Holiday Home Tour Part Two

Well my friends, it has taken me a while; but I am back to share the 2nd part of my Holiday Home.
 
In other words, the basement.  This is where the kid is me really has fun!
 
DSC00591
 
I’ve often revealed that I have a ‘sweet tooth’.  This is where I go to satisfy that image of ‘a kid in a candy store’.
 
It’s where I pull out all of the ‘goodies’, both real and faux.  Like the syrup dispenser filled with real hard tack and the cookie canister filled with faux gingerbread men.
 
DSC00590
 
DSC00592
 
DSC00593
 
The every day cherry themed dishes remain with a few Christmas additions.  Milk jars are filled with candy and a jadite mug gets pretty pale green stripped candy canes.
 
DSC00583
 
DSC00586
 
My vintage sifter collection fits right in with the ‘baking’ theme.
 
DSC00588
 
DSC00582
 
I swap out the cherry artwork with stitched gingerbread pieces.  I have one more that needs to be completed, maybe next year.
 
DSC00589
 
The windowsill holds a funnel tree, some baking essentials and a Blue Ribbon cookbook.
 
DSC00584
 
The table is kept simple with a maple mold candle holder, a garland, my mom’s precious cookbook, and some Santa boot S&P shakers.
It can easily be cleared for family games and activities.
 
DSC00581
 
The open shelving has just touches of Christmas décor.
 
DSC00587
 
DSC00585
 
DSC00577
 
The rustic cabinet between the kitchen and family room holds our cocoa bar.
 
The little mini Santa mugs were a recent estate sale score. Eleven of them all together.  I have 4 large ones that I found last year.  Can not for the life of me remember where I put them after last Christmas.
 
One of the not so fun perks of getting old. lol!
 
DSC00578
 
I still need to add tags to the Milk, Mint, and Cherry hot chocolate jars.
I love this vintage Marshmallow tin I got from my friend, Dolly’s Aunt Bunny!
The little espresso cups are for the tiny sippers.
 
DSC00579
 
The top of the cabinet holds an old picnic and Lard tin.
 
DSC00580
 
DSC00594
 
I got this rustic cabinet from my older sis who was downsizing.  It’s the first thing you see when you walk down the stairs.  I love it!
 
DSC00575
 
These photos were taken from a previous post I shared in Nov.  Just thought I would share them again because it’s the basement family room.
 
 
DSC00294_thumb[2]
 
DSC00305_thumb[2]
 
The tree is filled with candy themed ornaments and now the bottom is filled with gifts.
 
DSC00595
 
DSC00307_thumb[2]
 
DSC00296_thumb[1]
 
A little dark, but this shows where the kitchen is located.
 
DSC00293_thumb[2]
 
I hope you enjoyed our holiday basement and that you are all ready for the big day!
 
Ready or not, it’s WILL come!
 
Happy Holidays to you all!
 
I so appreciate your friendship and support of my blog!
 
hugs,
Jann

22 comments

Debby said...

I love all your pictures. What a cozy home.

Junkchiccottage said...

Everything looks so cute Jann. Merry Christmas sweet friend to you and your family. Enjoy these last few days leading up to the big day.
Kris

cynthia lee designs said...

Loved seeing all the pictures of your beautiful cozy home all ready for Christmas. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!
hugs,
Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

Jan
I just love your basement kitchen and family room. It cold be Mr. and Mrs. Santa's home, it is so full of fun Christmas cheer!
So glad to hear I'm not the only one who has memory lapses!!
Merry Christmas!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Gosh Jann, more vintage fun to enjoy and love!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It's like you get to decorate 2 houses! :D

My fav is the gingerbread men in the red lustoware canister.

Merry Christmas!

Susie said...

Jann, It all looks great. I love the funnel tree, your santa cups, the red truck. I know there will be love to go around with all those gifts and sweets. Merry Christmas to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh so many lovely thing´s and lovely Christmas decorations! Love it!
I really like your blog...
Have a cozy day!
Titti

Bernideen said...

MY FAVORITE thing is the use of the quilts with red! Darling!

Linda W. said...

Oh my gosh, your home is decorated so nicely, it's like a museum! Thanks for the tour, and Merry Christmas to you.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love it. I love that view to the outdoors by the fireplace and the shelves. So festive. xoox

Fran. said...

Ok that's it Mrs Olson!! I wanna be you when I grow up! and I had an awesome thought! haha I know you have this basement for the family BUT you need to make it into a BeD N BreAKfaST for us your bloggie friends!! OMG I just lOVE your basement n house and you!! THANKS for sharing!! XOXO Love Fran.

Art and Sand said...

What a totally fun place to hang out - and red makes it such a happy place.

Rose L said...

You decorated the basement, too!!?? I did not decorate this year. I do have a sign in front that says PEACE on it. Since I am still unpacking (injured my left arm so moving slower now) I just did not have energy or time to decorate. I admire you.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love it all, and I wish I could go shopping in your family room, Jann! You've got so many interesting and fun collectibles. Thanks for sharing!
Vickie

angie said...

sweetest decoration, soooo lovely !!! beautiful holidays wishes angie

Unknown said...

It's all wonderful Jann, I love it!

decorayadora said...

hi dear Friend !! que hermosa su casa decoradad.. que tengas un bonito domingo junto a los tuyos
cariños

Joy Junktion said...

Your basement area looks so warm and cozy all prepared for Christmas. I love those mini Santa mugs and those Christmas quilts are beautiful! Your cocoa bar looks like it will get lots of use too! Blessings for a wonderful Christmas!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Jann! I remember very well the plastic icicles that glowed in the dark! We had those too! You home is so very darling! I love how you decorate!!! I noticed you live in Alpine, Utah! One of my very best friends lives there,,,Lani Blood. Would you happen to know her? I know there are many wards there but I thought I would ask. Merry Christnmas! Hugs, Maryjane

farmhouse-story said...

a very sweet, happy place, jann! happy holidays to you!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It's like walking back in time....so nostalgic and cozy. Love your candy tree! The red and white color scheme just makes it all so Christmasy.

Instagram