Simple and Sweet Christmas

Hello my friends, today is the final day of our 'Creating Christmas' link party.

Carol from Art and Sand
 will be sharing her 'Sweet and Simple' decor.  If you know Carol, then you know how fabulous her style is!

Now, when it comes to decorating I'm pretty sure my motto is, "The more the merrier'.  lol!  But I think I managed to keep a few things a little bit simpler this year.




I thought that a truckload of tinsel being delivered to decorate the three trees was a sweet idea.  Super simple to throw this vignette together!

This simple vignette is on our basement kitchen table.  We love playing games during the holidays with family and friends so I didn't want to have to move a lot of stuff.



To me it is ever so sweet. . .because the black cookbook belonged to my mother.  Notice the torn binding?  I was going to repair it, but haven't gotten to it yet.  Love seeing her hand written recipes here and there inside!

The basement family room mantle is pretty simple.  Can't believe how quickly things come together when you just throw on a few items.



What's sweet about this is that after Christmas all I have to do is remove the stocking holders and it can be left there for Winter decor.








Sweet snowmen and simple candlelight.


My upstairs mantle is quite simple this year as well.  Came together in about a half an hour.








I love the simple reflection of sweet mercury glass in the tri-fold mirror.

How simple is this olive bucket filled with dried Hydrangeas and topped with a glittery Noel?



And this sweet little Wintry vignette?



The other day I received a package in the mail from sweet
  She sent me A letter 'J' stamp that I had inquired about and guess what came with it?
One of her precious chenille stem Santas.  Love it!


She also included this sweet tag that I added to my nest house.




And last of all I have to show you this sweet thing. . .My friend, Ann's 16 year old daughter, Elise.


She has such a talent for chalkboard art! Her mother sent me a picture of one she created for her.  Teasingly I texted back, "Red Rover, Red Rover, send her right over".

Well a few days later here they came.  


She did all the hard stuff and I just added the greenery.



Simply Sweet!

Remember that all of the links stay open until the 19th.  So please share your fabulous Christmas with each host!  Remember, "The More the Merrier"


hugs,
Jann





23 comments

angie said...

danke für die wunderschönen inspirationen, liebe grüße von angie und einen schönen freitag!!!

Art and Sand said...

The mercury glass tree . . . the chalkboard . . . the snowmen . . . love it all!

Home Romance said...

Hi Jann,

The small houses are so perfect! My favorite is the little church ... so pretty !!

Congratulations for the "Creating Christmas". Loved it!

Hugs,

Fernanda.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

All so charming! Love it and I think I'm being drawn more and more to simple!

Unknown said...

I love simple! I think sometimes we get carried away and it looks way over done. I love to be able to dream and remember when looking at treasures. Yours are all so lovely!
Blessings My Friend,

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Love it all Jann! The MC trees are so lovely, and your little vignette in the large glass vase simple and elegant. I think when things are a little simpler we enjoy them more. It's all so pretty!

Rose L said...

Love the chalk board art! I used to have children draw Christmas pictures on my driveway and when it rained, they got a clean slate!

LL Farm said...

That is awesome that you have a mantel in the basement to also decorate. I LOVE snowmen and leave many up throughout the winter also.

lynn cockrell said...

Everything is so lovely, Jann. The little truck is so cute and I think those little Putz style houses are just adorable. The chalk board art is awesome too. How talented your young friend is!

Diana said...

Such a wonderful season of sharing and caring :) Love your mantles and the goodies from Donna. What a sweet friend to come over and write your chalkboard message. If I say "Red rover, red rover," do you think she'd come over?!

Junkchiccottage said...

Love it all and what a talent your friends daughter has for Chalk Board Art. So pretty.
Kris

My Painted Garden said...

Hi - I am new to your blog - over from Art and Sand. Love the chalk board and your charming and simple decorations - the mantle is beautiful and how nice that most of it will stay after Christmas.
Wishing you and your family a Joyful and Merry Christmas.
Erin

sweetbriardreams said...

So many beautiful arrangements here, you have inspired me to do a little more in my home. Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

must love junk said...

Jann, I LOVE that chalkboard and the art looks amazing!
Susan

Winnie said...

Everything looks so beautiful and cute and festive :) You certainly have fun decorating for this coming holiday:)
I adore these sale and pepper boots

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I hear you Jann! I don't think I could practice the art of less is more during the Christmas season either, especially with grandchildren coming for the holidays. I love everything you've done to decorate your house! The chalkboard art is awsome!
Vickie

Connie said...

Jann, everything is so darn pretty. You certainly have a special touch with Christmas decorating and you are amazingly good at writing on the chalk board. I find it to be a very tricky thing to make pretty, but you make it look easy.
Merry Christmas.
Connie :)

Kris said...

Awesome! All of it. The truck, the mantel, the chalkboard art!!!! Love it!
XO Kris

Diane said...

Very pretty Jann. Simple and sweet is my favorite style of Christmas decor too. Love the snowman and those sweet little houses!

Unknown said...

Everything looks wonderful! I absolutely love the chalkboard art. What a fabulous idea! Talented young lady. Love, love it!!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Everything looks so festive! Your friends daughter is one talents young lady too. She needs to have a blog lol.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I enjoyed it all! I love the Swedish stockings and the chalk board! So festive. xoxo

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love your chalkboard! It looks so professionally done, and adds a great bit of whimsy.

Instagram