Welcome to My New Pad!

Hello my friends,  I can’t wait to show you my new pad!
 
DSC00294
 
No, I haven’t moved.  Although this may seem like a new place to you because I haven’t really shown this space since we finished our basement a year and a half ago.
 
Why?  Two reasons:  I was waiting to find a rug and I was hoping to get curtains made.  Well I found the perfect rug!  I actually saw it while visiting Kim, from Savvy Southern Style blog.
 
I knew it was just what I wanted!
 
I still haven’t gotten around to making curtains.  Hopefully after the New Year.
 
But today I am literally talking about a new rug pad.
 
DSC00289
 
A while ago I was contacted by Will McDonald,  Cofounder of Rug Pad USA.
 
He sent me this fabulous 9x12  rug pad.
 
Let me tell you, I am in love!
 
Whenever I have used rug pads they are just those mesh type pads that really do nothing as far as padding, just keep you from slipping on the rugs.
 
This pad is higher end and so soft ! It made all the difference in the room.  The area is soft and cushy now.
 
My feet are in rug pad love!!
 
(they are happy even if they are in bad need of a pedicure) 
DSC00290
 
The fact that these pads are eco friendly is the icing on the cake.  All of my little grands running around in this area will be thanking me for that!
 
If you are in need of a rug pad I would definitely suggest that you check out their site!
 
I've tried to give this area a farmhouse feel to coincide with our farmhouse style kitchen. 
I can see us spending lots of time in here this Winter.
 
DSC00293
 
DSC00292
 
The fireplace helps to make the room cozy,

(yup, there's those curtainless windows.)
 
DSC00300
 
we have plenty of blankets and extra pillows for snuggling.
 
DSC00295
 
Before I added the pad it was like stepping onto a hard concrete surface.  Now it’s like walking on soft grass.
 
DSC00302
 
I have been adding touches of Christmas.  You can see that I am still working on the red table.
 
DSC00296
 
DSC00303
 
We had this red leather couch and love seat in our upstairs great room.  When we finished the basement we brought it down here.
 
The wool pillows add a bit of whimsy and the two checked pillows were a thrift find for $2 each.  I had to buy them, because. . .
 
DSC00308
 
they were the exact same fabric as my parson chairs.
 
DSC00307
 
Of course I had to have a few vintage treasures, like my radio collection.
 
DSC00299
 
And this old drying rack.  I don’t open it, but love the architectural interest it adds.
 
DSC00311
 
This room really has nice lighting.  It’s because it has what they call daylight basement windows.
 
I want to thank Rug Pad USA!  Getting this new pad was like receiving an early Christmas gift!
 
DSC00305
 
Happy Holidays,
 

43 comments

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann! Oh, this area looks marvelous and so cozy! I love your new rug and I've never seen a pad like that but it looks so cooshy! Your red sofa looks great in there and all of your little Christmasy!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

A Joyful Cottage said...

I love this room, Jann. I really like the rug pattern and color, and the light blue with the all the red. All very charming. The pad looks like good quality. I bet the rug feels good under your feet with that pad underneath. xxx ~ Nancy

Rita C at Panoply said...

Never mind the pad (ok, it's nice), but I love this room, Jann! And your feet look good (how'd you get so tan this time of year??). Love the coziness of all your decor, the colors, and the Christmas decorations - I would love spending time in that room!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love everything about this space, Jann! It is just so cheery and cozy!!! Great job! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

oh my !!!what a wonderful basement !!!!!!!!!! So cozy !!!! A finished ceiling, cabinets/kitchen, what more could you want !!!!!

Susie said...

Jann, I like how cozy this room looks. I laughed at the long stockings though. My girls would have loved a stocking that long. LOL. I think that pad will make a huge difference in the feel and wear of your rug. Enjoy, xoxo,Susie

Winnie said...

What a warm and cozy room :)
So hommy - I love it :)

allisamazing said...

What a cozy room you have created!

Shirley Hatfield said...

It's fun to see that room all finished and Christmasy...it was still empty when I visited you. I am still in love with that kitchen!!

Linda W. said...

Your house is so fabulously decorated! Thanks for the basement tour. :)

lynn cockrell said...

