A Thrifted Thanksgiving Table. . .

Hello my friends, I don’t know about you but I am just tickled pink today.

I just love it when I find something at a thrift shop and then when I go to use it realize that I have something that goes so well with it.

That’s the case with this Thanksgiving table.

Tuesday after quilt guild my friend, Amanda and I decided to hit our local thrift shop.  There in the collectors case was a set of these beauties.

DSC00245

Four plates and four saucers for $10.  This is our off year for Thanksgiving.  You know, the year that all of the kids go to their inlaws home.  We might end up with a few, but not sure as of now.

DSC00244

I decided to add them to my Thanksgiving tablescape.  That’s when I remembered that I had these beauties.  Fruit motif cups by Avon, called “Sweet Country Harvest”.  They were a thrift find last year.

DSC00246

I could not believe how well the design and colors went together.
Oh, and the napkins were a thrift find as well.  New in the package.  Love how they bring out the touches of blue!

DSC00243

The plates say Westwood, hand painted; Fine Quality, Japan.
Good gravy, do we have enough gravy boats?  Need lots for the big day. lol!  $8 for all three.  I’ve added another thrift bowl, Nasco “Mountain Woodland” and a pie bird to the top of my French mug rack.

DSC00248

I told a lot about my table dĂ©cor here with more thrift finds.  So I am just quickly going to show a few photos.

DSC00105_thumb[1]

DSC00109_thumb[2]

I think that mashed potatoes in this bowl might be just the thing come Thanksgiving!

DSC00106_thumb[1]

Oh yum!  I can taste it right now and my thoughts have turned to the smell of turkey baking in the oven.  Nothing quite like it!!

DSC00250

Happy Thrifting and Happy Thanksgiving!

DSC00247

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home
Make it Monday

33 comments

Anonymous said...

I love your Thanksgiving dinnerware and decor. They really speak to me of warmth and family, just perfect!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

You thrifted some gorgeous dishes Jann....your Thanksgiving table looks great...hugs...

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jann, I love all your thrift store finds (dishes - check; transferware - check; vintage - check; thrifted - double check!). Sure wish our thrift store was stocked like yours (or maybe it is, and there are savvy shoppers like you who get there before me!).

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Aren't these great together?! What superb finds, Jann. Have fun with them.

Your gravy boats are precious, and the pie bird is, too!

Hugs and happy weekend,
Kelley~

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

So pretty Jan...love all of your thrifty finds.They are just perfect for Thanksgiving!
Have a great weekend!
XO Barbara

Sarah said...

It was your lucky day! Love the dish find, and the details of your fall table.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a lucky thriftier! Everything you found is gorgeous and just in time for Tksgiving too.
Enjoy your weekend ahead.
FABBY

Antiques And Teacups said...

Perfect!Much better than the thrift shops around here!

Miss Jane said...

What fun all your thrift finds are, you're so very fortunate. I especially love the Friendly Village pieces, one of my favorite patterns!

Susie said...

Jann, I like those cups with the dishes. Your bird looks so sweet sitting on top . Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

diane said...

What a gorgeous tablescape.....what a find at the thrift store!!!!

diane @ thoughts and shots

Deanies Stash said...

You thrifted great things for your Thanksgiving table!

Deanies Stash said...

You thrifted great things for your Thanksgiving table!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann, what a great find and they are so pretty. I like all the dishes you put together. Next Thanksgiving you will be a head of the game with your great find.
Have a great weekend - hope it's not to cold where you are.
Mary

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Wow Jann, you sure hit the jackpot with those thrifted finds!!

living from glory to glory said...

How fun is that to find those very pretty browns and so Thanksgiving looking: the bounty!
I need to make plans quickly for our dinner!
Love, Roxy

Leslie said...

Beautiful!!!!! Great finds!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann, those are beautiful plates and perfect for Thanksgiving. Love that the cups go with them so well. I too love thrifted dishes, just makes me happy. We are having a small Thanksgiving here this year also. I'm working on my table this week!
hugs,
Linda

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love when that happens! Pretty finds...

Kris said...

Oh yes, a perfect find for your Thanksgiving table!!! I would be tickled pink too!!!!
Loved the ornament tree too!!
xo Kris

Unknown said...

Beautiful dishes, lucky you! I love going to thrift stores. You can find such treasures! Love all your pretties!
Blessings My Friend,

Deborah Montgomery said...

Lovely! You found some great items for your Thanksgiving table. I love the brown transfer ware with fruit. And love those gravy boats.

Unknown said...

How lovely Jann, I love all of your finds~

Rose said...

It definitely fits the season!

Leovi said...

Nice pictures! This dinnerware is a work of art !!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Those are great finds! I LOVE thrifting!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your hanging gravy boats!

Anonymous said...

the table is so lovely and very unique plates..you find the neatest things - need to hang out with you..
HUgs

Michelle H said...

Just lovely! Finds like these are what keep us thrifters thrifting!

Etcetorize said...

So many wonderful pieces! It's going to look amazing once the food is added :) Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

A Joyful Cottage said...

You find the best things at your thrift store, Jann. $10 for that beautiful dinnerware is a humongous bargain. I love the way you have your gravy boats displayed. Really neat. xxx ~ Nancy

Tea in the Library said...

The the way the table looks. So nice that these pretty things have a good new 'rescue' home

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann, what perfect finds for Thanksgiving. I love the design on the pitcher. Happy Thanksgiving to you .

Instagram