKER JACKS like the tin...one of my boys [grown up in their 50's] always loved Cracker Jacks so I often lip in some CJ for him at Christmastime. ..a fun post.

Christina Paul said...

So fun and charming for Summer!

Junkchiccottage said...

Love!!!!! Another wonderful vignette from the queen of vignettes. Awesome. Love this one.
Kris

Patti said...

I just love that you mixed the nautical with the Americana - so perfect! Your mantel is wonderful!

Tea in the Library said...

Everything came together perfectly. The banner is perfect. Makes me think of yachting and sailing pennants.

Unknown said...

Your mantle is adorable! I love the bucket with the flags and that banner is just perfect!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your summer mantel...everything looks great!! Love it!!
~Cindy

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Such a creative summer mantle! I really like how you picked out each individual piece. It's not overly coordinated so each piece is able to shine. Love the sand pail, bunting banner and of course the chalk ware sailor. I only have one piece of chalk ware-a Santa figurine. I would like to collect more in the future. Glad you were able to add the sailor to your nautical collection.

Joy Junktion said...

Because I am re-doing my home office/craft room in a subtle beach/ocean theme I am happily looking for ideas and small pieces to add to my tiny collection! I love this post and how you combined patriotic with the ocean theme. Love your pieces! Blessings, Cindy

Leovi said...

Wonderful pictures, I love those sailors designs !!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So creative! You always do such a good job showcasing all your treasures. Love your festive mantel, Jann.

Stephanie said...

My sweet friend, you and your home are absolutely charming :) I simply love the sailor theme. Thank you, dear Jann, for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann your mantle is darling. So many wonderful vintage pieces. Love it! Have an amazing day! Hugs, Jo

Cynthia said...

Pretty touches and I think the vintage Cracker Jack tin is so cool. The anchor on the pizza paddle is too cute

Cindy

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wonderful display! I love so many things... I don't know where to start! LOL.

The ice cream bucket .... a win!
The muslin flags..........a win!

And sea glass... what a find! WIN WIN!

Thank you for sharing it with us. :) And thank you for chatting with me (for Let's Talk Vintage!) about your Mom's curio and the crystal bell. Love those stories.


Rose L said...

All ready for July 4th! I have never seen a Cracker Jack can before!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Jann you are the best ! This is so cute! I just started pulling ideas together for a nautical and patriotic table. Love that little sailer guy!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How sweet and wonderful for you to look at everyday of the summer! I love each little part of it!

Melissa said...

Jann, what a charming mantle vignette! I love your little chalk sailor!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely vignette Jann! That little sailor boy is adorable!

Unknown said...

Jann, I love your seaside display, it really floats my boat! ;)
Love the anchor on the bread board, what a great idea!
Everything is beautiful!
Hugs, Kimberley

Donna Wilkes said...

How delightful is your sailing mantel. Love the sailor and the tin bucket.

Benita said...

Jann, I love the nautical theme...it looks gorgeous! AND I love that song...Styx was one of my favorite bands growing up!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your nautical vignettes for Independence Day are charming. Super idea! I'm linking over from Common Ground.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Instagram