A little Bit of Green. . .

Hello my friends,
ten or so years ago I decided that I would downsize a little and did away with my St. Patty's Day décor.
 
It doesn't stop me from decorating with a little bit of green for the month of March.
 
I gathered some of my favorite greens for a spring garden themed vignette.
 


My small collection of green depression glass on a vintage hammered metal tray.

 
The two larger plates were recently gifted to me by a dear friend.  The other items I picked up at yard and estate sales,
and thrift shops.
 


This morning I texted the kids wondering if anyone was up for a 'Green' dinner.  A couple of the kids too.  As luck would have it they already had their meals planned.  I just baked bread, made fresh limes to drink and green beans almondine. 
They did all the rest.
 
Our daughter, Karrah had put corned beef in the crock pot before going to work this morning.  Later she added carrots, potatoes, and cabbage.  YUM!  So delicious!
 

 
Samantha made the traditional Colcannon Irish mashed potatoes.
Buttery and so delish!

 
I set a simple table with my green and white striped plates atop cabbage placemats.

 
I missed getting a photo of the bread I baked today, but this is photo is of my 1st attempt with my sour dough starter.  Today's bread was even more yummy than the first.  I added dried herbs and sunflower seeds to the round artisan loaf.
 
 
 
 
 The fresh lime sodas were served in pint jars.

 
Karrah made cupcakes and Sam made Irish shortbread cookies.
DEEElicious!!


I feel so lucky to have such a fun and loving family!
 
May the luck of the Irish be with you today and every day!
 
I have to share this cute thing my cousins daughter
tagged me on fb.
 
 
hugs,
Jann


8 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun dinner and time with family is always special. I love the last bit about the flea market!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love when everyone contributes to a meal and then they all come to me! Sounds delicious. LOVE the saying at the end. I may steal it!

NanaDiana said...

Looks very Irish to me- food and decor. I gave away most of my Irish collection/collectibles, too. Sometimes I wish I had them back but I am glad my kids are enjoying them. xo Diana

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Your family dinner looks delicious. Homemade bread is the best. I did very little in the way of decorating for St. Patrick's day this year so I've got to pull out all the stops for Easter.

20 North Ora said...

Jann - Everything looks so delicious. Can you tell me more about the potatoes? LOVE the quote.

Judy

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I needed a good laugh. Thanks for that blessing.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

What a great St. Pat's meal you had. So much fun vintage green too! You are indeed lucky to have the fun and loving family that you have, what a treasure. Cute little saying too!

Jeanie said...

I think you did more with your decor than I did, Jann. But I did join you in the cooking. Everything you served looks delicious and I'll bet it tasted just as good as it looked!

Instagram