Seein Red. . .

Hello my friends, this time of year we see a lot of red.  It’s a very traditional color associated with Christmas.




Red is a happy color and I love it!  Nothing gets me more excited than to walk into a thrift store and start seein red!




red finds


Imagine my delight when I found all of these kitchen reds last week.

A time worn rolling pin, a divided Pyrex (missing the lid, but made a cute Christmas candy dish), and three cherry plates.

Not to mention that I have a bowl and small creamer with the same design.

DSC00634


The plates looked right at home in my farmhouse style basement kitchen.


DSC00632


And did you notice the red dish drainer?  An earlier thrift find.


DSC00636


DSC00635


Yup, life is sweet!


Now for a few more features from our ‘Creating Christmas’ party.


Sara from Citrus and Neon shared the gorgeous vintage ornaments on her tree.


yeloow orna


Christine from Little Brags took us on a tour of her festive Christmas home.


photo 1(19)


Heather from Vestige Goods  shared lots of vintage goodness!


Xmas2014-012-1024x576


Thanks so much ladies and feel free to add this featured button to your blog if you’d like.


featured


I will be sharing more holiday features each day so please check back!


hugs,
Jann

19 comments

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Love that vintage red! Merry Christmas!

HMax said...

Thank you for the feature, Jann! And thanks for hosting the link party!

Heather
vestigegoods.com

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Love your little juice glasses. So sweet. Merry Christmas Sweet Friend. Enjoy your wonderful family and I look forward to the new year filled with sharing of friendship and inspiration.
Kris

Susie said...

Jann, I love all your wonderful red cherry dishes and glasses. Mixed with the checks, they are adorable. I am wishing you and yours a merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year. Blessings dear friend, xoxo,Susie

angie said...

love that vintage red!!! merry christmas !!! their pictures are very beautiful !!! love all of angie from Germany

Joy Junktion said...

Red is my go to color ~ It brings me such joy! I love that you found a few great pieces just in time for Christmas! Blessings to you!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Red is a happy color and nice finds!
Merry Christmas.
deb

My thrift store addiction said...

OH I love your sweet cherry dishes--great find, Jann! Merry, Merry!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Those dishes are adorable. I love that you have them in a red dish drainer. Merry Christmas!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love your pretty finds, Jann. You and I share a love of all things red! Merry Christmas!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love your pretty finds, Jann. You and I share a love of all things red! Merry Christmas!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Love your post and I wish you the best CHRISTMAS ever, take care!
Warm hug,
Titti

decorayadora said...

Hi dear friends !, y deseo que tengas una feliz Navidad y un próspero año nuevo junto a l tus seres queridos
Cariños

Unknown said...

So much pretty cherry red color, I love it! Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
warmly,
Dorothy

Babs said...

How cute! Love the plates and Pyrex dish. They're so cheerful. Love a little red in a kitchen...or a lot of red. Merry Christmas!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Jann, wanted to wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing red -- anytime!!! Your blog has been a highlight of my days.. Have a Merry Christmas and keep safe.
hugs

Rose L said...

Christmas eve! I wish you and yoiurs a joyous and loving celebration.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Hi Hann and thanks a million for featuring my Christmas tour on your super great blog today!!! xoxoxo and have a very merry Christmas!!!!

Instagram