A Homemade Christmas

Hello my friends and welcome to day 2 of
"Creating Christmas"
Today we will be linking up our 'Homemade Christmas' over at Carol's Art and Sand
Carol is always whipping up something fabulous.  Whether it be her wire creations, sweet hearts, etc.  Her hands are never idol!
I know that many of you are like me and just have the need to 'create'  :)
I have always been a tinkerer.  Playing around with vintage items is one of my favorite things to do.
Last year I created this Christmas scene on a large tart tin glued to a candlestick base.

I love using little trinkets and old tins!


And Santa mugs seem to be the perfect vessel for a
bottle brush tree.

I often find myself picking up tacky old greenery and picks at thrift stores.  Just something about them take me back in time.  This little basket took all but a few minutes to create.



I've shared my Ornament Tree that I made this year a lot.  Thought I'd share the wreath I made last year.


I love pretty fabrics and enjoy seeing them come together in a quilt.  This is actually the back side.  The front is squares of all different red and white fabrics.  I love dots and it worked perfectly with my dotty garland hanging on our staircase.

I've shared this quilt a lot.  I made it about 10 years ago.  I adore red work embroidery.



This stocking quilt is very warm and cozy.  Perfect for wrapping up in on a cold winters night.


This is a small table topper in the 'crazy quilt' pattern.  I love the fabrics!



I love paper as much as I love fabric!  Although, I don't work with it nearly as much as I use to.

Last year two friends and my sister in law swapped pages to make a fun Christmas photo album.


I've added some photos, but continue to add more.  This is one of my favorite photos of our granddaughter, Taylor.  She is 18 now.


Jordyn is 16 now, but never too old to sit on Santas lap.  (wink)




I love creating gifts for my friends.





I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the things that I love creating.
Everything is always better when it's homemade!

What's your favorite thing to make?



Remember that you can still link up your 'Shabby Christmas' over at Debby's blog Debby Goes Shabby

and tomorrow we will be linking our 'Rustic and Romantic Christmas' with Cecilia at  My Thrift Store Addiction

All links will remain open until December 24th, so please keep those posts coming!

Merry Christmas!
Jann

16 comments

Susie said...

Jann, I love all the little scenes you have made on top of tins, the seasoning tins too. It's pretty at your house. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Salmagundi said...

I always love seeing your creations. It was nice to revisit your paper books --- I love them, but just don't seem to have that in me. Guess I should try again! Yes, I need another creative outlet??????? Thanks for hosting this week of Christmas goodness.

Connie said...

I agree with Susie . . . I love those little spice boxes.
I also look forward to seeing your Christmas quilt each year, it is beautiful:)
Merry Christmas!
Connie :)

Louca por porcelana said...

Jann,,you are so creative!You did a great job!Love especially your pretty garland and your gorgeous quilt!Hugs!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann coming to your blog is like a craft store for me. So much inspiration. Love, love your quilts and the one on your bed is amazing. The gifts you made for your friends are so darling and unique. The linky Christmas party is great. Have a merry day!
xoxo Jo

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

That red quilt is gorgeous! You have inspired me.

Curtains in My Tree said...


Your red trim quit will never go out of style, I absolutely love the cottage cheese cups filled with the bottle brush trees etc and your spice tins are adorable, I made a few but didn't add as much snow so must go back and sprinkle some on mine.

Jacqueline said...

Ahh, I forgot about the photo album! We have to add that to our list of crafts.
You definitely love to create. You amaze me with all you do!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann what beautiful projects you have made,i love your red work quilt ,think i have that pattern,seeing yours now makes me want to start on mine,hope you have a lovely day xx

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
I love all your creative vintage whimsy. Everything is so sweet. Love the spice box little guys. So cute. Have a great and fun week.
Kris

cloches and lavender said...

Jan, you're so creative and I tell you often you have great collections. The spice tins are SO cute.

Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I am so glad that you love creating and tinkering because you are so good at it!! Everything you have created is perfectly cute. I just love the spice tins all sparkled up. I am waiting for one thing to come in the mail to finish my decorating so I can write my post for the Rustic and Romantic link up. Thanks for keeping it open till the 24th!

Rose L said...

I adore the bed quilt!!! Lovely items

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Where on earth do I begin!!?? You are just about the most creative person I know - your mind must never shut down. I too love all the vintage picks - things others would probably pass by haha! The spice cans . . . goodness!! Those are my favorite!! So so cute!!

Art and Sand said...

I love all your creativity. I wish I lived close enough to crash your craft groups some time.

Hope all is going well with your family. I know this has been a difficult few weeks and I'm thinking of you.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

You are so talented. There is so much to love here. That old tin turned upside down with the little village is the cutest. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas.

Instagram