Tuesdays Tip. . .Don’t Toss Those Pumpkins

Hello my friends, I didn’t have a post ready for Tuesday’s Tour so I decided to give you a tip instead.
 
Thus, Tuesday’s Tip was born. lol!
 
This post may be a bit too late because I’m sure that many a pumpkin has met it’s demise.
 
But, if you still have some lurking out on your porch or in your yard this tip is for you.
 

Gold is a hot color this year, but then isn't it always nice for Christmas?  Turn those pumpkins into gilded fruit.
 
I had a few that were frozen so they had to be tossed, but what was left got a coat of metallic gold spray paint.
 
DSC00313
 
Trimmed boughs from my father in laws garden and golden pumpkins make for very inexpensive outdoor décor.
 
I will probably be adding a little something more to these urns, but for now the pumpkins make them festive.
 
DSC00316
 
My  rustic wheelbarrow got dressed up a little with a pumpkin and a gourd.
 
DSC00317
 
And as usual I had to throw in a birdhouse and a little rust.
 
How about you, have you ever used your pumpkins for Christmas décor?  I do it every year.
 
hugs,
Jann

14 comments

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love it! xoxo

Jonell w Harrison said...

You just read my mind...as I turned into my driveway taking note of the three big pumpkins on the front steps I told self: "Self" you need to pull out a can of gold or silver paint and paint those things before they go
go bad"...oh well you know what they say about 'great minds."

Tamara said...

pretty..pretty..pretty! what a great tip. Thank you.
Blessings,
Tamara

Susie said...

Jann, What a cute idea. I like the gold. It all looks nice . xoxo,Susie

Lulu said...

I get is much mileage as I can out of all pumpkins. The last ones don't go out until after the holidays.🎄

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Super creative idea. Love this.
Kris

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

So pretty, love them!

Fran said...

What a great idea! So festive! I wish my pumpkins weren't frozen (I got rid of them last week before they imploded on my front steps!), I'd love to give this a try! :) --Fran

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
These are super neat and so pretty!
We just tossed ours out on Monday-I will certainly keep these in mind for next year!
Warm Hugs,
Jemma

Creations By Cindy said...

What a great idea Jann! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kim said...

Bummer~ I just tossed mine...and I hated to do, because they were still good. Oh well, I'll have to remember it for next year! :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow Jann what a neat idea. Mine are long gone because of the freezing temps- they are mush! I suppose plastic painted gold could've worked too! I never thought to include pumpkins with Christmas but why not!

psychelyn said...

Golden pumpkins are great extention of Thanksgiving. Clever idea!

angie said...

liebe jann, ihre dekoration ist wunderschön!!! liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

Instagram