The rug pad looks like a really good idea, made of felt and eco-friendly as well. Your room beautiful! It looks so cozy, even without curtains. My eyes were drawn to the stack of suitcases. I love that look. What a great room!

Stacey said...

I just love everything you do Jann. I'd love to go shopping with you some time. You find the best treasures!

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
The room is so cozy. Love those long stockings on the mantel. Super sweet. I know you will find the best curtains for the windows. Love the rug so pretty. Love the white and blue.
Kris

Kris said...

I love everything about that room!!!!! Love the red sofa!!!! Love the rug!!!!
Does your daughter still live with you? I would take that part of the house and call it my own if I were you!!!!
XO Kris

sweetvintageofmine said...

Such a SWEET room!! It's so comfy and cozy...just waiting for guests! I love your color combo too..with a touch of vintage!! That chair and rug (blue)with the red furniture is outstanding~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Sarah said...

What a warm, cozy room. Love the new rug! Those long stockings are fun. Do you fill them up? ;-)

Cherie said...

That looks amazing.

Michelle H said...

Everything is just gorgeous!! What a cozy, fun room to enjoy the holidays!

Leovi said...

Great photos, wonderful carpet, a cozy atmosphere!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I know you're enjoying the rug pad in your darling, cozy room! You have such a way of pulling things together and making a homey atmosphere, Jann!

farmhouse-story said...

love your fabulous room, jann! how great to have a fireplace in the basement! off to check out the rug site:)

Fran. said...

Hi Jann Olson I just wanna come and stay and play at your pad (whole house) for a few days!! thata how much I love your pad!! XOXO Love Fran.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your new room and rug!...

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a fun and festive room you've decorated for your family, Jann! I love your new rug, and those pillows with the dots and flowers are so darn cute! Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The rug looks great and I like the lighter blue. Beautiful room.

One More Time Events said...

Love that rug...it really adds to your beautiful room

angie said...

ich liebe den teppich!!! blau-weiß ist eine schöne farbkombination!!! danke für die wunderschönen bilder und inspirationen!!! einen schönen abend wünscht angie

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very cozy! Love the rug with the red leather. Perfect. Your kitchen in the background looks divine!!!

Deanies Stash said...

Jann, this room is so inviting that I just want to sit and relax there. Great job!

Maria Elena said...

What a gorgeous room, Jann! Love your carpet and I love the pads from Rugs USA. Your holiday decor is beautiful!

chateau chic said...

Your basement is so fabulous, Jann!! I think that's where you'd find me all winter long. So cozy, and with the charming kitchen...what more do you need?
Mary Alice

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh Jann, your room is stunningly beautiful!!! I love your beautiful rug. The entire space is so inviting and beautiful. It must be so nice to walk into your room and enjoy it. So glad I came by to see you. Hugs, Beverly

Cynthia said...

Love the rug, does it come in different colors?? I couldn't find the link to look. I must be blind, LOL.

Your Christmas touches are so pretty

Cindy

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love it! The Market Café is so darling too.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Jonell w Harrison said...

Isn't it so satisfying when you see it all come together so beautifully...I too have learned to wait for the right ideas or pieces and so worth it!

Art and Sand said...

I have decided that I am a weirdo. You are talking about your rug and your Christmas decor and all I can focus on is the red leather sofa. We are finding that Lulu and white slipcovers do not work. Actually Lulu and any cloth don't work so we want to go with a leather sofa. Where did you find your red leather.

Oh, and I LOVE the rug.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Jan this space screams cozy! :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The room looks so cosy and the rug adds just the perfect warmth to both the look and the feet!

Unknown said...

Loving all the color and pattern in your home. I have two red sofas as well! Love your Christmas look!

Heirloom treasures said...

How lovely Jann you've made this space. How lucky to have a basement and with windows too.Love it

CD Loken said...

Oh my goodness, Jann! Your basement space looks so darn cozy! I love everything-especially your new rug!!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
I haven't had the opportunity to see how you furnished your basement- which doesn't look like a basement! Such a stunning living space- all of the decorating touches are beautiful and it is ready for Christmas too!
Hugs,
Jemma

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

What a beautiful and festive room Jann! Love the red...how perfect for Christmas! I would love to add those daylight windows to our basement someday. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a merry Christmas season!

Blessings, Deborah

Instagram