A Berry Cherry Tea. . .

Hello my friends, won't you join me for a
 Berry Cherry Tea?
 
Today I have my 9 year old granddaughter, Paityn so I decided that we would have tea time for a morning snack.

On Saturday I decorated my kitchen in a fruit/vegetable theme.

Tins with a retro fruit motif take center stage on the table.  I have had the round cake carrier for years.  The picnic tin is a new purchase from World Market.  Had to have it after Sharon from Blue Willow House showed it on her blog.
 
 
I brought my grain sack stool in from outside to add a little height.  On top is a tin with a cute fruit label and my little cherry gal made by Magpie Ethyl
 
 
I love and collect cherry dishes so I brought a few of them up from my basement kitchen for this berry cherry tea.
 

I love it when you start with one thrift find and in a few years a collection has evolved.
 
Years ago I found a bowl with this design.  Loved it and brought it home.  It would be years later before I would find another piece.  When a new thrift shop, Tags opened in our area I scored the little creamer for $1.  Then I found one plate at another thrift.  Imagine my excitement when I scored 3 more plates all on the same day.
Now for the most bizarre coincidence.  Joanne, a friend I met on Instagram came to my 'Meet and Greet' and gifted me with the teapot.  Mind you, she had no idea that I had other pieces.
 

(this is the back side of the table)
 
Paityn loved the little teapot that I picked up at Fleaology a couple weeks ago.
 
 
 
 
When you have more than one cute cherry teapot it's hard to choose which to use.  But in the end.  The child's teapot won out because it had a basket to hold the wild strawberry herbal tea that I am drinking today.
 
 
 
 
  
I put a bit of the tea in this diffuser, but it was slow to flavor the water)
 
Isn't it a gorgeous red color?  And what a delicious mild strawberry flavor!

 
I help in the nursery on Sundays at our church.  Sunday evening one of my little nursery boys brought me by some no bake oatmeal cookies and a picture he colored just for me.  :)
 
had a few left for tea.
 
 
 
 
This cute teacup was another thrift find.   

 
 
I love the fun saying inside!  While carrying it upstairs the lid fell and broke.  :(  Accidents happen.
 
 
Paityn drank her lemon limeade drink out of this cup.
 
polka dots, checks, and cherries.
It doesn't get much better than this!
 
 
It's always fun to enjoy tea with one of my grands!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
This post was featured at J & J Cooking and Crafting.  Thanks Julie and Jess!
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 



 


 

38 comments

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love your tea time with your cute granddaughter! The cherry China is just beautiful! I would love to have you join my Cooking and Crafting with J & J party I Co-Host on Mondays! Thanks Jann and wishing you a nice week.
See you Thursday.
Julie xo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very "cheery" table wear! Makes me smile.
warmly,
deb

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a delightful tea time with Paitlyn - making precious memories together.

I adore your collections, Jann! Hugs! ♥

Linda W. said...

I love all your teapots! And your cherry dishes. You have a very cute granddaughter.

Patti said...

Oh my - this is the cutest and cherriest tablesetting. What fun to spend teatime with your granddaughter. I have the same dishes - and a similar story. I need to get them out!

Kim said...

It seems to me that your place is the place to be for a 'grand' tea party. Love the red and white theme, polka dots, cherries, strawberry jug....they are all gorgeous!

Gina said...

Now this is a sweet tea with a sweet girl! You know I share your love for cherry dishes, so I enjoyed seeing all your pretty pieces. This is definitely my "cup of tea."

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, what a great story of how you started this collection and the serendipitous way you received the teapot! I love your cherry collection, and it always reminds me of you when I see cherries in vintage items. So sad your lid broke! Your little Paiytn looks adorable holding that teapot.

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a fun tea party. Your dishes are so colorful and bright.

Jeannie Marie said...

It was so fun scrolling through, I have a black and white checkered tablecloth like yours and it does make a wonderful backdrop for so many cute dishes!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, thanks so much for sharing your tea time at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J. So nice to have you join in! Have a nice day and see you Thursday.

