Birdie Bath. . .

The other day I was sitting out under the pergola. I glanced over at our pondless waterfall and noticed that a Robin had landed on one of the rocks.
IMG_6822
The next thing I knew the cute thing started taking a bath.
It was so fun to watch as he splashed around and totally covered himself in water.
IMG_6824
Then he hopped back up on the rock and began drying himself. He would puff up and shake and then rub his head over his breast. I just kept snap, snap, snapping pics.  Dummy me, afterwards I thought, “why didn’t I video it”.  It really was so fun to watch

IMG_6821
It was clear to me that this little birdie enjoys his bath as much as this gal does.
Yes, I take a bubble every night.  Just seems to relax me and I sleep much better.
I thought I would share my birdie bath with you.  Now, it wouldn’t be a birdie bath without a few birdie items.  These two small windows are above the mirror.
IMG_6837
They are filled with a few vintage and new treasures.  My framed nest, a cute white pitcher, sweet tins with birds and French graphics, a few vintage bottles, and one old talcum powder tin.
Birdie Bath Window
These are housed on the ledge at the back of my jetted tub.
IMG_6842
I bought this garland one Christmas to hang over the tub.  I hung glittery stars down from it.  I decided that I liked it so much that I ended up leaving it up.
IMG_6841
I found the heart mirror turned tray at the D.I.  I filled it with thrift items.  The old shaker holds baby powder, a blondes best friend. the miniature turquoise manicure set I bought at an estate sale. I thought it was so cute. Blue Waltz perfume brings back memories. I remember walking to Ben Franklins to buy me a bottle when I was in 6th grade.
Bathroom tray
Doesn’t this look so old fashioned?
Bathroom tray 2
In the commode room I have a shelf with more treasures.  An old curling iron and bobbies.  A girls gotta look her best.
The darling little wire birdcage I bought at a gift shop in WI.  It’s just mini and I have it hanging from my towel bar.
shelf in bath
This birdcage sits on the floor by the toilet.  Always planned on hanging from a hook in the corner of the room.  Ah, that was over 2 years ago. lol!
IMG_6860
My friend, Ann gave me this cute bird filled with bath salts.
IMG_6849
IMG_6840
Décor on top of cabinets.
IMG_6839
IMG_6850
Instead of curtains, a simple postcard valance.
IMG_6882
IMG_6843IMG_6848IMG_6856
IMG_6858
IMG_6859
I know that’s a whole lot of bird items.  Like my 11 year old grand daughter, Jordyn said, “Grandma, if you have a theme you go all out”.  Gotta admit, the girl knows what she’s talkin about.
Hugs,
Jann
I will be sharing my birdie bath with:
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Smiling Sally for Blue Monday

http://www.ajoyfulcottage.com/2014/04/every-room-in-house-party-4.html

25 comments

Cynthia said...

Neat pictures.

Cynthia

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm loving the photos you took of the adorable Robin at your waterfall..just heart warming and a beautiful scene. Lovely features and thank you for having me SOOO LATE at your fun party!! I'm late this days for everything.
FABBY

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You know how much I love All Things Bird - so your post is delightful! Esp that robin, how cute is that?

But OMG Blue Waltz Perfume - wow, I haven't thought about that in a lifetime! I loved that! It was so so popular! I don't even remember its scent.

Thanks for the memories, it's nice to know the ole noggin hasn't forgotten too much!

Have a fabulous weekend.

Julie Marie said...

Oh Jann, I just love your "tweet" bird bath... both of them, the Robins and your own... and you have one smart granddaughter there!... hey, if you're gonna do something, might as well go all out!... love it!... I could move into your house and it would suit me to a tee!...we love so many of the same things... Nature is a HUGE part of every day in my life, and I cannot imagine a world without our feathered friends... all of your treasures are so pretty!... I especially love your postcard valance... and the birdnest, and the bottles... well, why don't I just tell you I love it ALL!... xoxo Julie Marie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your room is darling. I love all the bird touches....I have never seen a bird with bath salts in it...cute!

Pamela Gordon said...

Jann you have a lot of really sweet birdie things around your home. I love watching birds bathing in the birdbath. Have a lovely weekend. Pamela

Lady Farmer said...

More proof that we are kindred spirits! I love birds, feed our birds 25 pounds of seed a week in our 8 feeders, and had my bathroom decorated with all things 'bird'! (This spring I moved it all out to the entryway for a change of pace. Hoping to paint the bathroom now!)
So fun to watch that robin splash about, and your birdie bath is just as sweet!
:>

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

Wonderful photos of the robin!
What fun to catch a scene like that!
♥'s
Sherry

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I have been enjoying the birds in my yard so much! They are one of my favorite things in nature! It is great when they enjoy our yards with us! Your birdy bathroom is very tweet!
Blessings,
Susie

Kim said...

Very beautiful and inspiring!

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Love your birds, real and otherwise. I have cardinals who have raised families in my back yard for six years now, and I love to watch them.

NanaDiana said...

Jann- I absolutely love bird items, too. I don't have as many as you have but I have quite a few.

I noticed we had birds "bathing" under the sprinkler here today- Love it.

Your photos are all wonderful- xo Diana

Perfectly Printed said...

From the mouths of babes!! Love the pictures thanks for sharing!!

chris

Ky said...

I wish I would have been there to see the robin bathing in the stream. So cute. I love how you point out every robin you see, you love them so much. Its one of my favorite things about you. Love you Mom

P.S i feel honored that i was the one who "published" this post.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Jann--This post is "for the birds!" lol Really enjoyed it! In the house I lived in before this one, we had a birdbath right outside our sun room. In the mornings, we'd drink our coffee there and enjoy the show. Sometimes there were as many as 5 birds bathing at one time. Always fun to watch. . .

Rose L said...

Cute! I like the look! I like to have guest towels available, so to keep them from taking up lots of room, I roll them and place in a cute metal wine rack which hold 6 of them. Same idea used in the extra bathroom and everyone loves it.

Kim, USA said...

Like your stuff so neat!

Kim,USA

eileeninmd said...

Always cute to watch a bird taking their baths. What a show. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

I love the images of the robin taking a bath. He looks like he was having a good time.

Your other images are simply lovely.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your bathroom blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Jann.

Annesphamily said...

I love all the vintage blues in your bath! What a creative decorator you are. Have a terrific Blue Monday!

Sam I Am...... said...

What a lovely home you have and your granddaughter is right....you go with it!
I get so many ideas just looking at your pictures. Thanks for the tour and the "cupa"!

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Your room is so cute! You are great
with your displays! I love the towel rack with the birds nest and the vintage towel! I'm looking for a unique way to display something in my bathroom and this gives me ideas! My Mom has that shaker bottle with the powder in it (Estee Lauder)! I adore the miniature turquoise manicure set! I have a little bottle of Shalimar that would look cute displayed like your Blue Waltz! Great ideas!

Leah H. said...

Wow, beautiful BLUES!

Visiting for Blue Monday- Hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/06/flamingo-balloon-blues.html

Nancy said...

Such a charming bathroom, Jann. I love that quote from your granddaughter. She really has you pegged, doesn't she? LOL. You bath will be featured at tomorrow's ERITH party. Thanks for sharing! ~ Nancy

Instagram