Sunflower Saydee. . .

Yesterday my daughter, Karrah called and said that Saydee’s babysitter had a sick child and could she come to Grandma’s house.

She’s always a delight so of course I said, ‘yes’.

As soon as mom headed off to work Saydee wanted to go up into the bonus room to find a toy.  Grandma obliged.

Originally she said that she wanted ‘to play dress ups’.  Grandma has a closet full of fun fashions.  But when I told her I was going outside to spray off the front porch she settled for Barbie’s.  No fun to dress up without Grandma watching.

We sprayed off the porch together.  I did some and then handed the hose over to Saydee.  She mentioned how she was a ‘good helper’.  Indeed she was!

DSC03100

I plucked a ‘giant’ sunflower from the garden and placed it on my rustic bench.  The sunflowers in my front yard reseeded from last year.  I thought they were all small, but then this one and only giant beauty surprised me.

DSC03099

I’m just beginning to give the porch touches of Fall.  It’s been in the 70’s here lately and feeling very Fall like.

When we went back inside Saydee asked if she could dress up as a helper.  I was curling my hair and said, ‘sure, I’d be up in a minute’.

She headed up stairs on her own and this is what she came down in.  Wondering what kind of a helper she is? lol!

I couldn’t resist so I grabbed the camera.  I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking for me.

DSC03090

DSC03089

DSC03093

DSC03101

DSC03091

DSC03092

DSC03102

I love that ‘Sunflower Saydee June’!  Named after my sweet mother.

hugs,

Jann

p.s. Did I mention that she took the hat and slip home with her?  But the scarf (boa) was too itchy.

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home

38 comments

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Oh my heavens, Jann!
That sunflower is amazing . . . and Saydee is simply beautiful! What a special photo shoot! Great photos!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us,
Suzanne

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Adorable! What a great age and great photos! xxoo

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Gorgeous pictures of your Grandaughter! They look so professional, you will treasure for years to come!

Anonymous said...

That sunflower is so cool! I love it and it looks so real! Your granddaughter is beautiful!

kate steeper said...

gorgeous

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Jann Saydee is too adorable. What a fun day you two must have had. Wow that sun flower is huge. I do not think I have ever seen one that big. Love playing dress up. Saydee is just too cute.
Kris

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,,
Saydee is adorable, beautiful photos to have! What a fun day you had! That sunflower is amazing, I've never seen one that large!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,,
Saydee is adorable, beautiful photos to have! What a fun day you had! That sunflower is amazing, I've never seen one that large!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,,
Saydee is adorable, beautiful photos to have! What a fun day you had! That sunflower is amazing, I've never seen one that large!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,,
Saydee is adorable, beautiful photos to have! What a fun day you had! That sunflower is amazing, I've never seen one that large!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,,
Saydee is adorable, beautiful photos to have! What a fun day you had! That sunflower is amazing, I've never seen one that large!
Rebecca

Tarnished Royalty said...

Oh my gosh Jann! These pictures are incredibly cute! I especially love the one with Saydee holding the sunflower front and center. It's half the size of her! You should enter that into some kind of photo contest! I think we might have to plant sunflowers next year! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Stacey Johnson said...

So darling Jann! What amazing pics!

Unknown said...

Jann,
She's beautiful! Love her outfit!!

Unknown said...

She's adorable Jann! and that sunflower is amazing!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOWZA!! That is one big sunflower, Jann!!

Thanks so much for your visits. i am playing catch up after running our church Flea Market!!

Have a great Holiday weekend!!

Hugs,
Deb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

She is adorable! That is one big sunflower!

Winnie said...

I have never seen such sunflower - it's amazing!!
And Saydee is sooooooooo cute :)
Those photos are beautiful

xinex said...

Oh Jann, what a cutie Saydee is! Looks like you both had so much fun. That sunflower is huge! Never seen them that big....Christine

Victoria Lavender said...

Oh! she must be a joy! You're a pretty good photographer too. Hugs, Victoria

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your Saydee is a beautiful little girl and your photos of her are adorable, Jann!

cynthia lee designs said...

Saydee is adorable!! That is one huge awesome sunflower!!
~Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

I can see a future for Saydee in the fashion industry!
She sure is cute, Jann.

Anonymous said...

What a priceless day you had. These photos are just a little of the frosting to the memories you helped make. That is one adorable granddaughter and that sunflower . . . WOW stunning! So glad you shared this with us.

Joy Junktion said...

Gorgeous little Saydee and an amazing sunflower! Wonderful photos! Blessings!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

She's adorable! You should keep her on your porch all fall a part of your decor!

Rose L said...

She is adorable! She could do modeling.

Fran. said...

What a beautiful photo shoot!! oh my gosh it looks so professional Jann!! LOVE her name and the spelling! And that sunflower sure rocks!! Love sunflowers my favorite flower!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO Love Fran.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jann,

Your sunflower is amazing! So very big. Saydee looks so beautiful. What a gorgeous photo shoot!

Anonymous said...

Adorable

Deborah Montgomery said...

Jann, your granddaughter is so adorable and very photogenic! You took some wonderful pictures, very professional looking. And that sunflower is huge!!

Leovi said...

So delicate and tender look ... !! beautiful photos !!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Mercy, Jann! Your photography skills are amazing. Saydee is a lovely model and you captured her so beautifully. Every photo is a keeper. Wow! I'm so impressed.

My thrift store addiction said...

What a precious little girl! Just beautiful photos,Jann!

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh my gosh she is simply GORGEOUS!!! the shots look like they should be in a mag!

Leann

Michelle H said...

My mom loves when the kids visit her, too. What wonderful memories for your sweet granddaughter! And how wonderful to have such a fun grandmother like you to visit!

farmhouse-story said...

what a cutie! you took some fabulous pics, jann! i'm amazed how big that sunflower looks beside her!

Fran said...

Such gorgeous pictures, Saydee is so photogenic! Looks like you both really enjoyed spending time with each other, so sweet. :) --Fran

Instagram