Susie said...

Jann, I love your morning tea party. I think your g.daughter did well pouring too. You have the cutest things. I love the red on the bl/wh cloth. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Junkchiccottage said...

Too sweet Jann. Your granddaughter is adorable. What special memories you are creating for her.
Have a wonderful day.
Kris

Dana Bishop said...

Jann you do red better than anyone I know! I love the cherry theme. I'm sure Paityn felt very indulged by Gramma, and I'm sure you valued the one on one time. Hugs, Dana

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

What a lovely tea party for you and Paityn. Thanks for the shout out about the picnic basket! sb

Art and Sand said...

I can't pick a favorite. I love each and every little piece you spotlighted.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Such a sweet summer teatime with your granddaughter. So fun to hear about how you acquired your cherry teaware collection.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jann, I can just hear Paityn's squeal of delight over this charming tea setting. All the pieces are so cheerful and what fun to find all those pieces in one day. The little pot with its red cover is adorable! Love the cherry/berry theme; very juicy! Thanks for sharing at my little tea party and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Tea time is so much more fun when you have all the great dishes and teapots that you do! I just love the red and white theme of it all. So fresh!

Kim said...

You even have red tea!!! Well, now, Jann, you just raised the bar! ;) Fabulous!

living from glory to glory said...

What a lovely setting and a cute little girl for tea, who could ask for anything more?? How are you sweet friend? Summer is always so busy, yet I make time to enjoy it in the early mornings before it gets too hot!
Blessings, Roxy

Margie said...

How cute! I love hearing about your serendipitous finds while thrifting!

Cathy, 1929 Charmer Cottage said...

Gosh what pretty dishes you have! Love all the patterns and a very cute cup to sip lemonade in. Tea parties, what fun!

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

What a berry special tea party, Jann! Paityn is such a sweetie! I love her name and the way she spells it. All of your cherry treasures made a perfect setting for today's special tea! ♡

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh what fun you and Paitlyn had at your cherry themed tea, Jann! She's a doll!! I recently ordered some Adagio teas and I am quite pleased with them. You sure have such pretty vintage things and darling cherry pieces. What a fun visit!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

How fun Jann to share this with your sweet grand. She is beautiful. Your setting is darling. What is it with Grandmas serving in the nursery. I serve with four other ladies that are Grandmas except I teach mine. lol I guess I didn't get it right the first time around. lol Have a great day. Hugs, Jo

cynthia lee designs said...

Your post today brought back memories of when my granddaughter was little and we would have tea parties. She is 15 years old now...and we do shopping trips with lunch out. The sure do grow up fast!!
hugs,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have a tea party with one of your grandchildren! Paitlyn is so precious and I know she must have enjoyed this time with you. With a gorgeous tea set to boot!

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness I would have loved to have been at this tea party! So bright and colorful. I know your grandgirl had a ball! So sweet! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Unknown said...

A pretty tea with a very pretty lady! Your grand daughter is adorable~

Jonell w Harrison said...

the wonderful colorful retro style pieces remind me of some I saw recently at World Market..no reason not to mix it up with our older things..absolutely loving it.

Winnie said...

How cute!! I'd love to join you and your lovely granddaughter in this tea party :) I'd bring the cookies

Jess said...

This looks like so much fun! SO cute!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Ruthie Miller said...

I love all of your Cherry pieces. The are all so Cheery. Sweet tea with a sweet girl.
Best, Ruthie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a darling little tea party! Love it cherry much!

Stephanie said...

My sweet friend, how absolutely delightful! The cherry theme is just too sweet. Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - you're a doll! Hugs to you!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann Happy Monday. I featured you at Cooking and Crafting with J & J for you tea time post. Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again. Have a nice day.
Julie xo

Bernideen said...

All your cherry and strawberry items are darling. I am sure they love you in the nursery!!! Thanks for sharing your treasures.

Instagram