Vintage Garden Finds. . .

Hello, I am home from my get away with friends and excited to share some of my new found treasures with you.

One of my favorite things to find at thrift or yard sales are vintage garden themed items.

DSC01128

I’m chuckling because I took these out into the garden for photos and can you see that white stuff that is covering the table?  Yup, that would be snow.  And it’s actually hailing right now.  Not hard, but still, hail!

DSC01122

A while ago the entire lawn was covered with that white stuff.

DSC01126

I paid $15 for this metal tray at a shop where a girl sold old furniture she had repainted with AS Chalk Paint.  It’s really long so I didn’t think it was a bad price.  I can see it filled with clay pots.

DSC01133

DSC01134

Even though it’s snowing I do have some pretty blossoms to share.  My Weeping Crabapple tree is just starting to put on a show.  This is my favorite time of year when all of the blossoming trees come bursting forth with such beauty!

I snagged the garden tools and the red handled drill at a yard sale for $3.  I saw the same tools marked $14 at another shop.

DSC01124

This girl loves aqua so I was thrilled to find this tray from an old tool box and another sprinkler.  The tray will be filled with succulents.

DSC01123

The pink and purple combination of my Flowering Almond bush and Lavender Twisted Redbud are perfect for Spring.

DSC01140

I already have an old pair of grass trimmers but these had a red handle.  I can’t pass up anything red handled. lol!  A $5 thermos to add to my collection.

DSC01125

You know how much I love plaid!  This picnic pack was complete. 

DSC01127

DSC01142

Sweet peach flowers are popping out on my Japanese Quince.

DSC01143

These pretty T.V. trays are going out under the pergola.  They will be great for extra tables when we eat outdoors with family or friends.

DSC01135

One was missing, but $10 for the set of three wasn’t bad.

DSC01136

DSC01129

Beautiful Flowering Plum.

DSC01131

This last item will stay indoors, but I thought that this flowered candy dish was too unusual to pass up.

DSC01138

I had never seen one with a lid like this, have you?

DSC01139

Well, it won’t be today; but I can’t wait to get out and play with a few of my vintage garden treasures!

I really don’t mind a Spring snow.  Helps bring gorgeous flowers.  We all know the saying:

“April showers bring May flowers”  Guess now I’ll say:  “April snow helps flowers grow”.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these parties:

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

We Call it Junkin for History and Home Link Party

Knick of Time Tuesday

23 comments

Salmagundi said...

Isn't this weather crazy? Your Utah snow is at this moment arriving in Colorado. Of course, I love your new plaid pack. Sally

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Wow, I can't believe it is snowing! We have 89 degree weather today. Your finds were great! I really love your TV tray.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Stacey said...

You find the best things! I'm laughing that you have snow and hail. I'm also happy to be right where I am with sunshine and 85 degrees. :)

Suburban Girl said...

Those are some good buys and perfect for your garden! Crazy weather...winter doesn't want to leave!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jann... can you even believe we are getting snowed on???... yikes!... love all your new old treasures... I too always go for the garden tools and such... I am blessed to have inherited many that were my family's... your gardens look so pretty... just make that white stuff go away!... xoxo Julie Marie

Susie said...

Jann, Darn that snow, can we ever be rid of it?? I love the new things you have. Those trees are so pretty. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Those are all great finds, Jann. Gotta love those plaid pieces! As long as you are liking that snow so much I will offer ours to you-via prayer! lol xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Your photos of the goodies that you got look great with the snow on the ground. Love the candy dish and no...I've never seen one like it before, but it is a beauty!!
hugs,
Cindy

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Oh my goodness, what a great mix of beautiful flowers, great finds and a little snow- haha! It snowed here today too! (and crazy wild wind) Love the wire tray and all the gardening goodies. You always find the cutest things!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I think that Spring is going to skip right into summer. Hope it didn't damage your pretty trees.
Great finds at your garage sales.
Mary

Gayla said...

You found some super cool treasures! I love plaid, too! It always seems so Town and Country! I love your flowering trees. We have white lilac and redbud but think the freeze got the magnolia...

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Glad you had such a great a time on your trip. I love all the treasures you found. Love all the old garden tools. So sweet.
Kris

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love all your very cool vintage treasures, especially that large metal basket and the TV trays.

Cynthia said...

What great finds. The whole time I read this post I kept saying I love that plaid pouch. Glad you had success.

Cynthia

Maureen Wyatt said...

Great finds and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the plaid picnic set!

Pamela Gordon said...

I can't believe you got snow! Wow. It's really cold here too and could easily have snowed but I'm glad it didn't. You found some fun things for sure. Your flowering shrubs are really beautiful.

Beth in NEPA said...

Love all of your finds! Especially that cute flower cover candy dish.
No snow here at the moment and hope there won't be but it is cold and raw for the end of April.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Jann,
You found some wonderful goodies this week...love those vintage garden tools.

Blessings,
Linda

Rose L said...

The "candy dish" may not be one. My grandmother had one kinda like that with a bird on top and it was used to hold body (baby?) powder, which she applied with a puff!

Creations By Cindy said...

I love all of your vintage yard sale finds! My kind of deals!
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Fran said...

I have been enjoying your last few posts, admiring your flowers and wishing that you would send your spring weather this way...but that's all come to a screeching halt, lol. Snow!! Oh, my gosh. Your beautiful flowering trees and shrubs must make the snow more tolerable, eh? Have a wonderful day :)
--Fran

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is funny that you said "You know how much I love plaid" because as soon as I saw the plaid item I started to chuckle to myself thinking there's no way you could have passed that up! :)

Michelle said...

I have an identical set of TV trays out in the barn, left over from a family estate sale. My plan was to paint one and hang it in the sewing room to use with magnets, but yours look awful cute, so I may have to rethink that!

Instagram