Tuesday’s Tour. . .My (2nd) Favorite Home Show

The last couple of months I have attended both a wonderful Home Show and a couple of gorgeous garden tours.

I thought that it would be fun to start a weekly post called ‘Tuesday’s Tour’.  Today I am sharing my(2nd) favorite home in our local Home Show.  At first I published it as my favorite home and then I remembered there was one I liked even better. lol!  

What I loved about this home was that it was so light, bright, and cheery!

DSC01714

DSC01716

The outside itself was very inviting. . .now let’s step inside.

They directed us upstairs first.  A fun variety of pictures, frames, and mirrors created this gallery wall.

DSC01717

The sayings on the stairs was a little too much for my taste. . .but, still a fun idea!

DSC01725

The home was filled with family heirloom pieces that had been painted.

DSC01718

DSC01719

Gorgeous handmade rug.

DSC01720

DSC01727

I loved the colors and the seating area in this bedroom.  Even the light floors seem so refreshing.

DSC01730

Patterns that I would have never dreamed of putting together, but somehow they worked.

DSC01731

Window box seat love!!

DSC01728

DSC01733

DSC01729

DSC01732

The boys room just made me smile.  Lots more photos, but I’ll share them when we tour ‘boys rooms’.

DSC01723

More great furniture out on the landing.

DSC01734

DSC01735

DSC01736

The kitchen was my favorite room in the house.

DSC01749

DSC01750

This little cutout was at the end of the large island.

DSC01737

DSC01743

Oh my, so much to love in this kitchen. . .the buffet, the brick wall, the plates, and the church pew.  (Just to name a few).  Yes, there’s lots more!

DSC01745

DSC01747

Not a very good photo, but I loved this idea of framing old family recipes.  They framed three.

DSC01746

Look at the beautiful herringbone design on the floor.

DSC01744

Cozy family room off of that gorgeous kitchen.

DSC01741

DSC01738

DSC01740

I thought the furniture was cute, but the wall was a little more than I like.  I think it was the craft room.

DSC01739

Look at this unusual faucet.

DSC01752

DSC01753

This light and seating area were in the mudroom where you exited into the garage.

DSC01754

Don’t know if I just missed getting photos of the master bedroom and laundry room or what?  But the basement was just as fabulous as the upstairs.  Saving it for another post.  This baby is already long.

Well, what do you think?  Could you live in a home like this?

Next week I’ll share a playroom that’s more like a play ‘town’.  Unbelievable!

hugs,

Jann

19 comments

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Jan,

Neat idea for a weekly thing to post about. There are elements of this house I really liked but for me it was really over the top.

I loved their flooring and some of their shabby painted antique furniture best. : - )

JoAnne said...

I agree that some of it is over the top, but there is a lot I love about it. So unusual and refreshing to see something unique with so much charm and personality. I could take away a lot of ideas from this home!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love this cozy and warm house! I specially adore the bedroom and kitchen and no, I don't care for all the sayings in the stairs, either...maybe one or two.
Thanks for sharing,
FABBY

Susie said...

Jann, There were a lot of things I liked, then there were just a lot of things. I love the curb appeal of it . Wow. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

What a fabulous home Jann. Love that kitchen. So many pretty elements and color combos...just gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing and have a great week!
XO Barbara

priscilla said...

So many great ideas ! Thanks for the tour :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
So much inspiration. Those stairs are so great. Love them and the exposed brick wall is so pretty. What a gorgeous home.
Kris

Karie said...

Wow! Gorgeous. Like a dream house. Very nice. But. . .not for me. I guess I am too practical and prefer cozy and smallish. . .Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Karie

cynthia lee designs said...

Love that kitchen!! Beautiful home tour.
~Cindy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Those aqua chairs are to die for!!

camp and cottage living said...

I love that this home owner has filled her home with so many unique and personal touches.
I don't imagine I would want all of the same pieces she's chosen, but I still love it and especially the beautiful bedroom wallpaper!

Debbie said...

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. The house is FULL of unique, and fun ideas and soo pretty. However, it is not something I would chose. Everyone's taste is different of course, and honestly I guess this just isn't mine. I agree that all the sayings on the stairs was too much, but what a good idea. However if you had just a couple, say the first and the last stair, I think it would make much of a statement. What a fun, fun thing to do! Enjoy your day!

Rose L said...

I agree that there are too many sayings on the stairs. Maybe on every few steps would work better. Peek-a-boo! I saw you in the mirror of that lovely painted piece. I also love the rug, which looks crocheted! The turquoise colors and floors are lovely! I am so in love with turquoise! Love the rose striped settee and the mirror-image chairs behind it!! That wood ceiling in the boys room is so cool with the varying colors. The red gossip bench on the landing is cool. In the old days, that is where the telephone would sit! My parents had one. Great kitchen with one of those huge professional refrigerator/freezers. I want that blue and white platter on the brick wall! That herringbone floor--wow! This house has some great stuff!!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I'll take it!

Cynthia said...

This is a gorgeous home, love the outdoors. The wall with the mirrors and frames is so pretty. I wish we had heirloom pieces but no such luck. The chairs shown are so pretty too.

Cindy

Sarah said...

Fantastic house tour! Thanks for sharing.

farmhouse-story said...

it's gorgeous inside and out:) thanks for sharing with us, jann!

Fran said...

Thanks for sharing! I agree that some elements were over the top, but I LOVED the family room and the kitchen! And the floors! And the window seat! I'm looking forward to when you share the rest :) --Fran

Tea in the Library said...

The kitchen and family room - love the décor. The stair way- I agree - a little busy for my taste - I'd get vertigo and roll down the stairs. So nice of you to take all these great photos! Love the tour.

Instagram