The Lamb of God. . .

Hello my friends, today is the first day of our ‘Creating Christmas’ link party.
 
I have been looking forward to it for weeks now!
 
Creating Christas Image_thumb[8]
 
Lynn is kicking it off, so hop on over to Shabby Story and link up your White Christmas. Décor, crafts, and even that white baking. 
 
Then tomorrow let’s get our Rustic on and link up with Thoughts from Alice.
 
December is a wonderful month when we pay tribute to our Savior.
Hopefully we have him in our hearts and mind year round, but there’s nothing wrong with paying special attention in honor of his birth.
 
This year I kept my living room mantle fairly simple and decorated it with the idea of Jesus being the ‘Lamb of God’.
 
DSC00323
Question: "What does it mean that Jesus is the Lamb of God?"
Answer:
When Jesus is called the Lamb of God in
John 1:29 and John 1:36, it is referring to Him as the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.
 
DSC00325
 
I’ve joined together my small collection of sheep.   A year and a half ago my search began and I have managed to find a few.
 
(cast iron sheep)
 
DSC00322
 
My sheep painting was created by a Utah artist, Joan Durfey, from Spring City.
I love it!!
 
I also love that sunshine streaming in through the living room window.
 
DSC00324
 
I found the large lamb in a local shop, Busy Bitty.  I love the angelic look on it’s face and it works perfectly next to my painting.
 
They usually reside on the top of a chippy cabinet in the basement.  I brought them up for Christmas.
 
The two bookends were a thrift shop find.
DSC00321
 
I realize that we get wool from sheep and not cotton, but they just seemed to work.
 
I added a metal frosted tree and a small black faced sheep is grazing below.
 
 
I just bought him at Joanne’s for 50% off.  He was a cute little ornament, but I cut off the string.
 
DSC00326
 
I painted these sweet sheep years ago as part of a Nativity.
 
DSC00397
 
Although the rest of the mantle décor is white I decided that the subtle color in my Nativity was fine.
 
DSC00395
 
Over the years some of the sap from the wood has seeped through the paint.  I actually like the vintage feel it gave it.
 
DSC00396
 
I also painted a donkey with this set, but I didn’t put it out.
 
I am loving the simplistic beauty of this mantle.  No garland, no banner; wow, that’s unusual for me! 
 
My thoughts turn to the Savior every time I walk by it.
 
DSC00394
White always signifies purity.  I am so thankful for the pure love of Christ!
 
Wishing you all a very wonderful and white (even if you don’t have snow) Christmas!
 
hugs,
Jann
And now for those who put our button on their sidebar.  I bought this cute paper covered book at my stylists boutique.
The name that was drawn out as the winner is:
Debbie Dabble
Congrats!
 
 

24 comments

farmhouse-story said...

thanks so much for the fun, jann! (and i'm so glad i didn't have to wake you up this morning:)

mimi_62 said...

Beautiful, Jann. It is a peaceful setting.

pbrenner said...

What a sweet mantel, and perfect for the season. I like how your mantel mirror looks with the sheep - almost like a stable entrance ... very peaceful and pretty.

Patty

Art and Sand said...

Everything looks beautiful.

I just went to Lynn's and am in love with everything. What a beautiful start to the party.

I am doing all my photos today and have most of the post written so I will be contacting you for link up help.

angie said...

danke für die tollen bilder, eine schöne woche wünscht angie

Susie said...

Jann, I love the skinny tree and all your sweet lambs. Hope you are enjoying your decorating. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Jann, I love your sheep display! xoox SO pretty! I especially love the wire fencing in front.

Rose L said...

I like that, Lamb of God. Nice.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Thanks for explaining the meaning Lamb of God. I'm in love with your sheep..I found only one,but will keep looking, and your sheep photo is incredible. I typically do not do follow holiday parties..but I certainly will yours!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,

Such a lovely post to kick off Christmas on your blog and for the party.
So, special to focus on the symbolic meaning of the sheep and of white.
I have incorporated more candles this year, for that very reason.
I too am so thankful for the birth of sweet Jesus and the light He has brought to the world.
Warm Hugs,
Jemma

chateau chic said...

Love your mantel, Jann!! The sheep are adorable...and somewhat hard to find, come to think of it.
I love that you have the reason we even celebrate Christmas front and center!! Lovely display!
Mary Alice

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan,
The mantel is gorgeous. All of it needs to be at my house for my mantel lol! Your lambs are so sweet. Love the picture with the fencing. That is super cute. Your architectural piece with the mirror is stunning. Oh Miss Vignette you Rocked it out with this one.
Kris

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the white decor! So so pretty! I'm excited the party is finally here!
hugs,
Linda

Deb said...

Your mantel is so pretty, Jann. I, too, collect sheep and am so drawn to your beautiful painting. It all looks so peaceful. Deb

Shirley Hatfield said...

Oh my, Jann, what a beautiful theme for your mantle. I love sheep for Christmas. I bought a few at Walmart when they had individual nativity pieces. I like to group them at Easter as well. Thank you for sharing such a lovely arrangement.

Pamela Gordon said...

Your mantel looks so beautiful with that gorgeous sheep painting as a backdrop. I like your theme very much. Perfect!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love how you decorated with the sheep this year, so pretty! I visited Lynn's blog too and her house is gorgeous too. Enjoy the holiday season.
Julie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your beautiful creative mantle. It's wonderful!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I love the idea that your thoughts turn to the Savior every time you walk by the mantle. That is really keeping Christ in Christmas! My raised sheep growing up. Loved the little lambs! Nancy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your mantel is simple and beautiful, Jann. Your painted nativity set is lovely, and the perfect addition to your collection of lambs. Well done!

Art and Sand said...

I have noticed that your blog now requires me to type in the verification code. I checked and it is now on mine too. It isn't on every blogspot blog, but on a lot of them. Do you know what is happening?

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

What a wonderfully beautiful display. I love your hand painted items and I like the sap coming through the paint as well. SO beautiful. Hugs, Beverly

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I am a new follower and I love your blog. Beautiful and full of great ideas that I love. Stop by and see me at mine. XX Jo

Jodie Fitz said...

So many great ideas. Love those unique lanterns hanging - pinning ! THank you for putting this together....to share!

Instagram