Share Your Cup Thursday #36 and Group Gifts

Hello my friends,  welcome, happy December, and Merry Christmas! Now that’s a mouthful. lol! Oh what a busy time for us all!  After next week things should slow down a little for me and I am looking forward to a ride in the car to see the Christmas lights.

Today, I wanted to quickly share a couple of group gift ideas.  I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for new ideas.  The first one is simple, been around for a long time, and easy.

My Bunco group always shares some little thing for Christmas.  What makes these jars fun is the SWEET bakers twine and jingle bell.   If you had a friend that loved vintage items.  An old blue jar would be SWEET!

IMG_9136

This is the Sweet Rice Chex Mix.  Super easy!  Melt 1 1/2 cubes of butter with 1 cup Light Karo, and 1 cup sugar.  Bring to a boil.  Pour over 1 box of Rice Chex.

I add mixed nuts, but the recipe calls for blanched peanuts.  Add 1 bag of M & M’s after a few minutes so that they don’t melt.  YUM!

I just LOVE bakers twine, don’t you?  Here’s a fun idea my friend saw on Studio 5. Put your twine in one of those old sugar shakers.  It holds it nicely and the string comes out the pour spout.  I have been picking them up whenever I see them at thrift stores.  Just ordered a set of assorted colors of bakers twine off of Pick Your Plum for $4.95 ea.  That’s a steal!

IMG_9139

And look how easily I can travel with them.

IMG_9140

I hold a stitching group at my home on Thursdays.  This is a little something to exchange.  I painted clipboards ($1.44 at Walmart) with chalk paint.  It did take three coats.  I used the brush on paint from the can.   Adorned with tuelle, flowers, and a little bling they display a message that anyone who sews can relate to.  Very fun, but it did take a while to make 14 of these.

IMG_9141

One flower is a  rolled 1 1/2 inch strip of leftover drop cloth.  The other is a strip of burlap that I just took a needle, ran a stitch down the middle, pulled it up and tied it off.

IMG_9142

Remember, next week is more of our ‘Creating Christmas’ party.  Hope you will join Tracie on the 11th with your ‘Natural’ Christmas and me on the 13th with your ‘Vintage’ Christmas.  Thanks to those who shared their farmhouse style with Cindy!

Santa button 2

Well, I started with 14 links that I wanted to feature this week, but I am going to narrow it down to 5.  Yes, I can do this! To help me I decided I would feature items that were handmade.

I fell head over heals in love with Carlene’s rustic Christmas mantel.  Such creative ideas.  Like the bicycle wheel for cards and the funnel tree. Go see more at Organized Clutter Queen

IMG_5310

Oh, and look at this fun tree made of flower frogs by Once Upon a Firefly, love it!

Frog Tree prickly

Connie from Family Home and Life made these pretty scripture ornaments.  She shows how she did them.  Now folks, you don’t have to cut up your scriptures.  You can copy the page from the Bible that tells of the birth of our Savior.

a scripture ornaments g

There were two darling advent ideas.  I chose to feature Leslie’s from Spoonful of Everything. I had just featured the blog with the other advent last week. Isn’t this just fun? Hop over to see it all!

xmas 12 079

Last but not least is this darling primitive snowman designed and made by Jen from Bayou Quilts.

snowman

Let me tell you, you are all so creative that you make it difficult for a girl to narrow it down.  Thanks so much for sharing your talents.  Love seeing what it is in life that makes you happy. (Fills your cup)

Please grab my button if you were featured.

Stackedcup-1_thumb

Now for a few rules and then let the fun begin!

1. I would love for you to be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
2. Link up a particular post and not your entire blog. Please limit your links to no more than three.
3. Please have a link back to this post. That way others will know where the party is. Feel free to grab my button on the sidebar if you’d like. Only those with links back will be featured.
4. Please find time to visit at least a few other participants. It’s a great way to find new blogs

After you link up I would love for you to leave a comment.  They help to fill my cup!

35 comments

Winnie said...

Thank you Jann for this party!
We don't celebrate Christmas but I like your gift ideas - they could be lovely for our holidays as well, especially the jars

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Jann-Cute gift ideas and great features! Thanks for hosting each week. Now I'm going to check out the other partiers!
-Lynn

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks for the lovely gift ideas & features & for hosting, & God bless!

Stephanie said...

