Springing Out onto the Porch. . .

Hello my friends,
It's been a long cold winter for us Utahans.  Many of us were beginning to wonder if Spring would ever come.
 
But the last few days have been absolutely gorgeous!  Temps in the upper 60's and expected to reach the upper 70's next week.
 
Well, I have had a bad case of spring fever and I couldn't help but to spring outdoors!
 
I love Ranunculus, Primroses, Snapdragons, and Pansies for spring.
 
A trip to the grocers, and a nursery and I'm ready for spring planting!
 
 
You know me, a lover of the unexpected!
 
Planting in pots is fine.  Very pretty indeed!  But, nothing makes me happier than a planter of a different sort.
 
Like this metal colander once used for canning.  It didn't sell at the last estate sale, so I decided to buy it and put it to good use.  :)
 
My sweet aqua bunny liked it so much he asked to sit next to it.
 
 
 
 
 
My buckets are back hanging from the pulley.  This time filled with spring blooms instead of bulbs.
"Buckets of Blooms"

 
And yes, there is a pot or two.  I added a little piece of metal fencing to the urn.  The combination of that and the flowering cabbage makes me think of Mr. McGregor.
 
 
The old door in the corner wanted to join the fun. I planted a Snapdragon in a watering can and some pansies in this rustic metal scoop.  They will be much prettier as they fill out.
 
 
 
Hubby helped me harvest my pussy willows today so I added some to my cream separator.
 
 
I haven't finished decorating all of the porch, but I did add a new wreath to the door.  Easiest thing I've ever done!  I bought this paper flower wreath at T.J. Maxx in St. George.  All I did is add a bow made from that brown paper that is often used in packing.  My friend, Ann and I spied a bunch of it in a bag heading to the garbage at another T.J. Maxx.  Ann asked the employee if we could have it and she was more than happy to oblige.



I added bits of lace and next week I'll hang something for Easter in the middle.
I'm loving the simplicity of it.  And yes, I also love that the bow is a bit wild and crazy!  Kind of like me.  (wink)
 

 
I hope you're enjoying some warm spring weather of your own!
 
 
 
hugs,
Jann
 
 
 

26 comments

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love your Spring porch!! Looks so pretty!!
We are supposed to be hit by a Nor'easter on Tuesday that may dump a foot of snow on us in addition to the 5 inches of snow we got on Friday...... No sign of Spring here......Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Daniela said...

What lovely Spring vignettes are welcoming your guests, darling Jann, I so love your wreath at your fron door, it's really beautiful !

Wishing you a most wonderful Sunday and new week ahead,
with sincere thankfulness

XOXO Dany

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely post!I love gardening too!Hugs, Maristella.

mimi_62 said...

None better then you! Love it all!

Stacey said...

Jann your porch always inspires! I bet your neighbors just love driving by. We have a neat old pulley that I'm definitely going to use as you did on our new porch. ;)

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Sweetie! Stopped in to say hi and a happy early spring. I see that you're already decked out for spring with your porch decor. Me...I'm just in the planning stages, but I've been doing some spring cleaning which is not nearly as much fun. I hope to get back into blogging now after my long break and will definitely be popping in to see you.
Hugs,
Cindy

organicgardendreams said...

Hi Jann, I loved to see a garden post from you! So happy for you that spring finally comes to Utah!
I am really impressed by your creative use of repurposed containers. Everything looks so pretty and fresh with all the spring flowers.
I think everyone who comes to your front door will have a smile on his/her face because you decorated it so lovingly! I certainly enjoyed seeing it!
Warm regards,
Christina

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Oh Jann, your porch is inspiring. It's so hard to hold off planting, but we always get a freeze or snow around Easter. Love the use of that strainer as a pot!

Kim said...

It all looks so good, Jann!! I am itching to do some decorating of my own, but the recent and impending snow has kept me from doing anything. I am hoping there is just one more blast and then it will be pansy time!! Yours look lovely!

Connie said...

Your porch looks so welcoming. As for the canning colander, I am looking for one, LOL. Don't need it until late August so wish me luck. I'll check and see if they still sell them new, because want it for canning :)

rush said...

Here in southeastern, near-coastal North Carolina, we had a surprise snow!!! It snowed for a couple of hours, then it sleeted and rained. No way we could have planted anything outside. We'll have to wait a little while longer. We did, however, bring in the daffodils to enjoy indoors, because they wouldn't survive the pelting and cold. I think Spring took a break, but it will be back in about a week or so.

I'm glad you could plant. I especially like your strainer planter. You planted some of the plants I like, too, like the primrose. I haven't had one for awhile. Maybe I'll look for one. And, the green bunny!!! I would love to have that for my house!

Best wishes...Fonda

Nancy said...


Love your pussy willow. I have some in a brown transfer pitcher, and they must be at least ten years. I think it is time to buy some new ones.

Rose L said...

I am soooo eager for spring blossoms and weather and planning lots of outings with my camera! Already seeing a few pops of color.

20 North Ora said...

Jann - Love all of your Spring inspiration! Your wreath is darling and love those pussy willows.

Judy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Been meaning to bring my bunnies out since the beginning of March but it keeps snowing here! Thanks for sharing your Spring pretties so I can dream ahead of warmer weather!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Love all you unusual potting containers. I have that same strainer it will be put to use outdoors this year. It has been warm here but it is getting cold again this week but hopefully this is winter's last hooray.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Jann your beautiful and creative soul is shining through with these great ways to plant some flowers for Spring. Love every one. Oh how I wish I were planting some flowers but we are getting snow tomorrow ughh!
So it will be a little bit before we in the midwest can get the planters out. All of your planters are so unique and fun and pretty.
Happy New Week.
Kris

Kim said...

Your porch is oozing Springtime loveliness. I would expect nothing else than blossoms planted in all manner of beautiful and interestng objects, lovely Jann. It looks as if Spring is beginning to dance all the way up there.

Susie said...

Jann, I love how it is looking like spring on your porch. :):) I am ready for it here. Spring actually was here then departed for a few days and it snowed today. Nothing heavy just slick roads..Which I do not like. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love the porch Jann. Everything looks terrific with all your pretty flowers.

So glad that you are having some warm weather. We have been experiencing some very warm weather. In the 80's almost everyday last week and today. Hope that it doesn't stay that way. Feels like summer instead of Spring.

Have a great week.

Hugs,
Mary

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous arrangement and beautiful porch! Oh, I'm longing for spring today but it bitter cold here. We just made it home from New England a day ahead of the blizzard! So I'm soaking up all the spring in photos like yours and delighted you are having good weather at long last. Maybe we'll join you soon!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Ha ha ha ha warm spring weather? Not even close!! How about a BLIZZARD??? I'm jealous looking at all your photos of flowers, how lovely!

Julie@Cut Off in the Keweenaw said...

You have some of the coolest little treasures. Tell that aqua bunny to hop on over to my house!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the Spring porch! Seems we are going to get a 5 hour freeze tonight! My peach trees are blooming and I noticed my mini azaleas are already blooming. Looks like we will be covering things up tonight at my house. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Hi Jann! Love your buckets of blooms. I know if I plant anything, it will probably snow the next day! Ha. Hugs, Pat

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your porch looks so welcoming with all those flowers!

Instagram