Tulip Time!

Hello my friends, as you all know; Easter is a bit late this year.
 
After the Valentines décor was tucked away I felt it was a tad too early to start pulling out the chicks and bunnies.
 
So for that in between time I decided that I would be in Dutch!
Did you ever say that when you were young and afraid of being in trouble? 
 
But this Dutch was no trouble at all. . .in fact, I am in Dutch heaven! 
 
This time worn Dutch cookie jar caught my eye at the first estate sale I hosted in my home.
 
 
I knew he would be perfect for the center of our kitchen table.  I also had the perfect book I had picked up at a thrift shop that had a sweet Holland scene on the front cover.  Well, I put it in a special place.  You know, those places that you will be sure to remember, and don't?  lol!  Yup, I have not been able to find it since.
 
But, as luck would have it.  Look what I found on my last trip to get more treasures for the second estate sale that I am hosting this weekend.  A sweet Tulip Time children's book. 

 
 Not only the book, but the perfect tablecloth!  Geez, I think I might be my own best customer.  :)


A stop to a thrift shop helped me find another necessary item for Dutch heaven.  Some fun clogs in the perfect colors.  Marked $10, but because they had been there a couple of weeks they
 came down to $7.

 
Red and yellow tulips from the grocers, a sweet little hand towel, and my two new treasures were placed into a cute strawberry cart I bought a few years ago at an antique shop.  The owner told me that it would hold a flat of strawberries and that they would roll it down the row as they picked.  I thought it was just about the cutest thing I ever did see!
 
 


If you ask me, Tulip Time is mighty fine!
 
Yup, I'm in Dutch heaven!!
 
You might remember that I added extra crystals to the chandy for Valentines.  A little too fancy for this centerpiece, but honestly; I haven't had a minute to take them off.



 
Won't be long till the chicks, bunnies, and ducks take center stage. 
Bulbs will be blooming, and trees will be blossoming.
Can't wait!!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 

22 comments

Louca por porcelana said...

Love all your pretty pieces! The tulips are wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Hugs,Maristella.

Stacey said...

It was meant to be Jann and it all looks adorable together. ;)

Happy@Home said...

Serious cuteness happening on your table. The cover of that book is so sweet and that strawberry cart is awesome. So nice to know it's intended purpose. I have a few Dutch treasures in my attic. I think I'll dig them out this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

That's adorable Jann! Isn't it fun creating and staging? Have a great day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute! It is amazing when the thrift store has just the right treasure! So fun.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

You found some good treasures, that book oh wow!

Connie said...

Jann, you blow my mind, you have the right treasure for every occasion . . . these are adorable. Also your tulips are the first that I've seen in blog-land this year . . . tulips are so pretty. I wish they lasted all summer, but then that might take some of the specialness away from them . . . oh, maybe not, LOL.

Rose L said...

You have ideas for all seasons, holidays and themes! You also have so much energy! Keep going girl!!

Sandi Magle said...

Love this idea, and it's perfect for the time of year. So reminds me of my mom's kitchen decor in the early 1950's. She always had a yellow kitchen. Fun post, Thanks, Sandi

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Everything looks so perfect for Springtime, plus lots of happy nostalgia to enjoy. Perfectly cheerful!

Adrienne said...

=) Makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

The tulips treasures are delightful! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Cindy Lou said...

Omg ! So adorable !!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love it all, Jann! That little cart is the cutest thing ever!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You're just too cute, Jann, and your Dutch vignette is adorable. I love the strawberry cart and all your great finds. You made me laugh when you said that you're your own best customer!

Tamara said...

What a sweet vignette, Jann. You are the Queen of vignettes in my book! They are always so lovely and charming.. All your sunny yellows and reds are so bright and cheerful! Have a lovely weekend sweet friend!

Hugs..
Tamara

happyone said...

The tulips are lovely and I love your Dutch cookie jar.
I hadn't though about Easter yet and just realized that yes, you're right it is late this year.
Maybe we won't even have snow! : )

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I don't know...bunnies would be awfully cute with those tulips!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So precious! I wouldn't know where to start to decorate Dutch, but I love it! You do have all the perfect pieces to put together.

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful collection, Jann! Tulips are one of my favorites -- that's a terrific combo -- shoes and books and a tablecloth too!

Sorry for the late visit! All the baby love is making my life a whirl!

The Charm of Home said...

Great idea for spring. I like your wooden shoes. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Diana said...

Beautiful arrangement, Jann--I'm in love with your strawberry cart and those wooden shoes are just fab :) Thanks for linking up with us at Vintage Charm!

Instagram