Hello, my friend! I just love your chalkboard clipboards - what a fantastic idea! Thank you for the lovely party and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Connie Nelson said...

Thank you for featuring my Scripture Ornaments! Thanks for hosting :)

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Jann,
Cute gift ideas! Thanks for sharing and for hosting!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Kathe said...

Those gift tags would be perfect for the woodworkers in the family too Jann! Thanks so much for hosting. Have a terrific rest of the week!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for hosting again this week!
So many great ideas!
Enjoy your evening.

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet little gift you have there- I have not tried that exact recipe but I am saving it so I can try it.
Have fun with your group-those are darling little chalk boards- xo Diana

Unknown said...

I am happy to be linking here this week, thanks so much for this wonderful party. Happy wednesday!{Hugs}
alderberryhill@nl.rogers.com

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Thanks for the feature on my Christmas mantel, Jann. I will be there on the 13th too.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jann, those are cute ideas and you have shared some wonderful features. Thanks for hosting and enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Heirloom treasures said...

Hi Jann,some nice ideas here,some I must try. xx

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Jann,
What neat ideas for Christmas gifts! Those jars are so cute! How fun having a Bunco group. I only played once at a RV park in Florida and it was so much fun! Thank you for hosting your party and have a good week.
Nancy

Ann said...

Thanks for hosting, Jann. And, thanks for the feature.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi my sweet friend!
You have been one busy girl. Just look at all those yummy treats. They look so eye appealing with all your cute Christmasey touches. I, too, love baker's twine. I have a roll of red/white and one of turquoise/white. As a matter of fact I realize those are your colors, Jann.
Your stitching group will love your cute signs and enjoy putting them somewhere special in their sewing rooms.
You sure did choose some darling blog features. I do love Christmas. I think it's when all crafters are at their most creative.
Blessings to you, my dear blogging pal.
Carolynn xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann,

Thanks for hostessing. So many wonderful features and links. Everything is looking so festive.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Cottage and Broome said...

Jann, You have lucky Bunco partners. Chex mix is a favorite at our house, we haven't tried the Sweet Chex but it sounds yummy. I always add M & M to our mix too. I love the bakers twine, I need a few more colors! Thanks so much for hosting, Laura

Rob Hunt said...

Thank you for hosting. I am decorating my office/workshop porch, 2nd year running so now it is my 'new' tradition.
Rob

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lovely features. Thank you for hosting Jann, I appreciate being able to join in. Have a wonderful week. Love the chalkboard clipboards, great idea. The flower frog tree was a hoot - I could make one!
Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Jann; what a lovely party. So happy I could join in this week. Have a wonderful week yourself.
Denise

Rose L said...

you seem to be all ready for the holiday.
You asked about the train toy and the bee toy on my blog. They are from the late 50's or early 60's and could sell to you for $6 each if interested.
Thanks! Rose of Musings, Meanderings and Merriment from Rose

Kris said...

So many fun things!!! Love to visit and see what you are up to!
xo kris

Doreen said...

HI Jann
Happy Holidays. Found your darling blog through linky parties. I'm a new follower and linked up a Chanukah craft.


http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

andrea@townandprairie said...

Jann- I especially love the photo of the forced bulbs with cranberries in your header! Thank you for hosting!

jenclair said...

What great ideas for gifts, Jann!

So many wonderful ideas to be found here. And thanks for featuring my snowman!

GardenOfDaisies said...

These make such cute gifts! And I like the addition of the jingle bells, to make them extra merry!

allisamazing said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Diann said...

What fun gift ideas and the features are all wonderful. thank you for hosting.

Unknown said...

Jann,
What lovely features!! I love the Christmas tree made from frogs! Delightful. Thanks so much for hosting!

must love junk said...

Jann, I just love those little clipboards!! So clever! Thanks for hosting this great party! :)
Susan

Sandy said...

I just love a gift that was made by
hand from friends and family.. your features are special.
thanks for hosting
Have a great Holiday Season
Sandy

SewSweetVIntage said...

I love the bakers twine too:) Love your party doll!!!!!!!

Kris said...

Hi Jann. I love your ideas! The jars of goodies, and the twine in a sugar jar....love the chalkboard clipboards too!! Your friends will love those!!! Have fun!!!
xo Kris

Micupoftea said...

Fun and thrifty! Love the sugar dispensers for bakery string, and chalkboards always come in handy...cute quote. Merry Christmas~
shawn

Instagram