It’s About TIME. . .

Last night myself and two of my sister in laws hosted a bridal shower at my home for the ‘soon to be bride’ of our nephew.

From the beginning we decided that we would go with a ‘TIME’ theme.  We laughed how sayings using the word ‘TIME’ ran rampant through our heads.   Using things that we had it really was quite easy to pull together.

DSC00979

Oh if we could only capture ‘TIME’ in a bottle!

DSC01034

DSC00951

Time seems to fly by quickly, but I wonder if the future bride and groom feel that 17 days away seems like forever?

DSC01047

Many of you may remember my ‘Spring Time’ mantel.  Well, I pretty much recreated it on the basement mantel where the party was held.

Groupings of clocks. . .some old. . .some new.

DSC00954

My sil, Alayna made a cute little flip chart that we used.  It brought in a bit of humor.  We started with introduction time, then followed with story time.  Where the bride to be told the story of how they met and all about the proposal.

DSC01046

She also made a darling photo board of the bride and groom.  Seems that  in no TIME those babies we have are grown and exchanging vows.

DSC01041

DSC01035

Look at the darling embellishment she added to the corner of the photo board.

DSC01044

We all know that we grow wiser with age.  We asked everyone to share some ‘pearls of wisdom’ for the new bride in our “TIME for advice” segment.

DSC00975

I had fun creating these little ‘pearls of wisdom’ bottles.  I picked up the bottles for $1 each at a local antique mall.

DSC00960

DSC00979

Each guest took one home as a thank you for coming gift.

DSC00966

DSC00965

DSC00953

DSC00955

What a fun TIME we had!  Be sure and come back and see the delicious food.

I’ll be sharing our ‘TIME to Eat’ segment soon.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Natasha in Oz for G'day Saturday

19 comments

Rita C at Panoply said...

What a great themed shower, Jann! I'll need to pin this to remember for future reference for family nieces, nephews still to marry.

Diane said...

The clock grouping on the mantel is such a great idea for a time themed bridal shower. Love the addition of the bottles too. It must have been a lot of fun to put together!

Micupoftea said...

WOnderful! Love the theme and your creativity! Congrats to the couple- much joy to your entire family!

LBP said...

Beautiful! I love the Time theme! Sounds like a great TIME was had by all!

Blessings

Linda

Winnie said...

I like the theme and everything seems so nice.
I've been to some showers but I'm not used to it. We don't do it here....
I'd like also to wish you and your family a wonderful Easter (we're celebrating Passover now)

Lulu said...

Great theme, but what really caught my eye where the bottles labeled pearls of wisdom.

Creations By Cindy said...

Such a cute theme and decor is beautiful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

What a great idea! I love the bottles you gave away!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Di said...

Love the theme of time how appropriate. The bottles of pearls of wisdom is lovely.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I like the decoration with all your clocks and the "pearls of wisdom" idea is brilliant.

Unknown said...

How awesome! It all looks amazing and such a fun theme. Those little bottles are just too cute. Congrats to the happy couple.
Angel

Rose L said...

such a cute and very unique idea!! I like it being so different from the normal!

farmhouse-story said...

what a clever theme idea! everything looks so cute--love the pearls of wisdom!

Tea in the Library said...

Wonderful and inventive theme. The pearls of Wisdom time in a bottle favors are great. Sounds like you created wonderful memories.

cynthia lee designs said...

What a great theme for the bridal shower! Love the bottle favors that everyone got to take home...they are so pretty!
hugs,
Cindy

Pollyanna said...

... this is all so amazing ... LOVE IT ... how creative you all are!!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Love x 18 how adorbs your shower came out. Great, TIMEly ideas. Sooo fun! Congrats to your nephew and his future Mrs.!

Hugs and happy highways,
Kelley~

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
LOVE the theme of the Shower!! How cute!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and also for your comment on my post Why I Returned to Blogging.....
I was getting a bit disenchanted by how the Blogging world is going so i decided to take a break and that put things in perspective for me...

It is because of wonderful people like you that i decided to return and continue to blog!!

Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Hugs,
Deb

Shirley Hatfield said...

Really loved the "time flies" picture board...I may need to steal the idea for the next wedding. =D

Instagram