Salad Stuffed Shells

As much as I enjoy a hearty meal, when the weather begins to warm eating light just seems right.

After spending time in the garden or attending outdoor activities often a salad seems to fit the bill.

I recently helped host a bridal shower and these Salad Stuffed Shells were such a big hit I thought I would share the recipe with you.

I think they would be great for a Mothers Day brunch.

DSC00993

Salad Stuffed Shells:

18 jumbo pasta shells                           4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or baby spinach

Sliced salami, about 5 slices                1 cup sliced grape tomatoes

3/4 cup chopped red onion                   Black olives, about 20

1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed                 One bunch asparagus tips, blanched

1 avocado, diced                                   1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, or feta (extra for top)

1/2 cup dressing of your choice  

Instructions:  

1.  Cook pasta according to pkg. instructions.  Drain and cool in refrigerator while preparing salad.

2.  Combine all salad ingredients including dressing and toss.

3.  Stuff the shells and arrange on platter. Top with extra cheese. Provide extra dressing to drizzle over top if desired.

Enjoy!

Jann   

I will be sharing with:

Hop over and visit Roxy for her first link party, Encouraging Homakers

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday?

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday

20 comments

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

What a pretty way to have a salad!

Winnie said...

What a wonderful and unique salad!!
It looks beautiful!
I think I'll take the idea :)
We don't eat meat/chicken with dairy together, so I'll change the ingredients a bit.

ellen b. said...

Those look great!

LBP said...

These sound delicious. I may make these for book club on Friday!

Blessings

Linda

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love the looks of this! A must try and pin! Thanks so much. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Pinning for sure! The sound delicious!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

They look and sound yummy - Thanks for sharing.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

They had caught my eye on your previous post. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Suburban Girl said...

Great idea. thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Thanks for the great recipe~!
I can't wait to try it out on the natives...
(=

Maria Elena said...

Yum! They look so good and so pretty. What a great idea!

Julie Nichols said...

Looks delicious...I am trying this for sure!! Thanks for sharing such a pretty and healthy recipe!

Junkchiccottage said...

HI Jann,
What a unique way to have salad. So pretty and looks so yummy. I am pinning this for future summer gatherings. Yum.
Kris

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Jann! This is a great idea! I love it! It's also a great base for more inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a great weekend,
Suzanne

farmhouse-story said...

cute and yummy--pinned! tfs!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, These are just the cutest idea ever! I will be trying this and I may even tweak it for the kids! I am so glad you came over to share in my Link Up Party! You have always been such an inspiration to me. And kind!!
Just know how much I appreciate your participation! You're really a Party Girl; o)
xo Roxy

The Tablescaper said...

Thanks for hosting.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a great idea for a summer meal

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Very creative and so pretty! These would be a hit at our annual Mother's Tea at our church. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Deborah

Kathy Watkins said...

Want to try the salad. it looks so yummy!!!

Instagram