A Dish Addicts Christmas. . .

>Hello my friends,
today is my turn to host our 'Creating Christmas"
 link party.

So let's see what you dish addicts have to share!

Link up your favorite Christmas dishes, tablescapes, and even a favorite dish you like to make.

Just a little reminder that there will be no SYC this week.  It will return on Dec. 20th.
I have been counting the days until it was my turn.  Well, to be honest; I'm lucky to have a post ready.  It has been a trying day.  We laid our little grand babe to rest with a very nice graveside service.  A luncheon was held at our home afterwards.
and
On top of that I am sicker than a dog!  lol!  That saying always makes me laugh.  How on earth can we ever tell how sick a dog really is?
Anyway, my head is pounding as I type. . .but, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!  :)
I am the first to admit that I am a bonafide 'Dish Addict'

Happily, I know that I am not alone!  (wink)

Here at the Olson home dishes are used for much more than eating.

I have so many seasonal dishes and I love using them in my displays.  Perfect spot for some Shiny Brites, don't you agree?


Recently I hosted a bridal shower with the theme of "Yes Deer".  I will share it in a later post. 
That got me thinking that I needed to give my kitchen a '50's' vibe.

So out came the Pioneer Women dishes from my glass front cupboards and in went the Pyrex.  I added just a wee touch of Christmas.


What cupboard wasn't filled with Pyrex in the 50's?


I had no idea I had amassed so many!  I've picked them up a few at a time.  Some sets aren't complete, because I am not willing to pay big bucks for them.

I had more than the cupboard would hold so I filled my bowl stand with more of my aqua ones.  I love red and aqua together!



One of my favorite dishes that I have collected is my jadite.

We love getting together and playing games with friends and family during the holidays so I opted not to set our table this year.

Instead I stacked them. . .

 

filled them. . .



and created vignettes with them.



I have a terrible weakness for cake stands. . .oh my gosh!  Don't even ask me how many I have!


Other dishes were used for displays as well.  I loved this vintage bowl with the Poinsettia motif.  Just so happens that I had an old ornament and postcard with one too.  (wink) 




I found the Tom and Jerry mugs a few years ago.  I was thrilled when I found this bowl at a thrift shop.  When I got it out this year they didn't match.  Still a fun bowl!  I sat it on a stack of Mary Englebreit Christmas books.

As much as I am loving red with my jadite this year, the red lover in me had to have a cupboard filled with red and white dishes too.

Some are vintage, some are not.  Doesn't bother me in the least.


Now, raise your hand if you are a dish addict too.  Oh yes, I see a few hands raised.  lol!

Thank goodness!  I was worried that no one would
 show up to the party.

Speaking of party. . .
On Friday Katie Let's Add Sprinkles will be sharing her 'Nordic Christmas'.  She has such an eye for design.  Hop over and link up any little thing that has a bit of a Nordic feel.

All parties will remain open until Dec. 24th. 
Continue to link your darling posts.

Debby for 'A Shabby Christmas'

Carol for 'A Homemade Christmas'

Cecilia for 'A Rustic and Romantic Christmas'


Merry Christmas,
Jann




20 comments

Jocelyne said...

Whoa! I love your dishes, love how you display them and love the RED. Love, love, love ... what else can I say?

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann your dish collection is so amazing. I love mid century dishes. It been a lovely party! Thank you for hosting and sharing these lovely homes.
xoxo Jo

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love seeing all your MANY dishes Jann (a wonderful and varied collection indeed).

Sending you and your family prayers, hugs, love today.

Joy

Kristin White Arrows Home said...

How fun is it to share and see others Dishes!! My collection started with one piece of Spode Christmas Tree from my god father as a little girl and a piece added each year let me have a wonderful collection when I started my own home! Thanks for hosting the fun! ~ Kristin www.whitearrowshome.com

Curtains in My Tree said...

I like the jadite cake plate and had one for one day when my daughter dropped it and broke it in many pieces

Louca por porcelana said...

What a beautiful collection!My favorite is the jadite dishes,wonderful!

Jeanie said...

My name is Jeanie and I am a dish addict. And if I can ever get my act together and post some of them, I will feel very happy indeed.

Meanwhile, I revel in the joy of all yours! So festive and such fun!

PC said...

I am a dish addict too. I love Fostoria American and collect holiday dishes. i really am not sure of how much I have. It is a family trait and my oldest daughter has it too. I enjoyed your post today.

Laurel Stephens said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I've enjoyed seeing your collection today and all the tours. I'm bowled over (haha) by your dish collection! I'm off to share this with my daughter who collects vintage corning ware. She's in for a treat!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann my heart goes out to you and your dear family,a very hard day for you all,sending you a big hug my friend and i hope you are feeling better now.
Oh my i love your dishes and those pyrex bowls are stunning,oh i do love your collection,hope you have a lovely day Jann xx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jan I am a dish person also and your vignettes and displays make me so happy. I've had to downsize so many of my things but still have lots of dishes to use for all occasions!

I am so sorry for the loss of the little one. Such a hard day for all. My heart goes out to you all. Hugs!

Katie Mansfield said...

I'm so sorry about your precious grand baby. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm a total dish addict. I'll link my tablescapes as soon as they are ready. Thanks for hosting and asking me to be a part of this fun party.

happyone said...

Wow you have quite a collection!!

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

My name is Debby, I am a dish addict also! I love how you showed them off with all your Christmas! I have had so much fun seeing everyone's beautiful decorations a Christmas open house for all beautiful blogger's! Merry Christmas!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Salmagundi said...

Sorry I'm late in posting my Dish Addict post today. My dishes and I have been busy with 14 for a soup luncheon today ---- and not a paper plate in sight. My dishwasher is on its second run!! But like I always say, "Why have them if you don't use them?" It was fun as always, and people seem to enjoy real dishes and silverware. Your vignettes with dishes are always special -- this post is great. Thanks for hosting this fun week. Sally

Janet G. said...

I'm so very sorry about the sadness in your family, Jann. Thank you so much for taking time to make this little gathering available on such a difficult day. I just love seeing all your wonderful treasures... being a 'dish addict' myself, don't-cha-know! :) Wishing you and your family peace at Christmastime.

NanaDiana said...

Oh! I loved this post. I, too, am a dish addict and am trying to recover from my addiction! lol I gave away several pieces this year but could not give up a single set of my china yet. Sigh....what can I say? Dishes make me happy!!!! xo Diana

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jann, through it all, grief and loss, sickness, your huge health battle, you keep going. Big virtual hug. Love this post because I share your addiction to dishes. It's genetic, I think, can't be helped! PS My mother had that that Tom & Jerry set, think it was 6 little mugs and a bowl.

My thrift store addiction said...

Oh Jann, your post made this dishaholic smile! Vintage ornaments and vintage dishes pair so nicely, don't they? I'll be by later to link up! Hugs, Cecilia

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Goodness woman! Is there a 12-step program for dishaholics hahahaha! Your collections are SO beautiful! I don't have any but I admit a particular fondness for jadite as my grandpa always served us cake and tea with his. Boy I wish I had that stuff now!

Instagram